hit tracker

Evox ETM-XBTF Trainer Manager

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by Kuraria, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 22
    Kuraria

Kuraria Loyal Member

Freelance/Jack of all trades
    This program is meant to run on your pc and pc alone. The folder you choose to work this has to be on your pc. I know this isn't the best thing in the world and I would like to improve it for use by other people then myself... it sorts trainers stored in a folder on your pc by region listed in the trainers name stored in the file ex "Total Overdose + 4 [PAL]". It sorts them from the main folder into a sub folder called Pal and does the same with ntsc. There is also a button for sorting of duplicates which upon selecting of a folder with trainers in it you can click and it will match them by the name listed in the file itself. I myself had problems with the file name being different but the contents were not so they showed to be the same on the evox trainer list but not the ftp listing. The search function is crap and only finds the first trainer with the text you specify.. =/ oh also you can delete a trainer listed in the program by pressing the delete key or backspace which moves them to the recycle bin =D I made this at first for myself but I know others could prolly use this so I decided to share.

-Old Updates-

~Redid the whole GUI and added new dupe sort option (binary compair) and language ini for translations =D

~Now supports renaming of etm files outside the zip/rar and reads etms inside of the zip/rar files also can extract from zip/rar to chosen folder =D

~Fixed bug that was crashing the app due to no file being selected to extract. Added CRC (Checksum) option for those with suspected bad trainers to match with people that having the same one but it works. Set max filename length and disallowed illegal charecters to be added to the rename of trainers. (Thanx to Fisben for looking them up)

~Added non-graphic GUI app to zip for any who have issues with the graphic version. Fixed typo in the binary sort code.

*New Updates*

Now support for XBTF and made new thread so the other wasn't misleading.

Todo List:

Renaming of files in zip/rar and sorting of zipped/rared files
    Possible ftp client added (more handy but possibly redundant)
    Possible crc database to check for corrupted trainers

*notes*

Due to the fact that I update the upload frequently the number of downloads will not be current till a final version is released even then it won't be the complete number of times downloaded since release.

Maybe if enough people find this useful I'll get a sticky =)

"Vote for Pedro"

2. 0
    acidflash

acidflash Guest

Done. This is very handy :) People seem to love it, keep up the good work!

3. 22
    Kuraria

Kuraria Loyal Member

Seems all is well.

Thank you very much for the sticky. I want to make clear that without the hard work from many people in the scene that do it purely for the knowledge and challenge alone. We would be a lot worse off lacking tools and examples to make leaps and bounds in our own lives. I don't mean to mark myself as hard working because honestly I'm not I just make things to support my own lazyness :) Other people here work to supply us with trainers and help even when they neglect other things to do so. I envy their conviction to stick to things no matter how hard or long. We all benifit here from people making contrubutions big and small. So the next time you wonder if you could do something to make a difference you already started to. Take that next step and support everyone here and it will be a much richer place to be. Just remember help starts with you and being informed about your problem makes all concerned a lot more able to help you. *pssst* (I think I'm rambling *nods to himself*) Anyways enjoy what people offer and be as positive as possible when posting it makes people happy and happy people come back and help others.

44 downloads of the new release and no bug reports so I'm happy and sleepy.

4. 0
    acidflash

acidflash Guest

I have a bunch of people using it np :)

5. 22
    Kuraria

Kuraria Loyal Member

Working in progress

After some troubles with my hdd making noises and going back and forth from a backup to do work I'm still updating the manager just not any new updates to it so far... lots I would like to do with it... add any bugs or suggestions to this thread... suggestions are good... as is praise =)

6. 0
    PAEz

PAEz Guest

Praise....
    Love it! Simple and very usefull, wot you wish ever app was :)
    Like the skin too.

Small suggestions....
    When I rename a file, any chance you could have another edit box (read only) that displays the internal name of the game...so i can copy and paste from it?
    Also when I rename a file, could the list boxs selection reflect what file im changeing?
    Could the app remember what directory i was working in last time it was run?

Harder suggestion....
    ne chance of windows explorer dragNdrop support?

Bugs....
    If you click on the search option (Love that option), if you click on the X to close the window without searching then the popup menu titles turn into dots and the search windows search button doesnt have any text anymore... this doesnt happen if you enter anything into the search box and click search...also the bug happens with both the GUI and not version...except in the nonGUI version the buttons text doesnt dissapear it changes to something like 'command1'
    You can get a similar bug if you press the X on the setpath option...this will result in the text on the setpath button in the setpath window to change but didnt affect the popup menus
    and the if you press the X on the rename window then the text from the rename button goes/changes

7. 0
    PAEz

PAEz Guest

I just had to bring up the Windows Task Manager to close something and noticed I had 4 of your nonGUI version running in the background, but there not running in the foreground (they where all closed about a day ago)....it should be noted tho that this computer hasnt had its windows reinstalled for about 4 years and is a complete mess, so weird stuff happens on this thing ;) but i thought i should point it out.

