hit tracker

Dean, suggestion for multiman.

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by Piratan, Jun 8, 2012.

1. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

First, let me just say that I love Multiman, and I hope you don't find it insulting for me suggesting something.

You have made lots of changes over the time multiman has been out, but one thing has stayed the same. And I don't know if it is even possible to change. but the transfer / back up has not changed ( cosmetically ) since the original manager was released.

here is my idea, I think it merges with multiman game setting menu.

I hope you read this, I don't even know if you check this site. I was going to post it at another forum but it seems you packed up and moved your business else where.

here is just a concept of what I was thinking for a update.
    View attachment 2714

updating the transfer screen might not be a big priority or anything but maybe something to toy with when your bored? dunno, Just a idea.

2. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

thanks guys for thanking the post, I take it at least some people like it.

Do you guys like the idea or the concept I came up with? And Is a change even possible?

in the concept I was thinking it would just call on resources that is already available. So no themers would have to re do there theme for it.
    Elements it would use is the BLU.png, HDD.png, USB.png. They would show underneath corresponding word.

The game cover and Pic1 would either be available already in the covers folder and the PIC1 would be in its normal spot as well. could add in the Icon png if you found a place you wanted post it to.

the only element you would have to add I guess would be the arrow. you could even use same special effect you have set up as the arrow.png. so it looks like it flashing / moving.

3. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/
    I was thinking of such visualization for a long time and the only reason I didn't implement it was my concern it may affect the speed of the copy process. I'll perform some tests and we may get something out of it.

Thank you @Piratan for the interest and suggestions to improve multiMAN.

Dean

4. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Just wondering if you can sort games by USB's and internal hd, I know its alphabetical but if you cant separate by device, this may be something to try and add as well eventually.

5. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

Thank you! :)

I look forward to seeing any improvements you can add. multiman is irreplaceable.

I was worried about memory usage, I never thought it might bog down the copy speed. ( or would that be the same thing? ) Anyhow, I am sure some people would not mind to sacrifice a little speed for some eye candy. Good luck !

6. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

I hate to bring this up, but you said you would run some tests. If you did get around to run some tests, did it slow down any? I was interested in the results. I made another concept I will post it later if you would like.

7. 25,339
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
  8. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

I am sorry, I was refering to the transfer screen, he mentioned that it -may- slow down performance with adding a cosmetic interface to it. He said he would run some tests. I read the log and I didn't see anything talking about it.

9. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

But they fixed the FTP server for me I WIN jk ;) I agree with you that screen gets mighty boring to stare at while ripping a 20gb game of course I guess I could go do something else but I'm a loser so I just stare at loading screens all day oh well :(

10. 734
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

The option to disable it or choose the progress bar could possible help, right??

Thanks again Dean for ALL that you've done for PS3 Scene :D

11. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/
    When I test and have results I'll post.

12. 352
    tonybologna

tonybologna Loyal Member

construction business owner, affiliate marketing,
    I have a request but it's a little off-topic though. Does anybody have a link for MM(MultiMan) DEX version? I don't think there has been an updated version for DEX released in a while but I want the last release please! Thanks!

13. 306
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

14. 352
    tonybologna

tonybologna Loyal Member

construction business owner, affiliate marketing,
  15. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I would like to see the compatibility for RetroArch to be fixed/improved.

with a choice to group by libretro core as well as by gaming system..

Maybe with the browse by gaming system options would be an edit to options.ini, listing each path for each system..

16. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

got bored so made up a new display mode idea for MM. for the funz and lolz.
    View attachment 3108
    click for better view. I call it the memory killer display mode.

17. 67
    dust906

dust906 Loyal Member

Manager, Used Car Sales , Service
    anything we can do for more HDD support ?

i want to upgrade my internal hdd to 1tb , but im afraid im going to lose alot of stuff
    edit : just found out they decrypted hdd encryption also

anything good there ?

18. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

View attachment 3369

came up with this one when i was adding games from ps3 hdd to another external hdd. and each time it would go to the black screen and i would have to wait to do the next one.so thought about a queue thing. so i got bored and made this up.

i know i should have just ftp, i will next time

I also could have used the mmOS. just thought of that. oh well.