hit tracker

EA: Console price cuts were too late

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 9, 2010.

By Zeus on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:48 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    The CEO of Electronic Arts has suggested that he major console platforms took too long to cut the prices of their consoles. He noted that the market was 'soft' due to their ineffective timing of price cuts. Fair?

News Source: <A href="http://seekingalpha.com/article/187400-electronic-arts-inc-f3q10-qtr-end-31-12-09-earnings-call-transcript?page=1" target="_Blank">SeekingAlpha</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 9, 2010.

1. 633
      sengoku

sengoku Loyal Member

Wow!! This guy at EA really talks a lot, he has been comment on everything this past week and all of his talk sounds a little to cocky to me,
      to be frank any who, price cut's are always to late aren't they??
      if you ask me EA should start slashing price now while i'm still thinking about there buying one of there product, i't would surely help sell more wouldn't it?? but then again maybe they need to make a profit as well??
      i don't see them slashing price on any product prematurely so why comment that other company's should do it instead :confused:

2. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

Does he realize that Sony are still losing money on PS3s? Sure, Nintendo could afford to cut costs on the Wii, but why would they? They're having no problems selling them at their current price.

3. 711
      trancehead

trancehead Loyal Member

Laboratory Technician
      meh, at the end of the day, who cares what some company who rarely makes a good game thinks

4. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I agree with him but there are a lot of things that influence a price cut happening, Sony couldn't (but at least made interesting bundles to help), Nintendo shouldn't (why cut price on something that sells like that?) and Microsoft has been discounting.

5. 304
      switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
      Wasn't it also stated somewhere that EA makes games that people don't want? That could be one reason why they aren't selling the number of games that they want.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    6. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Yeah. I am with you. Thought in their home. Fifa 10 = 80€= 110$.:mad:

Ea cut your game of sh*t.

7. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

Well the price cut ball was in Nintendo's court from the get go. Sony had no choice, but to keep nudging the prices down slowly. During the first year of the PS3's launch, Microsoft could have always executed price cuts to undermine Sony's console... if it were not for the expenses generated by covering RROD for three years.

8. 3,170
      kcvfr400

kcvfr400 Loyal Member

I suggest that if EA were quicker off the blocks with decent games this gen then maybe more consoles would have sold quicker. Yes the 3 console makers needed to be cheaper quicker and more transparent while your at it with true costs. But most adopt a machine on game content as much as price and early EA games were poor on the 360 then ported poorly to ps3.

Its only the bolder moves like mirrors edge that starts to make you look at what EA are doing this gen and makes your wonder whats possible rather than the next FIFA or need for speed that you can still get for your last gen machine.