hit tracker

Complete Guide to Homebrew and Flashcarts on the DS!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by FifthE1ement, Aug 13, 2006.

1. 0
    paki

paki Guest

nope, dsorganize doesn't change anything.

note that you wont be able to play download play with roms, unless the receiving DS has flashme installed (which does void your warranty)

2. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Fabulous work 5th, can't send enough respect. This will help alot of newcomers and even teach us all a thing or two ;).

3. 552
    MR_COW

MR_COW Loyal Member

4. 23
    frozenipaq

frozenipaq Loyal Member

Nicely done! This is much betther than P-Chan's guide that he formed several months ago :eek: The formatting in the PDF is excellent, clean, and well organized with great knowledge.

I actually prefer the M3 menu system over any flashcart menu system, so that is a pro rather than a con for me :p The G6L's menu is more clunky and the response time with stylus control and moving of the bar on the right is slow as well.

A con of the M3 Lite is it is hard to take out of the NDSL - I don't know if you mentioned that or not

5. 396
    UP_PSP

UP_PSP Loyal Member

FIFTH!!! Thats sick!

but, umm 5th... you might wanna remove a "certian" link to a "certian" site in that guide, located "somewhere" near the end.

6. 25
    Bongloads

Bongloads Loyal Member

Overall, a very good guide - especially for beginners. However, there is a massive amount of errors and misinformation contained in it - so many that I don't even feel like getting myself started on them.

Basically, if you're new to the DS scene, read it - BUT do not take every grain of information to heart, as you will find that much of it is incorrect.

But nice work nonetheless.

7. 23
    frozenipaq

frozenipaq Loyal Member

I found most of the information correct. Rather than dissing how correct it is, take the time to show what you believe is wrong and we'll debate about it instead of acting all smart :p

8. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone and I hope you all enjoy the guide! It took quite a while to make an I spent a lot of time in Word, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat getting it just right as I need everything to be perfect before I can submit my work (Perfection nut!).

Just an FYI: The guide has bookmarks in Adobe if you need to get information on the fly and gives you incite on every flashcart and homebrew program available.

UP_PSP, if you are referring to Xphilez.com that site is mine and we have a game section so I have to give it props in my guide!
    Check it out!

Thanks again,

FifthE1ement :cool:

9. 396
    UP_PSP

UP_PSP Loyal Member

Yea, I post there myself, its just, theres some certain sections Maxconsole might not like. Just lookin out for ya

10. 1,511
    Robotron

Robotron Loyal Member

Great job Fifth. Some great information there that I can now pass on to people that ask me 1000 questions.
    Thanks.

11. 0
    Crateman

Crateman Guest

Thanks!

Thanks FifthE1ement! Thanks!

I've been an experienced PSP Homebrew user for quite a long time and I wanted to give DS Homebrew a try for some time, but the whole deal about Flashcarts/Passcarts was kindda confusing -compatibility, differences between brands...you name it-. After doing my research I thought about buying a M3 Flashcart and a Passme3 for my DS Phat...

...but thanks to your guide, I became an expert in less than 27 pages. :)

The WHOLE guide was completely useful and I found it very easy to read. After reading the Pro's/Con's of every flashcart, I finally found out that what I really needed was a SuperCard miniSD -the main use I’ll give to Flashcart is Homebrew, so I wanted the Flashcart with the best homebrew compatibility-. And thanks to the links at the end of the page, I found out a store with a great deal for a SuperCard miniSD, a 1 Gb miniSD card, a Superkey, and an USB miniSD reader for $110 bucks.

Hands down one of the best guides relating Homebrew I've ever read -and I've read plenty of them!-.

12. 7
    kyo86sg

kyo86sg Loyal Member

Thanks FifthE1ement!

Greetingz to You, and thankz, am using it now to make a impact on the homebrew scene in singapore!

Great guide. :cool:

13. 54
    cmdwedge

cmdwedge Loyal Member

The G6 Lite comes with white, black and blue casings for the cart - and a large white one in case you have a DS Fat. No idea where you came up with your 'luck of the draw' thing.

I'm looking at my little tin now - it has a large white, a small blue and small black, and my small white is in the DS Lite right now.

14. 21
    icepick

icepick Loyal Member

Thanks FifthE1ement...Downloading now....Thankyou for your efforts

:)

15. 0
    DCJoeDog

DCJoeDog Guest

Thank you for the AWESONME guide, now I know almost as much as you do on the subject.

16. 337
    halomasta203

halomasta203 Loyal Member

Excellent guide! 5 stars!

17. 14
    _RoS_128

_RoS_128 Loyal Member

w00t!!! :D :p

18. 0
    n][v

n][v Guest

Thanks, FifthE1ement.

Excellent info for a noob like me! cheers.

19. 1
    ripnetuk

ripnetuk Loyal Member

MrModchips a good supplier... are u sure?

Hi,

For people who see that this (otherwise excellant) guide, and are thinking of using mrmodchips.co.uk, ive had a bad experience with their service.

I urge any potential customers of mrmodchips to check out

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6853.html

I sure wish i'd seen that before I ordered. My experience is not on there, but its similar to those stories. End result - got my money back from Mastercard :)

regards

George

20. 0
    javadrops

javadrops Guest

muy bein:)