hit tracker

[EASY] How to install and Play PSP Remaster PKG on the Cobra ODE

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Joonie86, Apr 3, 2014.

1. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    [Tutorial] Play PSP Remaster PKG on the Cobra ODE

[​IMG]

Hi this is Joonie, today I want to introduce this tutorial to show you how to play PSP games on PS3

About a year ago, this method was discovered by the well known developer "zecoxao" and since then all the scenes got hyped and as a result, lots of great tools were developed, but sadly, due to the its compatibility issue with games, lot of people have lost interested in doing this. I personally confirmed this PSP remaster work on OFW by data transfer from CFW to OFW,
    But at that time, I did not have ODE and Cobra ODE was still in developing stage, so probably because of that, people have forgotten about this PSP Remaster conversion. So today, I'd like to bring it back here so hopefully it helps some people who really want to play PSP games on PS3.

First of all I would like to send my thanks to everyone that contributed to this forum as it has taught a lot on the topic and I doubt I could have done this without them!

Thanks to zecoxao, deank, Orion, gamesonic.it, szczuru, doobz, sandungas, pshomebrew.net, ps3repack.com, psx-scene.com, ps3hax.net, Team cobra & aldo vargas.

Requirement :

1. Sonicman ODE v1.01
    2. PSP to PS3 Conversion tool
    I use Aldostools' PSP2PS3 2.1.2 "mod" updated on 2013-05-09!
    Based on the awesome scripts created by szczuru, and the tools created by Pink1, arnold (swapperneger), zecoxao, tpu, doobz, sandungas among others devs. This "mod" tries to streamline the process of conversion of PKG/ISO/CSO/PBP to PSP package for PS3. Latest versions include a GUI and improved compatibility.

3. Compatible PSP Game ISO files for PS3

PSP to PS3 conversion's compatibility is not really good, probably as much as PSN Game to ISO,
    which means I'd say 50% of the chance you may get it to work.
    Before you begin, you could look at compatibility list

Here is the link of PSP to PS3 Compatibility list
    http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273216-PSP-to-PS3-Compatibility-Thread-(Mini-eboot-fix-amp-remaster-method)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AowGG2G1KRsgdHg5aDJUTnZ2bGR0NEZhMS1xekVXWGc#gid=0

4. FAT32 Formatted USB Stick or HDD [Big enough to contain PSP PKG Games minimum 2GB
    5. Cobra ODE

How to :

Step 1 :
    PSP iso to PS3's remaster PKG Conversion

For this example i will use the following :

GAME ISO : Parasite Eve : The 3rd birthday
    Disc ID: ULES-01513
    Unpacked size: 1.36GB
    Image Format: .ISO

[​IMG]

Drag the ISO file to the file Path and it will automatically process and fix ISO file properly for Conversion,
    In the middle of the process it will ask if you want to fix EBOOT, MINIS2,EDAT and such,
    Just click "YES" so it will continue.

Soon you will see this screen below

[​IMG]

Then lick "MAKE PKG" and it will start process.

As soon as you're done, you'l see the message saying "Process finished"

and then find the where the result is by clicking black folder icon and open the results folder

[​IMG]

Copy the pkg file to External USB FAT32 HDD or STICK, and plug it to PS3's front USB ports.

Then launch the SonicMAN ODE.
    You DO NOT have to change your Cobra.cfg setting to make it as default setting, you can just put that manager.iso
    file inside PS3_GAMES folder on your NTFS HDD for ODE.

Step 2 :

Launching SonicMAN ODE and Install the pkg.

this multiMAN fork called SonicMAN ODE has pkg install feature, and it does not matter if the PKG file is repacked or not,
    It can unpack the PKG file without going thru PS3's signature check, and gets registered inside the system so you do not have to put your system on Recovery mode and data rebuild like old way, it's really easy to install pkg just click and go.

