hit tracker

EA in the running for 'America's Worst Company' for 3rd year

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 14, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Jan 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM
  1. 25,644
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Says so the Consumerist.

Consumerist says there's strong support for the 'Golden Poo' trophy to once again go to Electronic Arts.

[​IMG]

Is EA Due For A Third Worst Company In America Crown? Well, Consumerist says there's an strong chance that the "Golden Poo" trophy go to them once again.

According to the site, on-going performance issues impacting Battlefield 4 and the company's reversal of its online-only stance for SimCity may see the publisher once again claim the award.

EA is the only company to have won the Consumerist award twice. Here is the site's article:

Voting for "Worst Company in America" tournament will start in early April.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Is EA due for third worst company in America Crown (via) Consumerist
    NEWS SOURCE #2: EA in the running for America's worst company for third year (via) GamerAnX

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 93
      grolly

grolly Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      it`s kinda sad in a way but at the same time they deserve it LOL
      i remember the days when electronic arts meant something,yeah was a very long time ago LOL
      i`m thinking megadrive and road rash :love-heart: now that is fond memories :tickled_pink:

Artlover and JonathanD like this.
    2. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      i'm supporting them to threepeat.

lets not forget the recent battlefield 4 fiasco where they clearly announced that if you preordered or bought the more expensive limited edition version that the included china rising map pack would be upgraded along with the game if you decided to buy the special upgrade versions on ps4 or xbone as a way to ensure people didn't avoid buying the last gen version on launch whilst waiting for the ps4 and xbone launches then once people bought it and upgraded told them to fuck off if they thought they were getting it, unless of course they paid an additional fee to buy "premium".

dirty, lying cheating scumbags i really do hope that when (not if) they win again consumerist will deliver it to ea hq fastened to the business end of a cruise missile whilst a board meeting is taking place.

JonathanD likes this.
    3. 25,644
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Well if you going to be WORSE at something, you might as well be BEST at being BAD! :)

JonathanD likes this.
    4. 1,626
      Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

I want to vote. Where can I vote? Vote 4 poo.

JonathanD and Xenogears V like this.
    5. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:

you'll need an american ip and keep looking at the consumerist website, they only open voting for an hour or so for each "contest" at present contenders have yet to be announced so no voting just yet.

JonathanD likes this.
    6. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

What's even sadder is EA is probably putting those awards on a pedestal. They are likely gloating over it because they are laughing at you and me all the way to the bank.

JonathanD likes this.
    7. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

[email protected] is the worse company in the world, not only in America. It was the first company to introduce online pass to second hand game.

8. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      nope, that would be sony

several of the greediest scumbags decided to try ripping off gamers with the "project $10" (or should that be "profit $10"?) idea that ea had put forward but the first game to use it was socom fireteam bravo 3 on psp which charged preowned buyers or multiple psp owners $20 to get it running on their machines, despite that (or most likely because of it) the servers were closed just over 2 years after launch.

as it stands now almost all companies have withdrawn them with a few nasty exceptions, codemasters continues to use them despite having to shutter most of its development, warners still paywalls content in some of its games and of course sony did its best to completely kill the vita by making them standard on just about every vita title they published, strangely its also sony that has completely banned their use on the ps4 although of course there are other drm systems available to any publisher brave (and greedy) enough to have one last try to piss off customers.

9. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      I would have helped EA to win this award if i could. :)
      They really deserve to win, because of the wonderful thing they did with BF 4, Sim City etc.

Lets not forget how kind EA was to VITA users. They renamed FIFA 13 to 14, and re-sold it as a full price game. How sweet of EA to do so much effort on a brand new release.

Thanks to EA for not releasing their copy and paste showelware on Wii U.

EA really did so much good, and there is no words to describe how much they deserve this prestigious award.

I would really have given EA 2 thumbs up their ass, but then they would become greasy. So, no thanks.

JonathanD likes this.
    10. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      you should have seen the psp version of fifa 14, it was ffa 12 AGAIN.

Battlefield likes this.
    11. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I loved Road Rash... Still praying that at least one more good game comes out in the franchise before things go completely south. (Last good one in my mind was the 3DO or PS1 or Saturn version (I think that's all the versions of it?) I have only played the 3DO and PS1 version's, and no I am not talking about Road Rash 3D for the PS1. lol)

Other than that one game, I pretty much refuse to buy any EA games. (kinda easy when you have zero interest in Sports games or FPS shooters.)

I missed out on the MegaDrive (Genesis here.) versions of Road Rash, I mean my friend had part 2 and I played it his house and I rented a Genesis and Part 1 when those where brand new... (God I feel old...) and I remember playing until my eyes burned and the sun was well up, I think me and my friend passed out with the game on.

Thanks to good emulation I have played them a good bit and enjoyed them immensely.

EA punishes me with it's refusal to make more Road Rash and those teaser video's of the new game engine looked amazing :( (I think it may have been canceled?)

12. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

You've got to be kidding me. Name any oil, pharmaceutical, or insurance company, and you're going to find a worse company than EA is. Those industries damage the well-being of everyone around them, while demanding cash for the necessary products they supply.

EA just makes games. Awful, shameless games, but it's pretty easy to get around in life without games.

All that said, EA does deserve to win again, because they are so overt about their ills that they need as many repeated slaps as it will take for them to fall back in line and not be so bad.

13. 501
      Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

Thanks to a relatives employee discount, I got BF4 on the ps4's launch .... Knowing there would more than likely be problems.

In the first 2 weeks, the game would crash non stop - right back to the ps4's main menu, i'd submit an error report, restart - BAMMO, corrupt save file!

It corrupted 6 saves.... 6!!!!!!! ALL because if it crashing randomly. Not because I shut down the game mid save, or shut down the system.....

It took WEEKS for it to be somewhat playable, I finished it, sold it.

I hadn't bought an EA game in years, and this reinforced that reason as to why. Last EA purchase ever for me...

14. 1,232
      Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

Electronic Amateurs Don't deserve any award of any kind, it makes them feel that they are at least recognized. Anyone else enjoying their sad but expected entry into the Xb1 world?

Artlover likes this.
    15. 1,287
      Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      You mean back when their logo was....

[​IMG]

Neuromancer, Battle Chess, Pinball Construction Set.... yeah, good times. :)

16. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      ahh yes, Archon, M.u.l.e, Hard hat mack and worms were the original 4 later followed by the likes of murder on the zinderneuf, racing destruction set and the ones you mentioned.

where did it all go so horribly wrong?