hit tracker

Do not order from modchipsdirect . com

Discussion in '3DS Resellers & Services' started by ichi, Nov 9, 2013.

1. 12
    ichi

ichi Loyal Member

All this time spent trying to prove your case yet you have yet to contact me back to try to help with return or refund. Great customer support!

2. 390
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Yeah he even quoted you asking for return and evaded it entierly. Not sure exactly what he is trying to prove. He could have said "if you want to return, post it here and then send me an email when you send. You could also try xx brand SD card in the meantime and see if that helps."

What it looks like happened to me is you emailed him about return then emailed him about troubleshooting so he decided to go with the most recent email and disregard the prior. Looks like either miscommunication or he isn't making enough money off the cart or his business to be able to handle returns.

At any rate, looks like team Gateway needs to work on their defect rate a bit. From the looks of things on this forum opposed to what you find on other forums about regular (DS/DSi 3DS compatible) flash carts, the Gateway failure rate is rather high.

3. 12
    ichi

ichi Loyal Member

I agree completely. At first I actually requested a refund then the vendor replied with a troubleshooting information. We will see how this turns out. Until then hopefully this information helps potential buyers.

4. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

i have no problem with gateway, he test runs fine so maybe you should try to use another msd reader/writer, and try to forman to fat 32 1st, try panasonic sd formatter, try cleaning the contacts if that dont work , then try inserting the card with piece of a matchbook between the back of the card and the slot ,my dstwo hase contact issues sometimes since i bought it, but i still love the card and always get it to work with a little patients

5. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

Sorry but im going to side with the retailer here, it sounds more like someone who is so used to ds cards and obviously have a problem reading guides and tutorials, im guessing its more along the lines of "damn i ordered gateway but now the clones are here" if the card is passing the diagnostics.....its working, So either its I WANT REFUND SO I CAN BUY CLONE, or I DONT WANT HELP I JUST WANT REFUND, Im fairly sure its the first option as i have seen no request for a replacement which would be the obvious choice if they actually wanted a gateway card. why buy somthing find out its faulty, yet 90% of people manage it fine, and the other 8% need to follow tutorial better or get a clean dump to play, ive only seen one post about a card actually failing the diagnostics

if you genuinely believe its faulty request a replacement, unless you are just wanting to "go elsewhere"

6. 390
    realtimesave

Your opinion seems a bit bogus in that the buyer never stated that he was going to take the cash and buy a clone of a Gateway. Too many assumptions in your post man. All I saw him state was that he wants an address so he can get a refund on the order. It seems like the resellers of this device are a bit shifty over one sale when they supposedly are getting hundreds of sales or more. It is strange to me. At any rate, I'd count my blessings since these devices aren't suppose to be sold on the commercial market anyway. Better customer service would outweigh trying to talk the way out of making good on a transaction.

I have been reading that Mastercard won't allow people to buy these devices so the only choice now is Visa. And after some time apparantly there won't be any way to buy this stuff any more, sans bitcoin. If I was a reseller I'd be lucky what what I have got and not try to make waves.

7. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

i did say "im guessing" but common use logic if i went out and bought a car and the dealer is trying to help make sure im doing it right, and i just say no i want refund i want refund i want refund......does that not seem odd especially if just by chance another dealer opened up and undercut my price........so they don't want an exchange for a working one they just straight up want a refund without even trying to resolve the problem.........if every retailer just said "oh buy everything you like and bring it back once you find a cheaper retailer even if there is nothing wrong with it even though i can offer you a replacement if it is faulty"........WHY would they do that, i don't know any retailer that lets you just on a whim buy stuff then send it back despite no evidence of it being faulty, especially then the OP is asking for shipping costs back aswell......thats a sure fire way to go out of business............If the reseller is reading i suggest you give an address to recieve it back and test it yourself before giving any refunds, that and don't be offering return shipping fees for people who refuse to do trouble shooting or accept replacements :D

this all comes from experience of how shitty people are to businesses thinking they can just screw them over when they feel like and try to blackmail them into submission by posting crap on the internet.

8. 12
    ichi

ichi Loyal Member

This is all bogus. None of this is true. You can side where you want, regardless the retailer is still not responding to emails, not offering a return, not offering a replacement, and is no longer helping. If I was a potential customer and considering buying from this company I would not based on all of the aforementioned issues.