*A little tip for DLC install
    I know it's off topic, but it is very useful tip for people who want to install DLC pkgs as well other than PSP pkgs
    With the same method, you can install DLC pkgs too, but since it unpacks everything from the package including PARAM.SFO, you may eventually face the issue with the particular game you want to play, so the best way to do is, if it is possible, after the installation of DLC pkg, manually install game update at the very last, so that way you can overwrite the PARAM.SFO over DLC's

[​IMG]

Selec the SonicMAN ODE from the browser and mount, then launch it!

[​IMG]

Open the File Manager

[​IMG]

Click the dev_usb00X [the number depends on which port you use from [S3]

[​IMG]

Find the package and double click

[​IMG]

Click Ok to unpack the package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As soon as you're done exit to XMB

If the game doesn't appear right away, try to eject the disk and mount any PS3 games on ODE Browser,

As soon as the game is mounted, it will refresh the system and PSP game will apear.

Once it's appeared, you don't need to use SonicMAN ODE anymore,

it's permanent like homebrew, you don't need bootdisc or SonicMAN to launch it.

If you use Superslim PS3 and enabled 4.55 bypass, whenever you launch PSP game, your Clipboard's LED will blink as if it was doing byp
    ass process, do not worry, you don't need to swap any disc, you can just leave the bootdisc.

Or you could just take the disc out, and the LED won't blink, no bypass process, it will launch the game immediately.

Again, you will see lots of games will have issue, eventually freeze, or blackscreen, so please check the compatibility list first and then try, if you try many times and fail, you will feel so frustrated.

Games that are confirmed by me
    Final Fantasy 0
    Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
    Parasite Eve The 3rd birtday
    CPGX.

[video=youtube_share;0zjRgQDckME]http://youtu.be/0zjRgQDckME[/video]

*An example of running PSP games on OFW system with ODE

Tested title
    Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core US release for PSP

*How to make your PSP games run in full screen

Go to the game setting from XMB.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    SZAKES45, Sunny020, quacktony and 3 others like this.
  2. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Thanks guy, this is very interesting... I will try... Joonie86, do you know if psn games that the crack is to be placed in edat folder, sonicman will put the crack in the right place?

3. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Even if it's placed in the right place, OFW will not allow it to run because resigned cracked EBOOT/SELF/SPRX will fail at signature check from OFW. However, you can make it as bootable ISO type, and only a few games are playable that way.

PSP Remaster does not contain EBOOT, and it does not require signature check, only the EDAT. That is why it's playable on both OFW/CFW as long as it's installed inside the internal HDD.

4. 2
    EbaniyVRot

EbaniyVRot Loyal Member

Hello! Should i delete sonicman in Game Data Utility menu to avoid PSN ban? Is it save to keep sonicman installed on Internal HDD?

5. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    As far as PSN related, for your safety from PSN gaming experience with ODE, please follow this thread http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/282437-Banned-suspended-from-psn

You will be able to achieve a lot of detailed information about how to minimize ban risk.

DarkKitarist likes this.
  6. 22
    breaveman

breaveman Loyal Member

thank you it's work for me

7. 43
    Darkone

Darkone Loyal Member

Teacher
    Why is this not stickied!

8. 354
    retro4ever

retro4ever Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Done.

9. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

Nice work Joon.

10. 119
    matija90

matija90 Loyal Member

To delete the game you have to do in manually with the manager.
    Installed game: FlatOut Head On. Game lags for me with low fps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  11. 100
    SZAKES45

SZAKES45 Loyal Member

I got psp game crash of the titans to play, is it normal for it to play like slow motion? or is their a setting to fix this issue? cheers

12. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    PSP Remaster compatibility is really horrible on PS3, It really depends on the title you launch.

Could you specify which game you have tested?

13. 153
    sakran

sakran Loyal Member

guys did anyone try silent hill origins or shattered memories?
    i saw the comp.list and saw it's playable but wanna confirm if anyone tried