hit tracker

EA faces 3rd Battlefield 4 related lawsuit

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 21, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:57 AM
  1. 25,697
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    This time from law firm Brower Piven.

A third law firm has now come out with a new class action lawsuit against Electronic Arts over Battlefield 4...

[​IMG]

Yet more problems for EA...

Another law firm is looking for Electronic Arts shareholders who could participate in a class-action lawsuit against the company, alleging that they violated U.S. securities laws by giving false impressions of the quality of Battlefield 4 prior to its release.

Here's the report:

NEWS SOURCE #1: EA Shareholders Battlefield 4 third law firm (via) PolyGon
    NEWS SOURCE #2: EA Faces 3rd Battlefield 4 related lawsuit from Brower Piven (via) GamerAnX

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

gDrive and rednekcowboy like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 21, 2013.

1. 1,287
      Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      Give me a break. Every company has development problems. Every company hypes their games and thinks they will be the biggest thing since sliced bread. Nothing new here.

The more this crap keeps coming out, the more it seems the stock holders and all the lawyers are all just a bunch of ignorant whiny entitlement c**t muffins.

I wonder... If you can sue a company because their stock does poorly, can you sue a lawyer for losing? Wonder if all these vulture lawyers would be so quick to jump into matters like this if they could be.

rednekcowboy and Battlefield like this.
    2. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      I agree, but the games is getting worse and worse with bugs. Its about time someone do little about it.

If this continues, they will sooner or later sell 3 levels on day 1, and you get the rest of the game when its developed.

gDrive and rednekcowboy like this.
    3. 556
      Z3R0B4NG

Z3R0B4NG Loyal Member

[​IMG]

gDrive likes this.
    4. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Class action for these bullsh*t isn't right, but see Ea in trouble...WOW. F*ck yes.

5. 4,102
      gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
      http://techbliss.org
      Forget EA - I like to see Activision get sued for producing copy-pasta faux-"different" annual crapfests that is *** on Booty! :p

6. 501
      Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

COD is horrible. I don't see how people think it's "a new game" year after year....

as for BF4....I snagged it on ps4. it was actually very bad.

The game crashed every 20 mins. Often a crash would result in a corrupt save and i'd have to start over.

I had to wait a while until a patch came out that made the game playable. literally.

as for the people defending buggy games..... you are really going to sit there and say it's perfectly fine for companies to push out unfinished games with KNOWN problems, just because "we can patch it later".

it's the "we can patch it later" mentality that will be the plague of this gen.

how many nes, snes, n64, master system, genesis, saturn, dreamcast games needed a patch to be playable?

NONE.

They tested games to the fullest. pushed out a product when it was ready. Now we get spoon fed rushed untested garbage because they can just "fix it later".

7. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I agree with everything you said!!!

Hate patching....

8. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      It took like 2 months after BF 3 release until it was possible to finish single player without the game locking up.
      The game had serios issues with disc validating, and it took a long time until EA fixed that.

Its not fun to buy new games anymore due to bugs. Since the games is buggy, they aren't worth more than 25% of its price.

Nintendo games on Wii U is still play tested before they get in shops, so they don't get a shitstorm when a game is released.

Super Mario 3D World? Have anyone even written about a bug in that game?