hit tracker

E3 Flasher by Team E3DIY - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Aug 21, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Aug 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM
  1. 25,361
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Well I knew it would not be long before we started to see Round #2 of the "Clone Wars", just like we did a year ago when PS Jailbreak first hit the market, soon afterwards the various other chip makers jumped into the frying pan.

Now we been having all this ProgSkeet news, and great progress with people dumping NOR's, and Downgrading, and even Dual-Booting, by swaping HDD's and re-flashing.

Well entering the PS3 battle arena now is the good old Team E3DIY, they have produced good products before, like the E3 Reader which was many steps ahead of the no-name Clones, and bought to the table last many new features, even the first USB-Downgrader solution, during the early days of Factory/Service JIG information, which sadly shortly blocked with that famous v3.56 firmware release!

[​IMG]

Here is the email that our friends over at PS3Hax got today from Team E3DIY which outlines the features they are planning:

The features above look amazing, first off it has its own NOR flash on-board, so that means doing something like FAST-SWAP would be ten times easier. -- Second the downgrading/dual-boot, might be all done via the device, once it is in place, you press a button and it reads, copys, and downgrades, and writes back to its own NOR. -- Time will only tell, how this installs inside your PS3, and does it need a PC also? -- Is it solderless, or easier to solder? -- The cost? -- The date it will be available? -- Alot of questions, but so far it is looking like a solid PS3 solution!

NEWS SOURCE http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/e3-flasher-ps3-flasher-by-team-e3diy-coming-soon/

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Aug 21, 2011.

1. 833
      master737373

master737373 Press Buttons :D Loyal Member

None
      Hmm, it's own bios.

2. 41
      Redblade20XX

Redblade20XX Loyal Member

lol There's so many of these now but this is a great pitch so far. So many choices! :victorious:

3. 229
      Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

And I remember people saying that DUAL CFW/OFW was impossible by some ''respected'' devs (If I recall). Clearly, things are going good on the PS3 SCENE!

4. 21
      uf6667

uf6667 Loyal Member

you recall wrong, it does work and an addon is coming for progskeet :) need to change something special in regards to vflash ;)

5. 1
      iazybandit

iazybandit Loyal Member

6. 318
      Pockets69

Pockets69 Loyal Member

Student (university)
      Home Page:
      http://www.PS3hax.net
      well this is all nice and dandy XD but yeah i ll stick with progskeet, i mean that is made by the scene from the scene :) not by money craving whores

7. 25,361
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      And solid direct support from the developers. -- Talking ProgSkeet. -- Sadly E3 will sell, because it just more towards the 'noobie', the masses, that just wants to play their 'backups', that is if they come up with something, but anything they do release really is just 'taken' from the 'scene'

8. 0
      JLM

JLM Guest

When dospiedras1973, psicoleo and uf6667 released the 3.70 downgrade, I was wondering if we could use something like their pup hex editing program (METLDR: offset“810″ size “E960″
      BOOTLOADER_0 Offset“FC0000″ size “40000″
      EID: Offset “2F000″ size “10000″
      CISD: Offset“3F000″ size “800″)

in combination with usbfirmloader to enable using more firmwares without having to upgrade and downgrade.

Won't the E3 work like usbfirmloader, just load its firmware from the usb?

9. 7
      cboushell

cboushell Loyal Member

Sort of offended....

Just because I lack the soldering skills for progskeet that makes me a "noobie" who is only looking for the ability to run backups?? Get over yourself and your soldering skills, if you do have them. Just because I lack the ability to do a highly technical/ tightly spaced soldering job doesn't mean that all I am looking for is the ability to run backups. I've got a fat PS3 that is only used for the showtime/ watchTV app/ plugin and an OFW slim that is only used for netflix. Before you go around lumping masses of people into large groups you should put a bit of thought into what you are about to say. The last thing either of my PS3s are used for is gaming, unfortunately I have lost interest in all games other than LBP and Katamari. You being a mod on this site should know better, as I follow your posts herre as well as on other sites.

Chad

10. 25,361
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      I was NOT directly talking about you, I was saying in general (marketing-wise) the E3 will sell better and more, as the major market is sadly for those only looking for a cheap way to be ONLINE and still have their 'backup's, hince the dual-boot, 1push-button, no need for PC, etc. -- That is the direction that E3 is aiming for.

Whereas the Progskeet is more geared towards people like yourself that want to be able to do more, flash anything they wish, not just for downgrading and dual-booting.

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. -- But as for soldering skills, the ProgSkeet is coming soon with an solderless clip also, and we have no idea yet how the E3 connects to the PS3 and what skills it needs.

11. 0
      JLM

JLM Guest

@ cboushell, maybe give GaryOPA the benefit of the doubt, he is probably at a wild party and looking at this on a littile tiny screen and using who knows what kind of "keyboard" to type on, so he maybe not always explaining his complete feelings in his post. If you knew him, you would know he is a nice guy.
      ON TOPIC
      "3 save MODE, save bios to E3 nor flash, TF card or PC ."

I guess usb solution except for those already on 3.70; they need nor flash add on. This is still pretty cool (no disrespect to the guys that they ripped off to make goldfinger).

12. 318
      Pockets69

Pockets69 Loyal Member

Student (university)
      Home Page:
      http://www.PS3hax.net
      i don't know why did you feel offended, if you don't fall on those categories it wasn't obviously towards you, also GaryOPA is not a mod he is the admin :)

13. 72
      Ant Davis

Ant Davis Loyal Member

s
      To be honest, I originally thought about saying something along the lines of what cboushell said when I read Gary's post, but:

1. I would definitely have said it in a much friendlier and more respectful tone, especially considering the work Gary puts into providing this information for us in a drama-free/flame-war-free forum.

2. I know from my limited time reading Gary's posts on "the other site" and here that he probably didn't mean it that way. I will admit that if I had no idea who Gary was I would have interpreted it like cboushell did, but that wasn't the case here.

And to remove any doubt, Gary, you clarified what you meant perfectly in the following post. Thanks!

14. 28
      comman

comman Loyal Member

good news and I would buy from lightake again!