hit tracker

Complete Guide to Homebrew and Flashcarts on the DS!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by FifthE1ement, Aug 13, 2006.

1. 114
    hikaru1

hikaru1 Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Wow, I'm sorry i didn't discovered this until now! Very organized and detailed! Extremely well done! Thanks for your effort!! :)

2. 65
    enb141

enb141 Loyal Member

Excellent guide, - just a few questions about gba adapters:

- Does anyone knows if there's a GBA adapter which supports direct rom with RTC?

- Are any DS Games that requires RTC?

3. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Thanks!

Direct Rom? Do you mean clean ROMs? Only the Neo products support clean ROMs which are posted in my guide. And the EZ, G6, and M3 all support RTC.

RTC is a GBA only feature as the DS games use the DS clock. All flashcarts make use of the DS clock though so there are no problems.

I am updating the guide with new charts and flashcart information this coming month! Be sure to check back here or by using the links built-into the guide to get the newest version!

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement :cool:

4. 65
    enb141

enb141 Loyal Member

Yes I mean clean GBA ROMs, on DS side DS-X supports clean roms and others that you have mention but EZ 4 which is the best one that you have reviewed for GBA it doesn't says something about Clean ROM on GBA :confused:

Thanks again and as soon as you publish your updated guide I'm going to read it again :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2006
  5. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Like, I said the only slot 2 flashcart that claims to have clean ROM support is the Neo-2 line. That goes for DS and GBA games. Slot 1 flashcarts such as the DS-X do not support GBA at all. The best GBA flashcart is the EZ line, best DS and homebrew is the SuperCard Line, and the best overall is the M3/G6 line.

I will be adding a new feature chart in my updated guide which will show all features of the current slot 1 and 2 flashcarts. Stay tuned to this thread for more information on the release!

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement :cool:

6. 27
    kmihalj

kmihalj Loyal Member

M3 support clean GBA rom, but you must create save file ... just copy GBA.DAT which come with GameManager (in it's folder) (or create one 1 MB size or 129 Kb - for clean gba rom it doesn't metter) and rename it to match .gba filename. In that way you loose realtimesave and fast-load but hey ... it's clean ROM .... I use M3 for GBA in that way becaouse I have Mac G4 so I don't need to run VirtualPC for GBA games.

7. 0
    pixel8

pixel8 Guest

The first posts' pdf seems to be corrupted. When opening, error says 'document cannot be decrypted'

8. 14
    _RoS_128

_RoS_128 Loyal Member

Works for me. I'm using GSView though. I don't know about Adobe.

Am i allowed to post links? Ah just Google it. It's the first thing that comes up.

9. 9
    cirdec

cirdec Loyal Member

21K view in 3months!
    FifthE1ement, are you going to update soon?
    pls......................

10. 10
    shiranui

shiranui Loyal Member

if you are getting that error you are not using a later version of Adobe Reader, update to 7.

I just have question(s) as I am new to the DS cause my friend wants me to hack his cause I have a hacked PSP.... which seems alot easier then the DS. If he wants to run commercial back-ups of his game, I would need a passme cart, a ds cart and teh file to flash the firmware... then after that I would need to choose the storage route to go with to hold the back-ups and im set... right? is there another method that doesn't require buying as much add-ons that I only use once?

11. 14
    _RoS_128

_RoS_128 Loyal Member

haha! yeah! buy a DS-X

no flashing or nada. alls you need to do is plug it in, drag and drop the ROMs onto it, then put it in your DS and you're ready to go. the only drawback is that they're all going to be in backorder for a long time---oh and they're like $120.

12. 10
    shiranui

shiranui Loyal Member

thanks for the reply... ugh I wish there was a decent emulator cause I just want to play Final Fantasy III

13. 0
    naskar

naskar Guest

Hi, i´m a new member here ;).

I want to buy a new flash card, and I´m not sure... supercard or ezflash IV...

I want it to play nds and gba backups only .. (homebrew doesn´t care me).

I´ve read in the guide that supercard is better than ez in nds compatibility, but i can see in http://www.ezflash.cn/list.asp that only 5 games doesnt work properly...

Can anyone helpme to choose one?

Thanks ;)

14. 88
    mkgennyx

mkgennyx Loyal Member

skizool
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  15. 24
    shadow_cruiser

shadow_cruiser Loyal Member

FifthElement - I'm getting an internal server error when trying to access your website. Can someone upload this guide to a mirror please?

16. 4
    shinji257

shinji257 Loyal Member

Excellent guide. You should add that the Action Replay DS can be used as a NoPass device. I just tested it after seeing it listed in a wikipedia article. Hold down select while booting (don't need a game attached to the ar ds unit) and it will boot the device in the gba slot. I am also testing to see if this is sufficient to dump Nintendo DS games. ;)

17. 1
    pande_monium

pande_monium Loyal Member

IT Tester
    Thank you for the guide

G'day mate!

Just wanted to post a message thanking you for the effort you've taken in writing this excellent guide.

All the best.

pande_monium

18. 1
    duke_nukem

duke_nukem Loyal Member

hi.a bought a ds and i want to buy a flashcard.in our city there is only one shop that sells only one type of cards.and there is no name on it, only a name called "apex" is on it's cover and it's for slot 2.does anybody knows which type of card is that and is that good?there is two nds games on it when buying.

another question my ds is modded can i play online with that?i only want to play umk:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  19. 5
    wizzim

wizzim Loyal Member

error page

im getting an error page when i go to the link

20. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

Given how old it is, it probably wouldn't be too relevant today aside from the bare essentials.