hit tracker

External HDD on Rebug 4.46 1

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by mariusmoga, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 3
    mariusmoga

mariusmoga Loyal Member

Hi guys,

I just updated my console from OFW 3.41 to CFW Rebug 4.46 1 and multiMAN 04.50

I wanted to ask, if I want to use an external HDD, do I still need to format it to FAT32 and copy the games in the GAMEZ directory?

Thanks,

Marius

2. 10
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Loyal Member

Yes you must format it to FAT32 for Read/Write access, but if you just want Read access you can use NTFS(won't need to split large files anymore) but it's a little more involed(adding the HEX Value of the EXT HDD to INI file in MultiMan Dir). You can use either GAMEZ or GAMES for your folder on the EXT HDD.
    Hope this helps :)

3. 2
    woody759

woody759 Loyal Member

I knew you cannot mount games directly from an NTFS drive, but you can just copy them to the internal drive. If you want to mount games backup from external USB drive then you have still to format it to FAT32. Can you confirm it or am I wrong?

4. 168
    Peppsi

Peppsi Loyal Member

I believe you can now play games from NTFS due to incorporation of cobra in CFW, just has to be played as an ISO. (Not that I've tried, too much hassle to convert all games to ISO)

5. 2
    woody759

woody759 Loyal Member

Maybe you're right... but who cares? Easyer to format to FAT32 than convert all my backups to ISO! :)