hit tracker

easier way to get in gateway mode and no need for network access

Discussion in 'A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion' started by Zizal, Jan 9, 2018.

1. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi,

the SD would stay in the 3ds.
    Only to make the math.
    The backup of the nand will take round a bound 2gb. That's the same size the full emunand will take apart. If you really don't have games installed you can go one.

What if you go on and decides to upgrade the SD later? Well if you want to keep your miis, your puzzle and so on you need to extract the emunand as backup, format as written the new one and just inject the backup. If you haven't done any progress you want to keep. Just format the new one. And in all cases copy all the content from the one to the other.

It's not the World. So its up to you.

I have build the tut on your actual state, so nothing to regret or repeat *thumbs-up *

2. 3
    lic72

lic72 Loyal Member

Hi, since it looks like the go.gateway-3ds.com is definitely dead, can someone be so kind to guide me to a viable alternative to acces my gateway emunand?

TIA,
    Br.

3. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Read the last page and use instead of mset the soundhax. Here

4. 3
    lic72

lic72 Loyal Member

thx sweatbox, but i'm not sure i've understood your pointing to the page for installing a cfw; i have a stock v6 version and v11.2 emuNAND; so i do suppose i need to follow this link,right:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax)

or am i missing something since i was looking for something more intuitive.

TIA,
    Br.

5. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Yeah, you have to follow the guide.
    But don't move the emunand to sysnand. Skip this part. Get from the first page the gateway payload and what you get is

B9S with Luma for sysnand - keep it as you want on v6 or update it. Doesn't metter.

And on boot you can hold the d pad to instant boot into gateway emunand 11.2

6. 53
    ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

sweatbox,,, You are awesome! I just chimed ni to tell you that I used all your info here and well.... You are my new BFF. Thank yoU!

sweatbox likes this.