hit tracker

[FAQ] Supported System Versions O3DS/2DS/N3DS

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by rezendes, Jun 26, 2015.

1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

I'm not sure about that since I don't really follow eShop releases and much less for the N3DS (I don't have one unfortunately).
    But I'm sure there'll be others who might know. And in any case, usually they tend to show up in the usual places sooner or later.

2. 3,760
    lemanuel

Maki, don't forget to update this ;)

3. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Updated it right now, was just in an amusement park today ;)

lemanuel likes this.
  4. 2
    WPX_CABOOSE

WPX_CABOOSE Loyal Member

well, I've accidentally updated my N3DS's Emunand to 3.3 and now i can't do anything. How do i go about fixing this?

5. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    You mean 9.9?

The easiest way is to reformat your emunand via the Gateway menu (hold the left trigger 'L' while using the exploit to load Gateway). But that would also erase everything you installed in your emunand (CIA games and their saves, your rom saves are stored elsewhere, don't worry).

6. 2
    WPX_CABOOSE

WPX_CABOOSE Loyal Member

Yeah 9.9 :3

Formatted Emunand and is all good, finding all the cias again... not so fun :p

7. 4
    dlwhdrlf

dlwhdrlf Loyal Member

does anyone know if I buy N3DS from amazon, if it will come with supported fw?

8. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

probably not.... it's best if you try in some place that don't sell it much

9. 12
    duppex

duppex Loyal Member

Just picked up from ebay, a NEW NINTENDO 3DS XL Majora's Mask PAL UK, £240.00

Serial QEH101887067

I can confirm the other thread is correct, it does come with firmware 9.0.0.02E (GATEWAY READY :tearsofjoy:)

Not bad when you think some of the standerd low firmware N3DS XL are trading for £200/220 at the moment.

The ebay seller still had one (N3DS - MM) left if anyone in the UK is interested.

10. 14
    DaftMink

DaftMink Loyal Member

Can supported EmuNAND be updated in the first post.

O3DS: <=10.0 (higher breaks menu)
    N3DS <=9.5 (higher won't load)

11. 3,760
    lemanuel

12. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Updated. It can take some time to update, I am in the GMT+1 timezone (additionally with DST at the moment) ;)
    It usually takes no more than 24 hours, but as we all do this voluntarily, I cannot do that 5 minutes after a new update is known. Sometimes I need some sleep :D

13. 13
    lukazz

lukazz Loyal Member

wow I just updated since my gateway arrived yesterday, glad I was quick enough to get the 10.0.0 version... otherwise I would be screwed xD

14. 9
    aphaistos90

aphaistos90 Loyal Member

So, it's confirmed that i can upgrade my O3DS to 10.0 without any problem, with the 3.4 Public beta?

15. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

The new launcher is out! 3.4.1 with support for 10.1 emunand in O3DS =D http://www.gateway-3ds.com/gateway-ultra-3-4-1/

You need the new launcher for the new update firmaware(10.1) :)

16. 9
    aphaistos90

aphaistos90 Loyal Member

Oh! Very pleased to hear the news! Tank you, my kind fellow!

17. 1
    crfernandez613

crfernandez613 Loyal Member

I have a question:

I accidentally let my 3dsXL update to 10.1 and I feel stupid already because I spent so much money on this thing already. I have my system NAND dump .BIN file on my computer from when it was on 4.5.0..... Is there ANYTHING I can do? Hardware/software fix I dont care I just want it to work again

18. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Yes, you would need to have a hardmod for your 3DS console. Best thing would to contact Ronhero here or on GBATemp, as he is the most valuable person for guiding you either through the process or guiding you to people who do this for a bit of money.

A little bit about the hardmod in general: 4 cables are soldered onto the board of the 3DS console and via a connector, they are soldered on a mSD to SD adapter, so you can read/write the NAND on your console and use the NAND.bin backup in your case to rewrite the NAND to the older version.

19. 11
    Sekoria

Sekoria Loyal Member

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I keep reading information and some of them are incompatible.
    My old 3DSxl has the firmware set to 9.5.0-23e.
    I've read in this topic that the compatible version are : "O3DS: 4.1 - 9.2 (sysnand) ; 10.3 (emunand)".
    So, if I upgrade my version to 10.3 I can use GateWay 3DS? Or did I misread this information?
    If not, is there anyway to downgrade to 9.2?

Thank you.

20. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

Your system needs to be on 9.2 or lower. Full stop. Anything read after that doesn't matter. The mention of firmwares beyond 9.2 relate to 'emunand' which is a virtual firmware that runs on top of your native firmware (sysnand) 9.2 or lower.