TX Releases Amazing Update To Their SX OS, so check out the major changes below:
We been informed by TX earlier today, they have completed a nice update to their first release of SX OS, now with v1.1 as you can see detailed below, it improves homebrew, and cartridge certs support, and more neat things, so grab it now from their site and enjoy!
SX OS 1.1 updateTeam-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond!
DOWNLOAD SX OS v1.1 FROM THEIR OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://sx.xecuter.com/
(What follows below is various previous TX announcements, click each 'spoiler button' to see the all details in full.)
SX OS is a custom firmware that can be used with the SX Pro tool kit (strongly recommended for ease of use and safety) or for advanced users as a stand alone OS.
Once you download SX OS from our website, please follow the basic tutorial also available on the same page to install it on your Nintendo Switch. A complete tutorial and advanced manual will be available in the days to come.
If you did not purchase a SX Pro or a SX OS license, Team-Xecuter still provides FREE homebrew support and loading from a non activated SX OS install. This is a small gift to all 'sceners' who are only interested in homebrew. After all, Team-Xecuter also comes from the homebrew scene and after all these years, we are still glad to contribute now and then to this scene who brought us where we are now.
To unlock ROMs loading and more advanced functions, you need to purchase a SX Pro – our top selling product – or SX OS license. They are available from resellers worldwide. A list of trusted distributors can be found HERE.
OK, we know you are eager to test it out, so we will stop here. SX Pro and SX OS are a year in the making. It required massive team work from all of Team-Xecuter members to reach this V1.0 we believe will be your best purchase on Nintendo Switch.
- If you did purchase a SX Pro, then your license is included in your dongle. Simply follow the instructions from our quick tutorial.
- If you purchased a SX OS license, then once your vendor email it to you, please use it and follow instructions from our quick guide to activate it.
As usual here is a few Q&A for the early SX OS users that have already downloaded our SX OS:
- Q: How do I re-enter TX boot menu
A: Press and hold vol+ and keep holding until you see the TX splash screen
- Q: How do I access my albums while in SX-OS CFW mode ?
A: Hold down L while opening album
- Q: How do I access HomeBrew ?
A: Hold down R while opening album
- Q: How do I load my backup roms ?
A: Simply enter album an select you rom file, all rom files should be placed in the root directory of the console micro SD
But as usual, it is a work in progress. We received a lot of requests for new features to be added in future updates, and our skilled developers are already working on it even as V1.0 is only being rolled out.
- Q: HomeBrew menu loads but none of my apps are showing, what is wrong ?
A: Please try re-format the micro-SD card using a windows machine, we have encountered this issue when using OS-X ex-fat formatted cards.
We really value your purchase, and we will do our best to bring you the best new updates and features in the years to come.As we spin our chairs, and refresh the browser screen looking for updates on tracking and SX OS going live, we decided to stop by earlier at the Team-Xecuter headquarters to bug them one last time before the review samples arrive.
And they gave us permission to take a few exclusive photos of their very busy shipping section that is non-stop 24/7 getting batches of SX PRO out the door to all the various official resellers around the world, so that everyone can soon be enjoying the very latest in 'backup games' and 'homebrew' on their Nintendo Switch console, or even just booting-up Linux if they decide to go that more advanced route of enjoying their Switch being now fully unlocked with unlimited possibilities, so as we all wait for our SX PRO to arrive in the next few days, we can take a look at these nice photos below:
Welcome to the last Team-Xecuter announcement before we let the reviewers take over!
Please find final product & packaging pictures with this announcement. This is from one of the 100 review samples that will be shipped this week. If you are on the review copies list, you do not need to email us: We will send you tracking once shipped.
For reseller information, the packaging dimension and weight with product and cable: Weight: 30g. Dimensions: 10*7*1.4cm
We want to confirm that SX OS official launch date is June 15th. Remember this is the day we ship units to vendors, so your own tracking number from the reseller will be a few days later. Also, because this is very large product launch, we can't deliver all preordered units on D-day. If you placed your order late, you might have to wait a week more for your distributor to receive more stocks after he clears its first preorders.
We are working 24/7 right now to make the delay to deliver all preorders as short as possible.
