hit tracker

Converting cobra iso to ps3 folder

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ISO's) Discussion' started by hero007yt, Feb 27, 2017.

1. 5
    hero007yt

hero007yt Loyal Member

can i convert an iso working on cobra to file folder will it work ,as i have to do some things while i convert an folder to iso to make it work ,do i have to do something to make the folder work after converting it from iso using ps3isotool (or something )

2. 153
    sakran

sakran Loyal Member

normally i convert the iso back to ps3 folder by simply extracting the iso and treating it as a RAR file, that way it gives me the folder structure i previously used to convert to Cobra ode iso, as for making it playable on the console i think if you have cobra ode it won't work only iso
    but for multiman yes it will work but dunno if you have to modify Eboot.bin file or Param.sfo file or anything else as am not experienced in Software multiman hack

hero007yt likes this.
  3. 5
    hero007yt

hero007yt Loyal Member

so i only have to extract the iso to folder and it will work?
    by any software like winrar,7zip etc or ps3isotool and what about the folder name all the folders are named something like Bxxxxxx-gamename and my iso's are only the game name

ps :i have a ps3 superslim with cobra ode and my friend has a ps3 slim with cfw multiman and i copy games from him and he was asking if my games can work on his ps3 too

4. 153
    sakran

sakran Loyal Member

yah use winrar and make in the properties to treat the iso as a rar file and it will give you the shape of a rared file that way when you double click the iso it will open it as if it's rar'd and you can see the folder structure inside which is the ps3 structure you want and simply extract it

as for games taken from your friend it will work but first you have to use an app called ps3 iso rebuilder
    this app checks if all files you have in the game are complete and it's making this by downloading an IRD file which is considered the blueprint of any ps3 game , so let's say for example you took God of War III from your friend , so load that ps3 folder game in the PS3-ISO-Rebuilder app and it will take some time to read all files depending on the game files and size, then after it's loaded download the corresponding ird file of the game yo have, PS3-ISO-Rebuilder app will give you all the info of the game , if it's BLES or BLUS or anything else so go and search for corresponding IRD file download it and then load it in PS3-ISO-Rebuilder and it will compare the files you have with the original files existing in IRD file , and if all is good it will give you all files in SOLID GREEN color , that';s when you can convert the game normally to iso and it will for sure 100% work on your cobra ode.
    for more info check this post here

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-use-ird-files-and-ps3-iso-rebuilder.30306/

place for IRD files

http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/