9. 12
    ichi

ichi Loyal Member

All this is bogus also. Why would any customer side with a retailer that does not offer returns? Businesses accept these issues as write downs. Your comments make me think you know the vendor in question.

10. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

well you will learn in life that patience is a virtue and trying to threaten you way to a resolution will usually backfire especially if you cant wait a day or 2 for a response

and we have already seen that the retailer did contact you but the fact you wouldn't even mention what sd card you are using just comes across dumb, im sorry if you are having difficulties and the card really is faulty but you have came across very rude and if i was running a buisness i wouldnt feel like responding to someone who is rude

while you wait for the retailer do decide how to go about your claim i recommend you get a new SD card and a diffrent computer to install the game from, as from the sounds of it its a SD card error especially if the led was showing up red at anypoint during the test read that indicates slow reading from sd slot

hope that helps and sorry if i offended you but my opinion is my opinion and from the hole thing it seemed like cry baby tactics to get the exact response you wanted faster

11. 390
    realtimesave

This is almost amusing since nobody seemed to notice that the vendor came on this forum and spewed out private email conversation without his acknowledgement. I wouldn't trust or buy from a site that does that. Shoot, back in the day TWK used to pull that shit on me on irc and I never bought from him.

Btw name calling at this guy will never get you anywhere in life. I wouldn't stoop that low at anyone on this forum. I have seen it done on other forums, it is bad practice. Let us not forget that we aren't on gbatemp. This site is more mature.

12. 58
    Jacob Fliss

Jacob Fliss Loyal Member

I agree, putting a private email conversation on this forum is not professional. But, I do understand the point he is trying to make. Basically he is saying, he was trying to help this customer and being polite as any business associate would do, and the customer decided it was better to advertise how bad the company is almost out of no where and tell the employee at the same time that he did it.

If I were the business, what I would have done is spoken with ps3crunch.net and see if they could remove or lock this thread instead of responding to it. I do not think the response helped.

That's just my opinion.

13. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

whilst i disagree with them sharing the email i can see why someone is slating them saying this site is crap scammers they dont offer refunds is childish considering this is one day into the "issues" and at no point did they actually say F*** off we arnt helping they appeared to be trying to resolve the issue when he started a smear campain because they didnt just say "oh you have an issue that means its definately faulty, have a refund" there is many people having issues and having them resolved by doing the necessary steps involved to trouble shoot their problem, also i havn't actually called anyone names i said doing certain things comes across as dumb......which it does what does it matter if he says what sd card he is using, withholding information that could be the cause of his problems in my opinion is dumb.

i have no affiliation to anyone i would imagine that most people would prefer to have an issue resolved than just bury their head in the sand and think it will go away unless of course the buyer has given up on the whole flashcard idea in which case it may be for the the best if information that is plainly on the gateway website i.e 1 game per sd card is hard to understand, i think he should consider actually reading up about stuff he is buying and make an informed educated decision before buying stuff in future

14. 12
    ichi

ichi Loyal Member

The quantity of time experiencing issues should not matter when a customer wants to return an item. In essence this proves my point.

If you are a cautious person that does not want to just give $80 dollars away on a product that has issues and you do not want to purchase from vendors that offer half way support, post email conversations online, claim they want to help but then do not, offer a replacement then do not supply replacement process information, and have no return policy, then this information should prove helpful to you.

15. 3
    Modchipsdirect

Modchipsdirect Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.modchipsdirect.com
    We blanked out all personal information, so what is so bad about sharing an email?
    I am sorry, but if some is on a hate campaign to cause us finical harm then people reading the thread deserve to know the truth.

Customer got a product that might be faulty
    We try to troubleshoot before return
    Customer gets upset that we didn't email him back in 3 hours or so
    Customer posts on a forum telling everyone to never order from us again.

That is all there is to it.
    I help sponsor the website, so I can get this thread removed, could have got it removed ages ago before no one saw it. But what is the point in that.
    I would think that any sane person would realize that we didn't do anything wrong. If you want to return the goods before troubleshooting and its not faulty, then you are going to have to pay for shipping back. Then you would complain about that. With some customers, we are going to be the villains regardless of the situation with statements like "And if you cannot continue with a process you started on a Saturday i.e. troubleshooting or answering my question directly about a return then don't start the process of communication. "

16. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Meh, relax modchipsdirect. This sorta thing happens all the time in this forum.
    I for one do enjoy your website as I got my gateway WAAY before your estimated delivery date.