As usual, a few Q&A that came back regularly:
- Q: Is SX affected by the dreaded "battery desync" problem?
A: As far as we are aware this battery desync problem currently only occurs when running Linux on your Switch.
While extensively testing SX OS, including booting SX OS with AutoRCM we have not ran into a single battery desync issue ourselves.
SX OS itself isn't based on Linux. We *do* allow people to run Linux (and other payloads) through our "external payload" functionality. This is at your own risk.
If we had to give the community a hint as to where to start looking into this "battery desync" problem we'd suggest looking into how the Fuel Gauge IC (MAX17050, I2C1 addr 36) is being used by Nintendo's OS and by Linux.
- Q: If I boot in OFW mode and play my original purchased game online, am I safe?
A: Yes, you are safe to play original games online in OFW mode.
- Q: Does SX OS plays the original games in CFW mode?
A: Yes, it does.
Next week, the first reviews will be online, we are sure they will be excellent as we expect!
- Q: If I download eShop games to an SD card, can I also run SX OS on that card?
Or do I need separate cards for Nintendo eShop games and SX OS games?
A: You can use the same SD card.
Welcome to one of the last Team Xecuter announcement before we let the reviewers take over!
As promised, here is a new video of our latest SX OS running games and homebrew under 5.1.0. This is pretty close to what you will have in the V1.0 of SX OS. But we are still working...
As a quick fact update, during our latest tweaking before launch, we now have 10 (instead of original 5) successive boots without the opportunity to auto recharge. Standby time remains the same (approximately 1 week) and battery drainage has been dropped from 25mA to 13mA while console is awake and dongle plugged in.
- Q: Can I play my Switch running SX OS while being docked?
A: Absolutely. You just need to have it undocked when you power up your Switch to load SX OS. Once done, dock it and play for as long as you don't completely power it off again.
We receive hundreds of email daily with hundreds of request/suggestions. We thank you for them. We do not reply to everyone, although most people do receive a reply, but rest assure we read them all. And we take note. We have requests for emunand, Nand back up, themable SX OS, soldered version... the list goes on!
- Q: I know I'm asking too much and it's early, (sorry) would it be possible to get Bluetooth audio (or even Bluetooth controller) support within the CFW.
I know a lot of people would dig that on other forums (including a clean internet browser that has YouTube unblocked) if this is possible?
A: If it is doable, we will try. Please read text below about such requests, you are fully entitled to request anything, we will do our best in order of user's most wanted features.
SX OS and its affiliated products (first one being SX Pro) are a work in progress. You paid not only for a device but also for support. And we will bring it to you. Most on demand or important features will be added first, some are already being worked on as you read this, and we will take it step by step.
Thank you for the trust you placed in us, we will deliver!The clock is ticking and we are getting closer to Xecuter SX line launch date.
We wanted to share some of the pictures of the first units coming out of our assembly lines and of the packaging for SX Pro. We are very satisfied with the product quality and we are certain you will be as well. We will have some video and maybe another announcement coming and then it will be TIME!
Before we leave you, our usual Q&A to your most popular questions.
- Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0
A: Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
- Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
A: Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
- Q: Why is there - and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?
Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and - on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.
A: They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The - symbol is also the LED window.
- Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
A: Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.
No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port.
- Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? -- Why not battery instead? -- Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
A: The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
- Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?
Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.
A: Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
- Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?
A: No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
- Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always 'docked'?
Its nice, that is portable, but some users never go 'portable', they are DOCK only fans, what about them?
A: If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
We are proud to introduce our Xecuter SX dedicated 'mini' site. You can find it HERE.
This site is not meant to replace our Xecuter portal, but exists for the convenience of (future) SX (OS) users. On the mini-site you can find high resolution pictures of the SX Pro, screenshots of SX OS and our brand-new game selection menu and a basic usage guide.
The SX OS download is not available yet. It will be once we deliver the first licenses to our resellers on June 15th.
Finally, we'd like to address some more questions that we've seen a lot.
- Activation of SX OS can be done through SX OS itself if you have WiFi configured on your Nintendo Switch.
- If you don't have WiFi configured you will be able to retrieve your SX OS License through our website.
- If you purchased SX OS only you will receive a "redeem code" that you need to enter (not needed for SX Pro users).
