hit tracker

Devhook user guide for all firmwares (1.5, 2.71, 2.71 SE)

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by JAMESBDX, Nov 16, 2006.

1. 0
    otcho

otcho Guest

my question yesterday and dark_alex made it ^^ the devhook 0.5 launcher for 2.71 and it works ^^

2. 563
    Ooops

Ooops Loyal Member

I got something to submit maybe it could be usefull to add it: it's the readme included which each release of devhook. I took the one of 0.5101 and added all the translated sentences that I found along the boards.
    Also I think it could be a good idea if we could manage to translate all the devhook docs and gather them somewhere.

3. 0
    makkan00

makkan00 Guest

Error 80020148

hi,
    I have psp with current version 2.7 and I tried to use devhook sen c on it , but as written in it, I have to use tiff once, and it worked, after that I can go and launch 0.4 launcher for 2.71. But when I come out of this launcher than I can't use it again. I have to use tiff image everytime and if it comes green (sometime not) than I can use 0.4 launcher for 2.71 only.

Is it normal or there is some problem. And If I start my psp and go directly to 0.4 launcher for 2.71 and try to start it, it give error stating "The game could not be started (80020148). I think you people can guess by this error no.
    Kindly reply me asap. Thanks in advance.:)

4. 0
    SexyPopMachine

SexyPopMachine Guest

Please update so that 3.02OE-B users can emulate 1.5.

5. 913
    JAMESBDX

JAMESBDX Loyal Member

i know i haven't updated the guide in quite a while but to be honest, i don't use devhook anymore seen as 3.03 OE-A does everything. i will update it if there are enough people asking me to do so but otherwise i think everyone's best off using 3.03 0E-A.

if you keep devhook 0.46 for usbhost functions (which is understandable) the settings are already in the guide.

thanks to everyone who helped and as i said, i will continue this guide if enough people ask me to...

6. 913
    JAMESBDX

JAMESBDX Loyal Member

to keep hen active, you must NOT turn off your psp completely, you can put it in sleep mode but if you turn it off completely, you have to do the manipulation again...

7. 166
    cubeikon

cubeikon Loyal Member

yeah, I'd like to know how to get devhook running under 3.03 OE-A as well....since I'm fooling around with irShell atm, and I believe theres no other way to get my ISOs/CSOs to run under irShell, except for getting it done with devhook...

But I'm kinda confused on how to install devhook, and if there might be some issues, because the devhook installation is writing some **** to the flash, right?! Not quite sure if thats possibly going to collide with a custom firmware being installed...

I actually don't need the firmware-emulation function, do I have to mess around with installing stuff to the psp's flash for devhook still? I'd really appreciate a short guide on how to get it running under 3.03 OE-A :-S

cheers
    cube

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  8. 125
    jeremypeps

jeremypeps Loyal Member

I would like to know how to run it under 3.03 OE-C. Only because I am working on custom XMB and really would like to test them with Devhook before Copying them to the Flash using the USB. I have Devhook V0.51 and got it installed just need to help setting up the folders to emulate different firmwares.

9. 0
    keakha

keakha Guest

Help with Devhook on 2.71 with HEN-D

k, i got my psp in 2005 summer. right now i have 2.71.
    the other night i flashed it with HEN-D.. i wanted to avoid downgrading and risk bricking my psp.
    i had succesfully put HEn-D on it.. but when i installed devhook.. i cant even see it in the mem stick option under GAMES.. i was frustrated after two hours so i just gave up lol
    the 'Dh' folder is in the mem stick.. the HEN-D installation went well, i followed all the isntructions as written in README.txt.. i saw the green screen/blue screen.

.. so why cant i see the DH under mem stick under GAMES?
    can someone please help me fix this..
    Thanks.

10. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

You should also update the guide for the custom firmware 3.10!.

11. 11
    Selius

Selius Loyal Member

for 2.71 standard firmware you say to download revision C, but the text file that comes with it says it needs revision b to run.

also your directions for 2.71 dont work for me. If i extract the directories just to the PSP folder, nothing gets placed in the photo section.

please say PSP directory or folder, not root, when talking about folder paths. it is easy to confuse someone with the terminology. I originally extracted everything to my MP_ROOT folder because I thought that's what I was supposed to do.

Actually, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do. I managed to get Devhook .4x to run once, and never again. After that it started saying game cannot be run, and on subsequent attempts after i formatted the memory stick, I can never get the damned devhook to install.

12. 0
    hit2hard

hit2hard Guest

Need Alot Of Help

:confused::confused:look im new to hackin psp and i like need help a **** load so please send me a step by ste guide on how to install/run/and how to do those things thank you!!!!!ROCK ON :cool::cool:

☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
     │▒│ /▒/
     │▒│/▒/
     │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
     │▒│▒|▒│▒│
    ┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘ ●●PeAcE●●
    │▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
    └┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
     └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

13. 0
    hit2hard

hit2hard Guest

Need Alot Of Help

S|-|!T forgot to put email adress and also need wb sites for programs ty:eek::D:rolleyes::mad::p;):cool::)

EMAIL: [email protected]

14. 9
    cjrenick

cjrenick Loyal Member

Great info!

15. 15
    dougiefresh

dougiefresh Loyal Member

Spot on - thank you.