hit tracker

Cobra Question.

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by x66dme66x, Oct 30, 2014.

1. 1
    x66dme66x

x66dme66x Loyal Member

Hi.. I have only ever used Rebug firmwares so I never thought to learn about what Cobra is and whatnot.. I still don't fully understand what Cobra is.. Is it a framework? Is it a USB Dongle? Do I need to purchase anything in order to use 4.65 Rebug?

2. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    It's dongless extra feature that's built-in the latest REBUG 4.65 CFW.

Here is the quote from the official site that will give you general idea

3. 1
    Echelo

Echelo Loyal Member

I second this. Wtf is Cobra and is it needed to run the lastest cfw? I've always ran d-rex without Cobra, can I still do this?

Edit: from the info I see here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f340/cobra-7-00-information-release-source-119969/, it looks like its built into the firmware. I was getting this confiused with the Cobra dongle.

So I guess it means its safe to use (when a final version is released), without a Cobra USB Dongle?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  4. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Yes Cobra 7 that is integrated into the firmware is safe and is dongle free. Now some aspects of the link is a little outdated but should give you a general understanding of what cobra is and how to use it. Also you can run Rebug 4.65 without Cobra if you want by disabling it in toolbox.

5. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

Guys sorry for being a noob { COBRA 7 IS INTEGRATED INTO FIRMWARE } So my question is, I am on rebug 4.65.1 does that mean that I should have the toggle on/off option for cobra and webman in the rebug toolbox because i don't or do I have to install them? any help would be great.

6. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

You do not have to install anything because it is already built into the firmware so all you need to do is enable webman and cobra through Rebug Toolbox.

7. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

That is the problem I do not have the option in toolbox to enable either cobra or webman

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

guys do you think i might have to reinstall firmware?

9. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Are you using the latest Rebug Toolbox version 2.02.01? Because the option is under the selector icon which is second from the left.

10. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

Using the toolbox that came with the firmware which 02.01.05. Can i update to new one via PS3 or download via PC? Thanks for your help.

11. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Rebug 2.02.01 is included in Rebug 4.65.1 I would update the latest ver of toolbox by either downloading the newest toolbox or installing it from Package Manager->Install Package Files->PS3 System Storage->REBUG_TOOLBOX_02.02.01.pkg and if it the install says "The same version is already installed. Do you want to continue installing?" Click Yes. Then you should have your webman and cobra options in toolbox.

12. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

It's funny that version of rebug toolbox did not come with my 4.65.1 I tried to install it again via path u suggested but still have the
    Same version, I think I will download it. Cheers

Just update toolbox got this message your system is not running on compatible Rebug Cobra configuration toggling cobra will not be available any idea? Cheers

13. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Well it sounds like your not running 4.65.1.....I would make sure to update your cfw

14. 7
    eireusa

eireusa Loyal Member

Going to install again but can't find be .PUP file and rebug.me has taken it down any idea where to get it

15. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

Since the Rebug team has taken down the link I am not going to post any links, but I would suggest using google I am sure you will find something. Just make sure to double check your MD5 to make sure you downloading the real deal.