hit tracker

FAQ: How to use Evox trainers!

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by Goku, Jul 4, 2004.

1. 0
    evilmm

evilmm Guest

I'm using the Midnight Club 3 Trainer, and it works fine when i have it on the hard drive, but not when i read from a DVD.

2. 0
    TenchiDD

TenchiDD Guest

Not Working

First of all, Hey. I've followed all the instructions, have the 3935 version of EvoX, have TSR to normal, yet none of the trainers I try work. So far I have the Halo 2 +10, which doesnt work, and a Ninja Gaiden +2 which doesnt work. Why isnt it working?! The games load fine, but its as if the trainers dont exist, game runs as normal. I don't have a ModChip, its only Softmodded, but It is EvoX, could that be the problem?

3. 0
    mikerowesoft

mikerowesoft Guest

Well it would be best for you to try other games. It just so happens that you picked two games that have multiple versions of trainers for them. When each of those games came out there were trainers made for them. as time passed there were updates for each game. These updates could be obtained through different methods. One of which was to log onto xbox live and download them. Anyway. Once you updated the games the original trainer didnt work for the game anymore. So authors came out with updated trainer versions for the updated games. You need to make sure that if you are using a game that has been updated, like you have ninja gaidens hurricane pack, that you have the correct trainer.
    For now the best and easyiest thing to do would be to go get a differnet game that has no online access or updates and use a trainer for it. See if it works. Then come back and tell us if you still cant get the trainers to work. Just make sure you are using the right trainer. Dont use a PAL trainer for an NTSC game, that just wont work. So make sure you have the proper trainer versions for the game being used. And dont forget, if you update the games then the orig trainer most likely wont work anymore.

4. 0
    faithless358

faithless358 Guest

I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the instructions exactly tried it using tsr=debug too games freeze ont he loading screens! I think it is only for certain games too as i have pirate of the caribean and that laods fine but when i play lotr third age that freezes if i load up evox first!
    please help!

5. 0
    faithless358

faithless358 Guest

scrap that i have got it working now!

6. 0
    GTAHH

GTAHH Guest

Need For Speed Underground 2 Trainer Problems.

Hi,

I've gone crazy trying to get the ANY of the NFSU2 trainers to work.

I think my game is PAL and I've tried almost everything to turning on all the trainer options (all PAL and NTSC trainers were from Mikerowesoft's pack) to setting them one by one to setting the TSR to normal or debug to different regions and still no action once in game.

I dont know what could be wrong as previously the trainers worked and now they dont?

My evo X is 3955 and running the ext chip.

PLEASE HELP!

7. 4
    Hitmanx5

Hitmanx5 Loyal Member

I just want to add the I had to delete the 2 files in the /E/CACHE/ folder before any trainers would work. They are something to the effect of LocalCache00.bin and LocalCache08.bin. Delete these 2 files and reboot and new Cache will be writen. Then the trainers worked. Only had to do it one time on a softmodded box.

8. 4
    qsadzx

qsadzx Loyal Member

i have a similar problem with etm files.

i will post every aspect of my xbox settings so it would be very clear.

i have installed evox form slayers evolution v2.6 distro (on c: and f: drive)
    tsr is set to normal, igr is on, video is set to pal

i am playing games only from hdd.

now the problem: after i copy a specific etm file to c:\trainers (in this case is a trainer for Ninja Gaiden Black - Ntsc), when i restart the console, evox won't boot anymore. I mean the xbox boots, the green x logo appears, and immediatelly after it resets.

managed to repair the problem only by formating c: and reinstalling evox (reinstalling without formating c: will not solve the problem...it seems evox is blocked because of that particular etm file that is in trainers directoy. I think evox is parsing that directory at the beginning but resets because of that particular file).

i have had the same problem with at least 2 other trainers (Pop:WW and Phantom Dust), both of them running perfectly on my friends xbox (he has the same settings that i have)

it is even stranger that in some cases the trainers are working fine even for me (original Ninja Gaiden, Otogi 2 pal/ntsc)

9. 9
    Mars Cydonia

Mars Cydonia Loyal Member

i have a problem with Sonic Heros Trainer; i have searched in the forum but i havent found a solution for my problem.
    The Fact is that when i enable sonic heroes trainer and then i lunch sonic heroes i get the evox loading screen and then xbox reboot.
    If i disable the trainer and then lunch again SH xbox reboot again.
    I have to turn-off xbox and then re-launch sonic heroes and finally work but without trainer.
    I have a PAL XBOX, i have TSR and IGS Enabled; trainer is for PAL version of Sonic Heroes that I have but the strange version is that before that i had evox with Slayer.... this trainer work perfect but when i havechanged my HD and installed evox with AutoInstaller Deluxe the trainer has worked for a lot and then no more.
    DO I have to reformat my HD to slove this problem?

10. 0
    eapraven69

eapraven69 Guest

xored doom 3

i downloaded the doom 3 +8 trainer from xbox-saves and it is a .xbe file. i tried to follow the instructions in the nfo file but my xbox locked up. i cant figure out how to install this and run it. is there a +8 etm file or do u have to run the xbe please someone help

11. 30
    sharkattack

sharkattack Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    EDIT: never mind I fixed it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  12. 0
    razkal1

razkal1 Guest

Any of the trainers for games newer than about six months ago will not work, but my older ones work and have always worked. Do I need to update my BIOS to get them working? I've never updated it now for about a year and a half (ain't broke so why fix it). Is there an alternative to updating the BIOS?

13. 0
    Neksta

Neksta Guest

Hi, i have a problem, too (what a surprise :D ). when i start my xbox it normally boots xbmc, then i go through "my files" and start evox manually (which is located on F:/apps/evox). i activate the trainer (evt-kufh.etm) but when i start the game (through evox menu) the trainer seems like it doesn't have any effect at all. now, could it be, that the trainer doesn't work because i launch evox manually through xbmc ?
    thx for the help

edit: allright, i could get it fixed by my own. i needed to set region to auto, now it works fine :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
  14. 0
    guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

all my trainers work beside NFL STreet 2.. can someone help me to get this trainer to work.

15. 0
    guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Man i see people with all kinds of problem and no one with solution. this place need more experts.. sorry guys i can't help.

16. 0
    jomy25

jomy25 Guest

Thanks Hitmanx5! I was having trouble trying to get the trainers to work so I finally deleted the files in the E/CACHE/ folder and now they work. Not sure if the IGR and TSR have to be changed since this is the only thing that made the trainers work. :)

17. 0
    mikerowesoft

mikerowesoft Guest

18. 4
    enferno

enferno Loyal Member

I am, as well, having difficulties in running trainers on my xbox.

i used the mechassault gamesave exploit to install unleash x as my main dash.

then i used the AID, Auto Installer Deluxe, CD to installed various apps & dashboards.

my boot dash is UnleashX, so i run EvoX as an application. In EvoX, All of my trainers appear as they should, and TSR is NORMAL, and IGR is on. After These settings were changed, i rebooted my xbox, which loaded UnleashX, then loaded EvoX again. I opened up my trainers folder, found the trainer for MechAssault, turned on he desired options and enabled it, saved & exited. Then i rebooted my console once again, loaded EvoX, and ran MechAssault off of my HDD, and the trainer is ineffective.

could anyone shed some light on this please?

19. 4
    enferno

enferno Loyal Member

i set regioin to auto, and it works flawlessly now

20. 0
    jocode

jocode Guest

help

Can anybody tell me how to use xored (engine) and xored trainer at my xbox ( have already evox installed)

I usually use etm trainer, and now i want to use xored trainer.

Many thanks for your support!