hit tracker

cobra ode with ps3 internal hdd.

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by apache, Jan 10, 2014.

1. 39
    apache

apache Loyal Member

i know the internal hdd of ps3 is not accessible with the ode..

so if someone plays online and download some contents where it will be stored.. on internal or external..

and if its stored in internal hdd how the dlc is managed by ode..?

in this context how is buying a 12gb
    console coz other are so costly..

2. 410
    freddy75

freddy75 Loyal Member

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

THe PS3 will store all the files in the normal way, the ODE just uses the BR data stream to inject it's own data.
    So all downloads are installed on the internal HDD.
    We have the same access to the internal HDD as the games them self have.

In my opinion the 12GB is useless. If you want to install Bioshock that comes with bioshock infinity it's already 12GB.
    Some games install nothing but others install 5GB or even more. So I don't really see the use of a 12GB HDD, only thing you could do is replace the HDD with a bigger one you might have laying around.

4. 59
    Jyuri

Jyuri Loyal Member

Just an FYI if you get a 12gb PS3 the hard drive caddy is not included and you have to buy one separately.

5. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

If u want to use the internal hdd to play games just send me a private message .

6. 5
    djleoncro

djleoncro Loyal Member

arent you able to run multiman from cobra and run games when copyed from internal hdd?

7. 39
    apache

apache Loyal Member

actually i am able to do nothing coz i dont have a ps3..actually i just planning to buy one..that's the reason i am doing some research here..

btw cobra ode multiman version has full access to internal hdd and works like a cfw version..?

8. 410
    freddy75

freddy75 Loyal Member

No ... Not full access.

9. 85
    EmolyBQ

EmolyBQ Loyal Member

my PS3 got around 100GB to stored DLC/GameData, yes, expect my PSNs game... Borderland 1-2, Tomb Raider, OkamiHD, WO3,... highest Gamedata is Metal Gear Solid 4, about 10gb.
    so i think u bought a CECH4xxx for ODE is a bad idea.
    you will need to delete game1's data to play game2's data (if need to be installed) fine, but game 3 4 5... ... ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  10. 39
    apache

apache Loyal Member

thanks..

i think it mean that there are always some games i will never be able to play if i go for a 12gb sslim..alright?

or
    i should not download anything from psn and just continue playing from external only..?

and

Do some games necessarily install data on internal otherwise those games are impossible to play by just putting an iso on external..?

11. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Yes the games that with the original disc also need to install data to the internal HDD will also have this need when using the ODE. The ODE is just a replacement of the BR drive nothing more nothing less. So the PS3 responds to everything the same as with the original disc. DLC go to the same internal HDD, save games, game data.
    12GB is useless for more games. I advice against this.

flavioliu and apache like this.
  12. 59
    Jyuri

Jyuri Loyal Member

You can always get a 12 GB PS3 model and just buy laptop internal hard drive to install. This will still come out better for you than getting a 250gb+ PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer...=UTF8&qid=1389629474&sr=8-1&keywords=12gb+ps3 $213

http://www.amazon.com/TabStore-Noun...UTF8&qid=1389629794&sr=8-4&keywords=ps3+caddy $4.90

Any 2.5" hard Drive that is 5400RPM (search Amazon they are cheap.)

I have heard from people with 250gb ps3 they are still deleting/moving stuff around to make space.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  13. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

As I advised in post #3. =-)

I have a 320GB but I remove all the game data (not save games) when I have finished a game or after testing a game I don't want to play I hate clutter. =-)
    I have more than half the space available.

14. 85
    EmolyBQ

EmolyBQ Loyal Member

able to play all games, but u need to delete game data for swapping game.
    game game has install feature in Options. some game need to be installed after launch game or change chapter (like MGS4) and if u want to store PSN game, really need internal HDD.
    *Game data cant be installed in ExHDD

15. 39
    apache

apache Loyal Member

what about scene rips they also need to be installed in internal hdd..?

16. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

A scene rip is just a rip from the original disc from a release group like Duplex, or iMars, sometimes with modified files.

17. 59
    Jyuri

Jyuri Loyal Member

A big hard drive is a absolute must have for PS3.

In my case I lucked out and got my 12gb PS3 new for $150 and a 1TB internal hard drive for $60 bringing my deal better than 250gb PS3. You might not get that exact same deal but if you think about the money you spend on a 250gb/320gb/500gb model ps3 you can get the same thing if not better deal going the 12gb+ buying the hard drive separate.

18. 2
    indeec

indeec Loyal Member

I have a question. I know that i can convert psn games to iso, but i want to do opposite thing - convert iso to folder and install it on internal hdd. AFAIK MM can write in games folder, so i can transfer game data via FTP, and i can edit param.sfo to change type to HDD game, but i heared that files also had to be signed for it. So the question - is it even possible to do that?
    Sorry for my bad english.

19. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Unlike XBOX 360, You can't install everything inside the internal HDD, ODE is just a device that emulates BD Drive, which means it only allows you to do that OFW allows you to do.

Certain game you have options to install Data to increase performance in game, Certain game requires installation of DATA [usually movie clips and audio], Certain game doesn't require data installation AT ALL..

So, I'd say 250GB Internal HDD is good enough for ODE users.

If you use CFW you don't need external HDD, you can just put games inside the internal HDD, but ODE users use OFW, and it won't give you any permission to mount games from internal HDD.

20. 2
    indeec

indeec Loyal Member

Too bad. I dont have CFW - only ode (e3, superslim 4.53). ODE allows me to write custom data on internal HDD, so i thought i can copy all data from image and sign it to make ps3 think it's a PSN game and play them withoutn ode. Just thought if i can do psn>bd conversion, it's possible to do it backwards.