17. 58
    Jacob Fliss

Jacob Fliss Loyal Member

I will still be purchasing from ModChipsDirect regardless. Their service, shipping speed and prices can't be beat!

I'm sure if the chip diagnostics came back negative, they would refund him the money.

18. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

If I was Modchipsdirect, I would have told you to take a hike the moment you posted this BS here.

You reported an issue and he was providing very timely support and because he went and had breakfast or whatever, you start an all out smear campaign because you did not get a response in a 3 hour window? You sir are psycho and I pity any company that has to deal with you.

I also don't blame modchips for posting the email chain. The OP opened up this can of worms, he gets what he deserves. Lets get 1 thing straight, just because you are a customer does not mean you get to make shit up about a company, badmouth them, shouting as loud as you can from the highest mountaintop so that everyone can hear, without said company being able to defend themselves.

19. 390
    realtimesave

Might as well have them delete this thread then if that makes it more fair practice in some way. I don't see this thread going anywhere. People siding with a seller whom apparantly isn't giving address to the guy to send it back. Actually I haven't even looked at the web site to see if that is an option (it might not be and that is probably where all this started). At any rate, it appears to just be another one of those things.. there's no rules in piracy. I had been involved a little in the scene a long time ago and could always clearly see that. People can be quite difficult especially when directly dealing with the sale and/or duplication of the software. Although Bung seemed to have a pretty good track record for repairing and shipping back their broken junk (yeah I said it junk, ever open up one of their copiers? Looks like someone flunked out of electronics engineering school sometimes).

And I find this a little puzzling, too, because we are talking about a rather small device which isn't that difficult ( / expensive ) to transit rather than a much larger full out snes backup with floppy disk (and possibly cdrom addon). This isn't really difficult to stick back in an envelope and send places.

Anyway as I said before, if the customer's satisfaction isn't important then why do places even have satisfaction policies on this stuff? None of you guys really have to. I mean we aren't dealing with legit hardware here anyway. And hence why mastercard and paypal don't want to deal with this stuff. They call this stuff "grey area" which is pretty much black market goods. And there's really no way to contact the parent company for support either for replacement, service, or help. It's going to get to the point where you're pretty much on your own with each order since the methods of payment are getting clear down to flat out WU or bank transfer, not even guaranteed that a vendor will ship that way.

Just my thoughts on it. I have been into this stuff for a number of years and this is pretty much the first time I have seen an issue with flash carts. However I remember people bitching and moaning about modchipman "RoT" and the like. I never had an issue with that fella but he was a shady individual from the get go anyway. If these were < $20 most of the time people wouldn't even bother to complain if it doesn't work. When it gets over the $50 mark then people want to get their money worth.

Actually I did order once from UpstateGames (Upstate New York I think they got sued eventually and shut down but that I am not sure about, google is my friend though). I bought a MGD3 from them (those whom don't know what that is, need not continue reading becase you are too young :) And it didn't work so I shipped it back and he sent me a working one. I still have it, it still works. Sun faded the crap out of the plastic but the circuitry is fine. Come to think of it veering a little off topic, I chatted with the owner of Lik-Sang and he wouldn't tell me if Bung was releasing a 64M cart and all he did was give me this run around about "who told you that?" he knew. he just wanted to sell off his remaining 16M stuff to lamers. I ended up buying one from UpstateGames instead. And later bought another MrFlash 64M from a site that still exists today. So yeah I've been around and yeah I know "who cares" that is all the pirate people amount to saying. heh.

20. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

The seller was working with the guy to do some trouble-shooting prior to doing a return and when the seller didn't respond fast enough with 1 answer, the buyer wiggs out and starts openly bashing him on a public forum. Had the buyer just worked with the seller and did the trouble-shooting, I'm sure modchips would have been more than happy to accept the return.

However we are beyond that point now. Though keep in mind that the seller still has not said he would not accept a return, however, if it were me, at this point, the buyer would be completely on his own and I would totally ignore any communication from him. Consumers don't get to mistreat companies and then as well get to expect service from those companies. This should not be a shock to the buyer.