hit tracker

Confirmed: Final Fantasy XIII graphics inferior on 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jan 31, 2010.

By Zeus on Jan 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    A touring bus has allowed the public and journalists to sample Final Fantasy XIII and it's bad news for 360 owners. Feedback is stating that the 360 version looks worse with the game looking more crisp and texture-filled on the PS3.

<blockquote>Square Enix’s marketing activities, in the form of a touring bus, have given US fans the chance to play both:

From a real person:

I went to the Sunnyvale one today and got to play the 360 version. I am so very disappointed to see the difference in textures and detail of the 360 version vs. the PS3. =( I know it’s DVD vs. BD, but I didn’t think it would be that noticeable. My boyfriend told me it’s fine if I wanna stick with the 360 version, but he’s going for the PS3 one now.

From a game journalist:

Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/01/31/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-graphics-inferior-to-ps3/" target="_blank">Sanakucomplex</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jan 31, 2010.

1. 1,132
      crono

crono Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      So blu ray stand for better graphics??? Not more available ram memory witch xbox360 have?

So you want to say 25 gigs on a blu ray is better than 25 on 3 DVD’s
      25 gigs are 25 gigs!!!!!!!!! How stooped can you be!!!!

Xbox360 still have 40mb more available memory left then ps3 when they’re running native.

2. 315
      sens8

sens8 Loyal Member

I would like to see the difference for myself and see if the difference is all that much. If so... I will go for the better.

3. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

This is why I got both consoles....it gives me the choice to choose which version I want.

Not that it matters anyway since I dont really like FF anyway (unless the battle system has changed to one I do).

4. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Im still going for the PS3 version but id like to see both simply as i don't believe the article it lacks screenshots video and any other technical information.

5. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

The so calld games journalist one is from a very sketchy article from a couple of weeks ago, doesn 't actually say more than it looks less crisp which is very non specific and to be honest not very well reported. The "real" person one is not better and equally as vague.

Whatr i find suprising is that neither produce any comparisson and no real game sites have produced any reports on these tour bus comparissons of their own.

This is a PS3 game for me if I bother to buy it whatever the final result is, but I take with a pinch of salt any articles like this until there is any real evidence.

6. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

It's incredible how people are still convinced that 360 and PS3 are the same level.

7. 417
      waldog

waldog BANNED FOREVER

The graphics will always look better on a console that was the lead console for the development. Just like some games look better on 360 due to the console being the lead platform of the games design.

This is the truth. ^

But we do see some games that kill others because of the power a certain console possesses. :cool:

8. 556
      Taft

Taft Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I am not surprise if Ps3 looks better but I would like to see comparison myself. Think I will get it for Ps3 anyway but might also checking out 360 version.

9. 1,587
      Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

And I shall get neither.

Japanese adventure games with stats they call "jRPGs" had their peak in the 90's - PSX era.

Since then, nothing can beat gems like Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 2, Parasite Eve and the likes.

More of the same, rehashed "franchise-ready" s***, just waiting for its retarded fanbase to be bought; complete with "yaoi" pairing, cosplay clothes and all sorts of ridiculous pulp most manchildren are into.

Same applies to western cRPGs though - resquiescat in pacem Troika/Black Isle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    10. 377
      Brandogg

Brandogg Loyal Member

Home Page:
      First - Has anyone heard of this site before?
      Second - Who fucking cares?

11. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Well.. This is why i have all 3 consoles. :)

Anyways.. FF doeent have that good ingame GFX, and i doubt there is this much of a difference. And besides its a game that GFX doesent mean THAT much. Its only a turn based RPG.
      I changed my mind anyway about FF, and wont buy it until PS3 version is in a bargain bin.

Heavy Rain, BF Bad Company 2 (360), Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo 5, Army of Two 2, Zelda Wii is more important games than FF for me in 2010..
      I already bought Mass Effect 2 and Army of Two 2, and preordered the rest.

12. 199
      twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

We don't even know if these are the final builds.

No doubt, as the lead console, the PS3 version will be better. I think we all always knew that anyway. Please though for the love of god, will people stop comparing Bluray to DVD.

DVD is old news and there is no way it will be part of the new Xbox whenever its released. I bet even Nintendo go down the Bluray route with their next console.

Games, especially games like FF are getting bigger and bigger. I have no doubt that this game on Xbox is suffering due to its DVD drive and lack of compulsory HDD installation.

Flame away, but its the truth and some people need to wake up to the fact that larger capacity disks are the future,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    13. 0
      karyuudo

karyuudo Guest

Their article is useless without pictures to compare.

14. 272
      bubbleboy

bubbleboy Loyal Member

I totally agree! I find it mind boggling that some of them are *still* saying the PS3 has the better graphics!! Then again, with (obviously biased) articles like this, with a 'real person', it's no wonder.

15. 180
      diecast

diecast Loyal Member

16. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Larger discs for games is only recommended for games with hours of FMV on current gen. The game data never needs more room han the size of a DVD.

I buy Blu-Ray movies when i wanna see a movie.. I buy games to play games, NOT buying a game to watch movies. ;-)

17. 848
      SLAYERPSP

SLAYERPSP Loyal Member

3 dl disc for the 360 cost about 2.25 ps3 bluray 65.00 after tax i think ill go with the 360 free is good. i love custom firmware. oh yes im a thief oh well

18. 712
      dreary79

dreary79 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Since I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan I might buy a collectors edition for PS3. But with most games I just play on 360 since the games are free. Most games play and look better on 360. If XIII looks better on PS3 it's fine with me.

19. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

:D I know i have a friends of a friend whos sister girlfriend called a person and said the 360 version was better. they would have posted screenshots and video but the new trend is not to actually backup your claim, but rather just make something up and claim it as true.

besides the video cut scenes that may be 1080p, the game probably defaults back to 720p when not in cutscenes. But the 360 can upscale better. So i wonder if this article is based on cutscenes or on gameplay?
      better yet what the final res is for both versions.