hit tracker

Confirmed G6 Homebrew Compatability List

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by BombBomb, Aug 13, 2006.

1. 15
    TheMarioKarters

TheMarioKarters Loyal Member

I can confirm that the .sc.nds version works.

2. 0
    Grimgoil

Grimgoil Guest

What is the "Add Header" option, while burning game with the u-disk i never cameuopn such an option:confused:

3. 22
    BombBomb

BombBomb Loyal Member

It is an option when you run it on the card, not an option when you burn. When you go into your card in the menu (I believe by pressing X?) and you select a file to play it will have you pick "run" or "add header."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2006
  4. 273
    galaxykidgamma

galaxykidgamma Loyal Member

student
    Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/microsonic
    the new dStar sequencer is not working, even when you "add header" you get white screens

EDIT: I can also confirm that nitrotracker does not work

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2006
  5. 21
    junfeng85

junfeng85 Loyal Member

NDS mail works but i cannot get the application to read the configuration file or save my settings. Have to rekey my options every time.

6. 25
    olax

olax Loyal Member

1st post says Picodrive (genesis/megadrive emu)does not work but it works fine. I've been playing sensible soccer for the last hour (still rocks even after all these years). :D

You need to append the rom to the picodrive 1.5 file

(from the instructions.......)
    Added support for appended ROMs. This should allow users with carts not supported by gba_nds_fat to use PicoDriveDS. Simply append a ROM to the PicoDriveDS binary, and it will run it (on *nix systems this can be done with “cat romname.ext >> picodriveds.extâ€, on Windows with “copy /b picodriveds.ext+romname.ext picodriveds-withrom.extâ€, substituting the appropriate filenames of course). You can only append one ROM at a time. In this mode, Genesis SRAM will be saved to GBA SRAM. Some patchers may work correctly with this and save the SRAM to your removable media,

(And Yes saves seem to work for me as well)

Copy the resulting file to the G6 Lite then browse using MyCard and do the Add Header option to launch.

No sound in Picodrive but the games are very playable.

tolax

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2006
  7. 62
    Flergle

Flergle Loyal Member

Where is this "add header" function? I can only find a "trim ROM" option and the four different writing methods.

8. 158
    wadsy

wadsy Loyal Member

its not in G6 U-DISK Manager, once you've stuck in your g6 into your NDS switch on and goto top right hand corner where it says NDS Games select, my cart in there find your homebrew and tap it should come up with 2 options run and add header

9. 62
    Flergle

Flergle Loyal Member

Cool (just noticed the question was answered above, apologies). But can someone tell me if you're supposed to patch homebrew ROMs with the U-Disk Manager like a normal ROM, or if you just copy those directly across?

10. 25
    olax

olax Loyal Member

Certainly with Picodrive it did not matter whether I used the U-Disk manager or just copied it accross. In the end I just copied it as you have to use the MyCard option in order to boot it using the Add Header Option. There seemed little point in having the game 'listed' when I can't boot it that way. I don't think there is a way of permanently specifying the add header option

tolax

11. 5
    siz

siz Loyal Member

The cropping problem can be fixed by pressing L and d-pad up and down. However, it will then crop off part of the top of the screen (though i believe this part of the screen is less crucial).

12. 22
    BombBomb

BombBomb Loyal Member

Thanks, Siz.

13. 0
    Gaharay

Gaharay Guest

Anyone tried Tales of Dagur?

14. 0
    killyourself

killyourself Guest

i cant get the DS to properly play the sega rom. this is what i do:

copy /b picodrive.nds+eternalchampions.BIN eternalchampions.nds

then i run with add header but the game just shows a messed up menu on the top screen and wont run.

15. 22
    BombBomb

BombBomb Loyal Member

Try ammending the .ds.gba version. That worked for me.

"Copy /b picodrive.ds.gba+shiningforce.bin PicodriveShiningForce.ds.gba"

16. 0
    killyourself

killyourself Guest

hmm still a no go.

im trying to append eternal champions and ive tried to add it to the .nds and .nds.gba versions, but still no good. anyone able to please give a step by step, because im not sure what im doing wrong here.

17. 9
    Burgi

Burgi Loyal Member

Win2DS

Win2DS doesn't seem to work. 2 White screens with standard settings. would love to see this in action! :(

18. 9
    Burgi

Burgi Loyal Member

Win2DS

Ah I'm sorry. Did use the .nds file. When using the nds.gba file with the 'Run' command it works fine!!!

19. 68
    MeTaLsToRmDS

MeTaLsToRmDS Loyal Member

Has anyone got the Duckhunt by phantom working on the G6 lite. Ive tried .nds and .ds.gba and sc.nds but it turns white the closest I get is patching it to sc.nds and it gets to the menu but I cant start the game??

UPDATE: Alright I got a little farther if you use U-DIsk program to put the .ds.gba on it skips the menu entirly and starts the game but the touch screen doesnt work and you cant shoot any ducks.

If you cant find the game its right here ds.gba here http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/duckhunt.shtml

.nds here http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?nam...howpage&pid=20
    (click yes under .nds colum)

20. 25
    olax

olax Loyal Member

You can add NetHack DS as not working (no surprise)

Another one that will be incompatible until they sort out the fatlib

tolax