hit tracker

EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE

Discussion in 'Homebrew & Tools' started by Joonie86, Mar 25, 2014.

1. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Update

2 - 26 - 2015

Again @bigjokker released new resigner .. it supports a lot of incredible features.

Hi everyone, this is Joonie.

I would like to introduce this useful tool for ODE users.

I've seen some EBOOT resigners for ODE that resolves the issue with 80010017 error due to the non-original eboot,
    but it seems that no resigners could resign self and sprx files for ODE users unless the files are renamed to EBOOT.BIN instead.

Lots of games like Cod, God of War, FFX 10/10-2 HD, has tones of files including EBOOT.BIN, *.SELFs and *.SPRXs needed to be resigned for lower FW to work with.

This tool can be useful for people who use lower FW version, but the game requires higher FW,
    I think this is very helpful for 4k users who use OFW 4.53 but willing to play future release game that requires 4.55+ FW.
    Some of games can't work without properly resigning all of those files if the game has been touched for CFW, or you're trying to convert PSN games to DISC type.

Games like Lost in the rain [PSN] does not work without resigning sprx files [it has about 26 files to be resigned as NO-DRM]

[​IMG]

How to use
    1. unpack the zip file
    2. choose the desired folder to resign each file
    3. put the file you want to resign, if it's EBOOT.BIN put that inside EBOOT Resigner folder, if it's Self file then inside the self.

*it does not support multiple self / sprx files, so please do it one file at a time

4. run the batch file [EBOOT Resigner] [SELF Resigner] [SPRX Resigner]
    5. it'll be automatically delete the original file and create new file that's resigned with 3.55's key in order for ODE to work.

[​IMG]

*This tool originally had Chinese translated gui interface, but I removed it, if that's needed I can add it upon request.

Usage of EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE

1. Resolves the issue with the game due to the missing original EBOOT.BIN/*.SELF/*.SPRX [80010017 error fix]
    2. Modded EBOOT.BIN to enable some cheat codes.
    3. Homebrew/PSN pkg conversion to Disc type ISO file.
    4. Lowering PS3 System software requirement from 4.XX to 3.55 [It can be very useful for 4k users who wish to stay on 4.53 but willing to play future release games]

*Make sure to Edit "PARAM.SFO" file's FW version to 3.55 to avoid the request for updating FW to 4.55+

And finally build the ISO after all the editing is done

*Regarding resigning npdrm psn pkg eboot/self/sprx,

In order for those npdrm files to be resigned, first it has to be NO-DRM type,
    you can make those file "RAP" free by using True Anscestor Eboot Resigner 1.91,
    As long as it's NO-DRM EBOOT/SELF/SPRX, It should work with this resigner for ODE.
    Because this resigner does not support NPDRM files [requires RIF KEY]

Non-supported feature

1. Batch resign for multiple files. This resigner can only resign one file at a time.
    2. NPDRM type EBOOT/SELF/SPRX files, you need to resign files as NO-DRM first by using True Anscestor Eboot Resigner 1.91
    and then use my tool to resign them as DISC Eboot for ODE.

Download

EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE download

I originally found this from Chinese forum called Duowan 多玩

This tool is kinda similar to JjKkYu's older version of True Anscestor Eboot Resigner

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out who originally made this tool.

All I did was adding "SPRX" resigner to support more files. Please remind me if anyone knows who built this tool originally,
    I'd like to give him many many thanks :)

Special Thanks

naehrwert [scetool], Team Cobra, The person who originally built this tool.

P.S.

@SDeath, Can you make batch script for this tool to support multiple self / sprx files?
    games like FFX HD has about over 1000 sprx files.. ;; I really enjoy your batch tool for ISO :)
    Please consider this if that's possible :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    wolfsstolz, TarAnTani, sadeq and 18 others like this.
  2. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    Useful :D resigning ALWAYS helped me :D but... But anyone going online with resigned eboots and/or any other files should be aware that it's not 100% safe :D

Otherwise resigning tools are always useful...

Joonie86 likes this.
  3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Joonie86, we have something cooking se we have to investigate if we can include this as well.

Joonie86 likes this.
  4. 54
    josemetallica

josemetallica Loyal Member

i tried self resigner for assassins creed 4 it delete the file and doesn't create the new one any help?

5. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I have asian release disc version of this game, and the tool works just fine.

AC4 Japanese release
    BLJM-61056

[​IMG]

Did you download PKG version of that game and want to convert it as bootable disc iso?

if you're doing psn to iso conversion, you need to find license free files first or simply you could use files from

disc version.

6. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I smell something delicious :)

SDeath likes this.
  7. 54
    josemetallica

No, i just download a mod eboot and mod scimitar_final.self with cheat. i can resing the eboot but no the self
    this are the file if you want to check http://www.firedrive.com/file/46EC2C9BAFF39557

8. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    This is mod eboot for 1.04, and also npdrm eboot, you need to resign this eboot/self as no-drm eboot/self first by using True Anscestor Eboot resigner v1.9 and then use this tool.

do u know how to make it work with game update?, if you put this inside the internal hdd it wouldn't work.

Try this method,

You need to edit PARAM.SFO's app version to 1.04 from 1.00.

and delete EBOOT.BIN/*.SELF file from internal hdd's game path, it would let the game read modded eboot.bin/self from Disc.

Or alternatively, you could just find modded eboot for 1.00 version. and Play the game without game update.

josemetallica likes this.
  9. 54
    josemetallica

ok im going to try thanks

10. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    forgot to tell you one thing, build the iso with the modded eboot :)

josemetallica likes this.
  11. 54
    josemetallica

Hi man i tried everything you say but without luck but the game boot but i got a error that say the disc is damage or dirty.
    any clue?

thanks btw :D

12. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Then your last option will be unpack the update package to disc, put the resigned modded EBOOT/SELF in the disc and use the original param.sfo with updated app ver

install the official update as a pkg and then delete the self file from the internal hdd.

or just forget about the update and use the 1.00 mod eboot combined with ISO and do not update your game.

What you showed me was 1.04's EBOOT, You need to find the 1.00 mod EBOOT.

MOD EBOOT with GAME UPDATE is very hard. However I've done with COD BO2/GHOST before. if you still have issue with modded updated eboot, that means either you're doing something wrong or it just simply doesn't work that way.

The easiest way to do it is play the game with Modded eboot with no game update.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    josemetallica and SDeath like this.
  13. 54
    josemetallica

i was looking for 1.00 but only found 1.03 and 1.04

14. 24
    reneroluce

reneroluce Loyal Member

College student and freelance
    the resigner is dead set lowering the requirement for playing the game to 3.55 or we can edit it to 4.50 ....?

after eboot been resign will it effect if i going to IRD check...?

15. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    The 3.55 keys are only usable for ODEs, even if you set your PARAM.SFO to 4.50 it's still working as 3.55 EBOOT,

As long as you're using re-signed EBOOT, you can't pass IRD check 100%.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  16. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    There is no way in hell someone will get 4.50 keys :p and even when they do the next update or the one after that will change the keys and you are back to square one :p

17. 110
    kestis

kestis Loyal Member

YouTube Partner
    Hi Joonie86 I am having some problems, could you write me on skype?

18. 29
    IDK

IDK Loyal Member

Please Make A Video Tutorial For This

19. 276
    Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
    California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
    Success AND Failure!

I just wanted to chime in here and tell you first off thank you for this wonder Resigner app of yours! I was trying and trying to get Military Madness Nectaris to go from PKG to ISO, (even though I paid for it on PSN), and following the directions for the way Limbo is done with changing the files one by one it just never worked for Military Madness. I used your Automatic Eboot Resigner on the game and it works perfectly now on my ODE! This is my story of Success using your tool. Fantastic! This saves me a little space on my internal HDD.

Now for my story of Failure. I have downloaded the PKG of Ridge Racer 7 3D from the PSN Stuff app and unpacked it to my PC HDD. When using your app batch files to resign the Eboot or the SELF files it just pops up a dos box super fast, disappears and then deletes the files. I cannot read what it is saying to save my life and every single time it is done it just deletes the original Eboot and SELF files. Is there any way to fix this? It worked great for Military Madness, so why is it failing for RR73D?

20. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I'm glad to hear your success !! Good to hear it helped :)

As I mentioned it on my tutorial, this eboot resigner does NOT support NPDRM eboot/self files, whatever you downloaded from PSN store has to be resigned as NON-DRM EBOOT/SELF, Try to use True Ancestor EBOOT/Self Resigner 1.91 to resign your EBOOT/SELF first,
    make sure to have "RAP" files as well, otherwise you can not crack/fix your original EBOOT/SELF from PSN pkg.

as long as you have cracked/fixed eboot/self, you can use this tool to resign it for ODE.

[Although you successfully resign your EBOOT/SELF for ODE, This tool can not guarantee your success on running PSN games]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014