hit tracker

EXCLUSIVE: Announcing StargateNX for the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jan 30, 2019.

By GaryOPA on Jan 30, 2019 at 2:24 PM
  1. 25,530
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    StargateNX: The solution you have been looking for is finally just around the corner!
    [​IMG]

Recently, I was contacted by a new team called StargateNX, and they told me they were working on something cool for the Nintendo Switch and I was given a preview version to test out, and after many months of development, they are ready to go public. :)
    As it might sound too good to be true to you, they have made a simple demonstration video to watch StargateNX in action, and to find out more on this product, please visit their official website: https://stargatenx.com/
    IMPORTANT NOTE: StargateNX requires SX OS or SX Pro and SX Installer latest version. Support for other CFWs might be added in the future, but for ease of use we recommend SX OS and SX Installer.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jan 30, 2019.

1. 21
      a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon Loyal Member

Cant see this taking off, people are tight bastards and want everything for free. Wont even pay for an sxos license so wont pay for a subcription for games.

xs4all and pimpinpsp like this.
    2. 8
      pimpinpsp

pimpinpsp Loyal Member

Pirating games for free is one thing as long as you buy it, but monetizing pirated games monthly/yearly is disgusting

xs4all likes this.
    3. 20
      xs4all

xs4all Loyal Member

I agree with the above two replies, only time will tell if this thing takes off, however when this comes to big N's attention, they will be all over it and shut down in no time.

4. 2
      europat

europat Loyal Member

How come he installs New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (2.7 Go) in 5 seconds, this kinda impossible with write speed of Switch (nand or SD) no ?

5. 20
      xs4all

xs4all Loyal Member

If you look at the top right of the video for that part, it has the fast forward icon, the video has been sped up.

6. 4
      longxa762

longxa762 Loyal Member

Would have consider buying if it was yearly but $25 a month? That price is so stupid lol considering how many free solutions are available that is basically the same as this

7. 58
      Jimyb3

Jimyb3 Loyal Member

Yeah I will agree with the other comments, to pay for a cfw it is ok because the team work for it. But to paid for pirate games is bad and disgusting.

I believe that it should be free like psvita, if I will paid for a game those money I want to go to team which create the game. I choose to play pirate games but I buy them if I enjoy it.

8. 194
      krawhitham

krawhitham Loyal Member

lawyers aren't cheap

9. 8
      pimpinpsp

pimpinpsp Loyal Member

I guess with the amount of stupid people that will buy this, they'll have enough money for a lawyer when ninty shows up :p

10. 25,530
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    11. 8
      pimpinpsp

pimpinpsp Loyal Member

Still wouldn't get it if you're gonna charge for it. That's just scummy. People were already dumb enough to purchase SX OS, but I guess they have their reasons too. Some believe certain features are worth the price. That's fine. But those were tested waters to see who would pay for piracy. This project is just preying on the people that would spend more money to pirate software and video games. $30 for SX OS license, and then on top of that $25 more a month for a subscription to download pirated video games. What next are you going to do? Release paid addons for SX OS? Add DRM to your pirated video games so people have to stay in your subscription to play them? I'm sure if they were able to manipulate XCIs and NSPs that way to have DRM I know they would without hesitation - no doubt it was thought about.

If you want to pirate video games, go look for Google drive stashes. You can find them on reddit and certain discords. Full google download speeds and for free. Paying $25 a month for only convenience is absolutely not worth it. That's $300 a year. Nintendo's online service is $20 a year, plus with $300 you can buy lots of games AND support the developers. Let's not forget $300 is how much a brand new Nintendo Switch costs.

Pirating should be free and always free, that is why there is a piracy scene. Whether or not you believe piracy is wrong, both sides of that subject agree piracy means free. No BS subscription services. You should be ashamed for supporting this, as well as the team for developing this.

12. 58
      Jimyb3

Jimyb3 Loyal Member

If they want we can donate one or two dollars for their easy downloader manager, but not monthly paid for the pirate games...

alexqueen likes this.
    13. 8
      pimpinpsp

pimpinpsp Loyal Member

I second this. Access to their game repository for free would be nice. Donating any amount (or a certain amount if they want to be stingy) can give you access to their homebrew app for the games list. Add support for all CFWs, and you will get people to throw money at you. Putting $25 a month will get almost no one give you money, except for those stupid people.

Or, make it open source (as all development things should be) and donations should be encouraged to keep your download servers up.

14. 19
      alexqueen

alexqueen Loyal Member

15. 47
      Starjudy1990

Starjudy1990 Loyal Member

16. 6
      switchnewbo

switchnewbo Loyal Member

I am thinking if the StargateNX is the same as the SX OS, it will band with the switch. Question: May I ask if the StargateNX can be used on many switches.