8. 0
    AMaNO

AMaNO Guest

Group Renaming?

Great app, got a item to add to a suggestions/wishlist, :)

A group select/rename feature that lets you select various files and group renaming them (EG: filename001, filename002, etc, etc). Selecting them via CTRL or SHIFT, etc.

As PAEz said a feature that lets you rename files via getting the internal names and renaming the filename accordingly, now that would be great! :D

Also, I too have had similiar problems with the app crashing (under winxp sp2), and also leaving little windows open in the device manager just like PAEz has whether am using the GUI version or Non-GUI version.

9. 22
    Kuraria

Kuraria Loyal Member

I've Been out

I've been going off the boards for a bit but I'm back to do some work... I'm sure you all will be pleased that use the utility... looking into your suggestions and bugs right now =D

10. 38
    wemery73

wemery73 Loyal Member

thanks i needed this :)

11. 9
    zorprime

zorprime Loyal Member

??????

when i exit this program it acts as an spam injector doing something to windows what is that cmd call when exit
    ??:mad:

12. 4
    chaos_angel

chaos_angel Loyal Member

thank you very much for this great program !!!

13. 0
    dragonofspikes

dragonofspikes Guest

the new xbtf

i was curious cause i saw the etm 2 xbtf converter if there is one to convert xbtf 2 etm :confused:

14. 0
    ic3d

ic3d Guest

i cant access

i cant access to dl this great needed file :/

dn0 whats wrong :(

15. 6
    Sleepyjoe

Sleepyjoe Loyal Member

Wow

Thank you very much for this, it will help in sorting out the trainers:)

16. 11
    hwoarang5

hwoarang5 Loyal Member

it would be very helpful if u can make an option to rename the trainer filename to the internal game name.

instead of the confusing shortcut names, hard to manage like tat...:mad:

17. 0
    mikerowesoft

mikerowesoft Guest

Boy oh boy, you are really upset about the names the authors chose to give each file. Just try to open them up with word pad and you will see the name. Or you could load them into your xbox and use Our (Xored) launcher to delete the ones you don't want.

18. 22
    Kuraria

Kuraria Loyal Member

actually the shortcut name is because the xbox filesystem doesn't handle all sorts of odd little charecters and such also they have a length limit on it and the real purpose of the trainer manager was to organize the trainers by the internal name not the filename so your missing the point of the manager in the first place when the manager itself and the xored launcher shows the internal and not external name of the trainer... so basically what I'm saying is... use it or don't... they didn't name the files long winded explainatory names because no one looks at the external name... they just upload it and use it to play their game... seperate the need to be spoon fed from the real need for something useful... suggestions are still welcomed... don't be mislead.... I enjoy helping people... spoon feeding the lazy I don't suffer with modesty and restraint :D

19. 0
    g54pcys

g54pcys Guest

A feature which extracts the text from a trainer and saves it as a .nfo (plain text) file of the same name as the trainer would be extremely useful. This way one could generate nfo files for trainers that do not have them.

Keep up the good work, I will check out this program tomorrow.

20. 4
    doncaruana

doncaruana Loyal Member

Some suggestions/input

I noticed that the program kinda crapped out on a few of the stranger files (like one I had for the punisher and mortal kombat, for example), so I did a little brute force on the files. After a bit of looking at the files, I wrote a little code and slapped in an excel spreadsheet.

So, who cares, right? Well, what I did doesn't have any bad reads where it can't read the game name or anything, for one thing. The other thing I did is I had it build a list of all the cheats in the file also. So, for example, for the game/title for the dead to rights trainer (d2r2.etm), I get:
    Dead To Rights 2 +3

and the cheats/comments look like this:
    Trainer by Y2J
    Infinite Health & Armor
    Infinite Adrenaline
    Infinite Ammo

Anyway, dumping it into a spreadsheet like this I can blow through and just check off the ones I don't want and then move them elsewhere. Also avoids me having to muck with renaming them, since the names and everything all get captured right there in the spreadsheet.

So, this isn't real slick with a gui or anything, but it's pretty useful. At least, if Kuraria is still around, we could talk algorithms and I could maybe show him how to avoid the bad reads. And I could also share the same info on how to read the cheats. Or, if I muster up more energy and he's not around, I may just slap a gui on this...

Anyway, if anyone out there is interested, let me know and I can slap this spreadsheet up someplace. If you guys are screwing around with renaming files, you may find this much easier to manage.

Don

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007