hit tracker

DEX FIX Tutorial for Journey_Collectors_Edition_PS3-ZRY

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by ohnozeibricked, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 70
    ohnozeibricked

ohnozeibricked Loyal Member

This works with Journey_Collectors_Edition_PS3-ZRY

a bit long winded but definitely works (tested on 4.20 DEX)

1.Go to the folder PS3_EXTRA \ D002, unpack the DATA000.PKG file with pkgview.

2.Pack the extracted folder NPUA70218 with psn_package_npdrm with this package.conf

Content-ID = EP0002-NPUA70218_00-0000111122223333
    K_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
    DRM_Type = Free
    Content_Type = GameExec
    PackageVersion = 01.00

then install pkg on ps3.

3.Make the image as you would a normal dex image (there are tutorials for this everywhere so i will not reinvent the wheel) before you click build....

4.Tick the extra contents (new format) > Setup content Root > click File-Open > select PARAM.SFO file from PS3_EXTRA folder.

5.Go to Content Information Tab, and drag and drop all files (not folders) from PS3_Extra (delete greyed out ones) then click ok.

6.Go to Volume tab click Setup Content Items, then drag and drop pkg files from each of the D00X folders one by one (as you do each one right click and edit param. Then enter the General Parameter - Title(Default) which you can get from param.sfx in each folder ie in D000

<param key="TITLE" fmt="utf8" max_len="128">flOw</param>
    </paramsfo>

so you would enter flOw in the Title(Default)

drag and drop ICON2.PNG into Content Information Files Tab

do this with each of the folders pkg's.

7.Click build and make image as usual.

you can make a seperate pkg for the other content ie flow, flower etc just do the same as in step 1 with the other folders and modify the content id :)

have fun :)

2. 13
    herbert1234

herbert1234 Loyal Member

Does Journey also work this way? Wouldn't you need a retail update to make it work?

3. 70
    ohnozeibricked

This is for Journey ???? and no it does not need the retail update to make it work. The overall release is 4.21 but their are package installs within the release of the actual games. The Journey sfo is 3.70, so we just repack the same as a normal DEX update but we are making it an executable hence Content_Type = GameExec. Journey definitely works as i have done it :)

4. 13
    herbert1234

herbert1234 Loyal Member

Ah, so the whole process is done to make the game runnable for <4.21 firmwares, because such a firmware is not leaked?
    Well, then it would be obsolete, now, because 4.21 seems to have been leaked (ps3devwiki).

5. 70
    ohnozeibricked

there is still no retail update for it though, no retail update no worky :) so as of now it is not obsolete, when a retail update becomes available then it will :)

6. 13
    herbert1234

herbert1234 Loyal Member

Hm, then I am really not understanding how the fix functions (I do believe it works, I just want to know why). So, as far as I understand Journey is packaged as DATA000.PKG . This .pkg should be like any other retail package with a retail eboot. We then repackage it for installation on debugs and then it boots? But why? A retail eboot should not be able to boot on a DEX.

7. 70
    ohnozeibricked

Well from my limited understanding of it, ps3gen mounts the original disk & contents, the modified pkg in this instance DATA000.PKG (journey) acts as an update to the the original disk and contents, in the same way as other dex titles will only work with a modified update.

btw flow, flower also work as well :)

8. 17
    vikasnarula

vikasnarula Loyal Member

Ok.. the game run fine for first 4-5 min then it crash to xmb.

that above procedure do work, but game still need fix