- Q: Will Switch data such as savegames and updates be shared between the OFW and SX OS? Or are both systems separated?
A: Yes, SX OS and the original Switch OS share savegames and update data.
- Q: Does SX OS support trimmed XCI files or do they need to remain unaltered?
A: Yes, an app like https://github.com/Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter is supported.
- Q: Is it possible to play games from a External Harddrive?
Does SX allow us to use an external disk using the docking station or USB-C port?
A: This is a possibility in the future, we've added it to our to do list. (thanks to all users for making it already a few pages long
- Q: Can we expect cheat codes some day?
A: Cheats has always been a priority for our us. And we've already started looking into it.
It takes a while to make a decent and usable cheat system, your patience will be rewarded!
Thanks again to everyone who is supporting SX. We will keep you posted with updates. And we hope this will make the wait until the official launch a bit easier for you!
- Q: There has been a wave of bans happening lately. Does that confirm we won't be able to play online with SX OS?
A: There have indeed been a number of isolated ban incidents happening lately among some homebrew developers. The exact cause of these bans is not known as of yet.
We are not aware of any bans due to SX OS usage. But be cautious and use online functionality at your own risk!Welcome back to another Team-Xecuter SX Question & Answer.
As you can see in this second Q&A, which answers some requests from customers, a lot of features are coming in future updates.
All your requests are welcome. Please email [email protected] with your suggestions/features ideas, if they are technically doable, we will add them to our development to-do list.
SX Pro (and SX OS) is a fantastic product as it is, but it will only get better over time with all the improvements our development team will bring you, free for life with your SX OS license.
To demonstrate that, you can see below our first Q&A, which has been corrected since our first one a a few days ago, and will delight our favorites advanced/geek users with their favorite feature (after ROMs, although they will never admit it
- Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?
A: The initial release of SX OS will have support for running homebrew software for all firmware versions.
In the initial release, launching the homebrew menu can be done by starting the photoviewer application while holding the R button on the Joy-Con. A file called "hbmenu.nro" needs to be on the root of the microSD card and a folder "switch" needs to contain all the homebrew applications.
We will naturally continue to improve homebrew support and easy of use in future update.
- Q: When you put your Switch into Sleep mode, do I need to insert dongle again upon waking up?
A: No, you don't. Just resume playing where you left it
- Q: Is it possible to install Game Updates (and does it requires to be on the latest firmware)?
A: Yes, you can install game and system updates. The game updates can be applied following Nintendo's usual rules, which sometimes requires you to be on the latest or a higher firmware than your console's current firmware.
- Q: If a game runs natively on an OFW x.yy and above, can SX OS run the game even if the console has a lower firmware?
A: Currently no. We have added that request to our list of features to look into.
- Q: Does SX OS supports online gaming?
A: SX OS supports playing online. However, we can't guarantee Nintendo is not able to detect you are using SX OS.
So playing online is at your own risk.
- Q: Can I buy one SX Pro and one SX OS license separately, and use the dongle and tool with two switches?
A: Yes, you can buy additional SX OS Licenses and use one dongle and tool for all your Switch consoles.
- Q: Which file format does SX OS support? What about split files?
A: We support both FAT32 and exFAT.
SX OS will also try to look for split files in the form of "filename.xc0" "filename.xc1" "filename.xc2" and so on to support ROMs larger than 4GB on FAT32.
- Q: Does SX OS support Emunand?
A: Currently it doesn't. This is a feature we can add in the future, but it is low in the priority list because of the small interest to the general public. But because Xecuter SX is also used by advanced users, we will add Emunand support at some point.
- Q: Can I backup my games with SX OS and create my own game ROMs?
A: Currently there's no easy way to backup games with SX OS. We will add support for this in an update.
- Q: Will you allow the use of different payloads?
A: We will allow it. Custom payload can be put on the microsd card. Details will follow.
Again, we hope this clarifies most of the questions the hundreds of thousands of Xecuter Switch users are asking. Please continue to mail us all your questions, requests and suggestions. Customer's satisfaction is our #1 priority. We will keep supporting you with the best update, and the best updates will come with your help.
- Q: How much space is used up on microSD for SX OS?
