hit tracker

Does the Nintendo 2ds work with gateway Ultra 3.4.1?

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by gwmew, Sep 18, 2015.

1. 4
    gwmew

gwmew Loyal Member

I just bought a new nintendo 2ds and I was going to buy a gateway flashcart but I was worried that the roms don't work as well on a nintendo 2ds.

I heard people have been getting fragmentation error and I wanted to know if this has been resolved yet with the latest update?
    reference links:
    http://3ds-flashcard.com/blog/dose-the-gateway-3ds-works-perfectly-on-2ds/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-0-and-the-2ds-broken-and-unusable.378246/

If this is still the case should I sell the still unopened new 2ds and buy a used 3ds instead?
    I was going to buy a sandisk 64GB class 10 micro sd card with it.

Thanks for your help guys!

2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Gateway works with the 2DS, but it's not as reliable as it is when using an O3DS or a N3DS console. If you are paranoid, you can buy a 3DS instead, but if your 2DS has exploitable firmware (6.0-9.2) and a working browser (the number in front of your region letter has to be above 0, e.g. 9.0.0-22U), it will work. Some people have problems loading roms with the Gateway card and need to install them as CIA.

If you want to stay with your 2DS, I would recommend using rxTools and CIA files instead of using Gateway for now. But in my opinion, even the old 3DS's 3D feature is much better than the 2DS (as this console doesn't have a 3D screen). So I would recommend to buy a used 3DS with exploitable firmware and Gateway, but that's just my two cents :)

3. 4
    gwmew

gwmew Loyal Member

Is there a video tutorial for installing rxTools and CIA files with a 2DS? I've never done this before

4. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

You can try to find any video tutorials online but most often than not, they're not updated.
    What I would recommend is checking the rxTools' official thread and ask there for updated instruction since right now the latest version is still Beta.
    Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782

5. 4
    gwmew

gwmew Loyal Member

Thanks makikatze, i verified that rxtools with firmware version 6.0.0 works with cia files to play 3ds games. For my next challenge I'd like to find a way to play nds roms. Does anyone know of a way to do this? can you convert nds roms to CIA?

Thanks in advance

6. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Nope. You'll need a DS flashcart.