hit tracker

dual booting cfw and noncfw without pandora?

Discussion in 'PSP Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by No Name Trowa B, Jul 15, 2010.

1. 549
    No Name Trowa B

No Name Trowa B Loyal Member

any way to do it... i am tired of having to reflash just to play dreamy theature on my ps3

2. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

http://www.bbtgp.net/downloads/IplInstaller_630.zip - Requires pandora... there is no way to dual boot at all without it and there never will be, as doing so would require legitimately signed and encrypted code, which means we'd have to break the KIRK cipher engine... not happening.

3. 231
    xxsnipexx

xxsnipexx Loyal Member

No Occupation
    Home Page:
    http://www.unigaming.net
    ****, bbtgp should just reverse TM and update it >.>

4. 172
    lusid

lusid Loyal Member

That would be awesome. tmctrl500.prx needs some attention.

5. 1,498
    Dany23

Dany23 Loyal Member

Montreal, Canada (and proud to be Hungarian :P )
    is this working???

i just tried it and i got black screen upon rebooting the psp. i had to use my pandora and XGEN to reinstall 5.50GEN-D3. And i have a 2000 slim psp? when it asks for the ipl, do i choose custom ipl or factory ipl? there is no readme in the package :(

6. 53
    coyotebean

coyotebean Loyal Member

I believe bbtgp's tool mod the OFW ipl so that it can boot the slim when service mode is active so that you don't need to switch to a normal battery to boot OFW. i.e. You can boot to DC8 (e.g. to test 5.00M33) and OFW from NAND without the need to change battery.

7. 549
    No Name Trowa B

can you tell me more about bbtgps tool? like a link to more information?

8. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

Why don't you go and PM him about it on lan.st...

9. 53
    coyotebean

coyotebean Loyal Member

DC8 can always be boot from MS (with pandora compatible PSP) using pandora, regardless of what firmware is in nand.

OFW can always be boot from nand using a normal battery.

10. 53
    coyotebean

coyotebean Loyal Member

That's what bbtgp's installer does, to install a custom ipl in the nand to workaround the issue of OFW and pandora battery on the slim.

11. 549
    No Name Trowa B

but you still need a pandora... is there any way to add dual boot into the holding R during boot recovery menu?

12. 1,498
    Dany23

Dany23 Loyal Member

Montreal, Canada (and proud to be Hungarian :P )
    I finally got it working, but i ended up with 5.00 M33-4 on the memory stick (Test M33) and ofw 6.30 on the nand. 5.00M33-4 is pretty old for me, so i went back to 5.50 Prometheus v4

13. 33
    SifJar

SifJar Loyal Member

Why can't you dual boot without pandora? As I understand it, dual booting requires a multi-boot IPL, such as the Time Machine IPL, which allows you to boot several firmwares from MS, as well as have whatever firmware you want on NAND. Why can't you just install the TM IPL to NAND, and dual boot without a Pandora battery? Obviously it is possible to flash custom IPLs to NAND, as thats what allows CFW to work at all, and it can't be to do with signing, as an IPL on the MS needs to be signed the same as an IPL on NAND, otherwise we'd have Pandora on ta88v3 slims...So why can't you just install the TM IPL on NAND, and have e.g. latest OFW on NAND and some other firmware on MS? I'm sure there is an obvious explanation, but if someone could tell me it, that'd be great.