hit tracker

FAKE: Wii U Specs totally revealed, more power than PS3

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Ahmed_p800, Jun 7, 2011.

1. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Seems Microsoft is the only one now to still be using 15 Year old Optical Storage Technology.

Keep up with the times MS! Even Nintendo realized that not everyone wants to keep changing DVD's, lol.

2. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Your comment might be a bit premature, or not accurate. MS hasn't released specs for their new console (not even announced yet) and the Wii U is not released, so ninty is still using 15 year old optical storage.

I dont' doubt ms will go with BD, it makes the most sense, unless they purposefully want to put themselves at a disadvantage by not allowing BD playback. Not that I would mind since I yet to use my ps3 to view any BD movies, well any movies really, at all, but the majority of people do use their consoles as movie players apparently.

3. 1,086
    Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

Last I checked, what mattered is what's on the disc itself. Specs for the new XBox offering have yet to be revealed let alone a glimpse at the new console. Since the 360 version of multi-platform titles always sell better on 360 than their PS3 counterparts, I'd say your complaint is mute...unlike you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
  4. 1,044
    mattias800

mattias800 Loyal Member

They're absolutely not gonna have Bluray in the next Xbox, I'll bet you an arm and a leg.

5. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

If they don't what do you think it will be? I mean I'd love for console to stop being movie players, and to me that would actually be a plus, but I just don't see ms going against the standard. I would have expected that of nintendo, but not ms.

6. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

yeah do u really think ms is gonna once again make a new format ?

i doubt it, but i guess i wouldn't be suprised....

nint is different story, no one cares about what new proprietary format they gonna use lol.