A: Only 16MB. To clarify, our OS will not alter in any way your microSD game & homebrew capacity.Please find below a brief Q&A that will answers the most commons questions that our technical support has received so far. Xecuter SX OS and products are fully updatable. This is reflected in some of the Q&A below.
We will support this product through the lifetime of the Switch with regular updates that will bring more features, ease of use and functionality to SX OS and the SX hardware product range. But lucky day 1 users will be delighted with the initial software features.
- Q: Can I update my Nintendo Switch to the latest firmware?
A: Yes, you can. We are compatible with all firmwares and all regions!
- Q: How are game ROMs launched? What format do they need to be in?
A: Games ROMs available right now from release groups are compatible as-is.
Copy the XCI files to the root of your Nintendo Switch microSD card so SX OS will be able to find them.
- Q: How does the tool (jig) and dongle operate? Are they needed everytime you turn on the console?
A: If you don't want to make any (software) modifications to your Switch Console, both the Tool (jig) and dongle are needed every boot.
SX OS has an optional "AutoRCM" feature that can be installed to your Switch Console such that the jig tool is not needed anymore on boot.
- Q: How does the AutoRCM feature work?
A: The AutoRCM feature makes a tiny modification to your system's on-board storage via software, and from there on you will ONLY need the dongle (and won't have to press the volume key) when booting your console.
Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS.
- Q: Is the license for life and updates included?
A: Yes, it is! All updates are free and for the lifetime of your console.
- Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
A: Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.
- Q: Can we play eshop games?
A: The current version of SX OS only allows to play cartridge based games. But we're working hard to bring game titles that originate from different distribution media to SX OS as well! It is on our list of features to add in upcoming updates.
- Q: How will SX OS work?
A: The SX OS boot file and licenses can soon be retrieved from our easy to use website that will launch shortly. Simply follow instructions and you will be set up in a few minutes.
- Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
A: We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.
- Q: Will SX Pro work with Switch Linux?
A: We will release a method of (chain)loading Linux using your SX Pro dongle soon.
- Q: Do we need to use the L/R buttons on the Joy-Con to switch game ROMs?
A: We are working on a more user-friendly menu that can be launched from the home menu.
We already have a working menu prototype that is fully functional but we are still improving it for our audiences.
- Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?
A: The initial release of SX OS will not have support yet for running homebrew software for all firmware versions. Currently only the standard method for installing homebrew is supported, which means limited to the specific firmware version 3.0.0.
We are in the final stages on adding support for running homebrew software regardless of firmware version and we expect to have this included with one of the first SX OS updates.Team-Xecuter is delighted to announced the first 2 products in its Nintendo Switch SX Line: Xecuter SX Pro and Xecuter SX OS
You will find below a brief description for both products. More details and pictures will be released in the days to come. We have started preorders, RRP pricing is listed below. Production has started and at current preorder volume, all preorders will be delivered by June 15th. The earliest birds will receive their unit/copy a bit before that date.
You can find a list of resellers HERE. We will add more resellers in the days to come, meanwhile, if your country is not listed, our partner AxioGame.com delivers worldwide with free shipping.
Xecuter SX Pro
RRP: $34.95 (excluding shipping cost & local taxes when apply)
- The ultimate kit for your Nintendo Switch!
- Includes: USB dongle, tool (use once to install OS) and OS software license.
- Compatible with all regions.
- Compatible with all firmwares.
- Real time game switching.
- More features to be announced soon.
- Weight: (50g)
Xecuter SX OS
Only $24.95 (excluding local taxes when apply)
- Xecuter SX OS software license
- Requires: Tools to be installed on your Nintendo Switch
- Compatible with all regions.
- Compatible with all firmwares.
- Real time game switching.
- More features to be announced soon.
OR CHECK OUT THE FULL LIST OF OFFICIAL RESELLERS ON TX's SITE: --> https://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/
- 3DS-FLASHCARD --> https://3ds-flashcard.com/home/77-xecuter-sx-pro-with-sx-os.html
- MODCHIPFRANCE --> https://modchip83.com/en/home/178-purchase-xecuter-sx-pro.html
- SWITCHSX.COM --> https://www.switchsx.com
- SHOP01MEDIA --> https://www.shop01media.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2199?tracking=55d384d869281