hit tracker

Datel Max Media Player for DS Review

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, May 11, 2006.

1. 0
    carlitos2200

carlitos2200 Guest

Max Media Launcher/Player

MML and MMP are 2 different products. I have both and used them on my 4GB hdd AND 1GB CFcard. Max Media player works they way they do on hd and CF but when I used Max Media launcher I got the 2-white screens -of -death. The launcher is supposed to work well with GBA flash cards AND the Max Media Docker. But the 4GBhdd is on a Max media Docker! Unless the Max Media Docker has different innards like the MML and MMP do thenMML should work with MMD. I ordered a GBAMP and I hope that I can see for myself. MMP does not read .gba files. MML I am guessing does not read .nds files unless patched with .gba. If anyone has had same problems as I have let me know.:confused:

2. 0
    Madhatta

Madhatta Guest

question

Ok I have been researching all this tonight since I just got a DS Lite a week or so ago.

It seems like the max media dock is the best solution as you can get a 4gb sd card off ebay for not too bad of a price relatively speaking. Ok but once you have this you still need max media player right? Do they sell this without the 4gb power eating hdd? I saw the max media launcher but wasn't sure if this was able to hold the updated version of the max media player on it.

Thanks for any help.

Madhatta

3. 42
    TheDoomer

TheDoomer Loyal Member

If you plan on getting your own 4gb CF card for it, then all you need is the Max Media Dock, which, from what i gathered, if just the Max Media Player 4gb HDD, but without the HDD in it. Also, what what I've heard around here, the CF card uses up much less battery than the 4gb HDD

4. 218
    handyguy

handyguy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    "best solution as you can get a 4gb sd card off ebay "

It doesn't use SD cards.

Plus on ebay about 80% of the cards are fake, that's why they are so cheap.

5. 42
    TheDoomer

TheDoomer Loyal Member

Go to newegg.com , I got a 4gb CF card for $83.

6. 0
    Torokun

Torokun Guest

So you think most of these issues are software issues? Or Hardware issues?

If it's a software issue, wouldn't it improve with better version of firmware?

Also, anyone knows how I can display images?

7. 0
    TennisGuy

TennisGuy Guest

Is the cartridge that comes with the 4gb HD the same as the MML?

Im asking this because there is a listing to buy one that came with the HD. I want to know if this will work on a flash card as the MML is supposed to do.

8. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

If you want a flashcart buy a flashcart, otherwise stay away away from the MMP!

FifthE1ement

9. 0
    TennisGuy

TennisGuy Guest

Im asking about the nopass that comes with the HD. So is it the same as the MML.

I have a flash cart and that is the reason im asking

10. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Yes the MML is the same as the one that comes with the MMP. It doesn't have sleep mode so I suggest getting the SuperKey or PassCard3 as they are the best made.

FifthE1ement

11. 0
    TennisGuy

TennisGuy Guest

Awesome. I Think i will stick with the datel one. I just want to flash my DS.

No worries if I brick it because Wal-Mart service doesnt know much about....much :D

Also isnt there an easy mod for sleep mode?

12. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Why buy the MML when you can spend 5 bucks more and buy a better passcard? You can always use the passcard in your friend ds for download play or for someone else to have.

Yes there is a hack but it requires putting tin foil in your DS slots which can damage the ds easily or get stuck.

FifthE1ement

13. 0
    TennisGuy

TennisGuy Guest

Itd be like an extra 10 bucks because of the Bay. Also I dont really know any people with DS's. Thirdly if I flash it and have a card inserted doesnt it sleep?

14. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Yes, you can use any DS game even MPH FH demo if you like. I just have bias against Datel for the MMP and how the customers get screwed. Nothing personal with you and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

FifthE1ement

15. 0
    Cucucachoo

Cucucachoo Guest

lolz yup im one of em, im going to get even heheheeee. *pulls out an mk47*

16. 0
    madmadabsrd

madmadabsrd Guest

wow... the video player still doesn't look like that

17. 40
    MeteoraTC

MeteoraTC Loyal Member

Why did you bring back a dead thread? What kind of noob are you, and all you say is that.

The last post was august of 2006. It is almost summer of 2007.

18. 0
    madmadabsrd

madmadabsrd Guest

its fun
    and im not a fucking noob

19. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

no... but you guys fight like noobs...
    anyway, bringing back a thread doesn't mean someone is a noob... it's not illegal to do that... if it were they would have pruning turned on...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  20. 947
    iapetus722

iapetus722 Loyal Member

Draftsman
    Home Page:
    http://maxmediadock.pbwiki.com/
    Its not really bringing back an old thread if it is in the stickies now is it (its always been there). The real question is why is this still stickied?