hit tracker

FBANext blank screen

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by Aigis, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 3
    Aigis

Aigis Loyal Member

Hey ps3crunch, I've been having this problem since the 48x releases, whenever I install FBAnext I get no response on the screen after launching it. I can't even press the ps button to bring up xmb, the system just halts. I've tried playing around with the methods i've seen on other forums (i.e. removing a few shaders from the folder) but nothing seems to get this to boot.
    Any help? I'd really like to be able to use FBA again...

2. 780
    xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://deviant-generation.com/
    Try the latest version here : https://github.com/twinaphex. That will possibly sort you out. FBANext as well as all the other PS3 ported emulators are being constantly updated just like we are used too.

3. 3
    Aigis

Aigis Loyal Member

Sadly I don't have a build environment, so that's not an immediate option for me (Unless someone can provide me a compiled version)
    For the sake of completeness, the latest version that will boot for me is r470. Nothing past that will give me any screen post boot.
    Things I have tried
    Deleting shaders
    Installing r486 and then installing r490 on top of that
    Renaming stock to 0stock so it is on the top of the list
    Booting it on an SD and an HD TV in 720p and 1080p
    Replacing the shaders in the new version with r470s shaders

I have tried all of these steps on both Rebug and Kmew 3.55, and its kind of frustrating that a new build would get released to public when it seems to not work for a number of people. I would love to try this new fork but I have no real way to make it...

4. 2
    Hisoka

Hisoka Loyal Member

My friend used to have issues like that and some roms like sf3 would lock up the system so I updated to latest rev and fba would go black. So I went and deleted fba, found the one I first started using r438, and then installed it and all the roms loaded. Afterward I updated fba to r487 and there has been no issues.

5. 24
    AugustSKY

AugustSKY Loyal Member

Same problem as Aigis. Nothing works. Even pete's updated one if it was an update/
    None of them work

Fixed: Had to go all the way back to r438 and install from there but it works now

6. 3
    Aigis

Aigis Loyal Member

Care to share more details on that? Did you go straight from 438 to the newer release? Which one specifically?

7. 2
    Hisoka

Hisoka Loyal Member

I just made sure to uninstall the fba that was getting him the black screen, r487 I believe, then installed r438 and ran it with some of the roms that had given him trouble. Then after quitting fba I updated straight to r487 and loaded some of the roms to make sure it was working.

8. 24
    AugustSKY

AugustSKY Loyal Member

This pretty much.

I deleted the fba directory off the hdd. Installed 438, then installed a few others like 478 to make sure it still worked, then 486 then 490. But once you start fresh with 438 you could probably go straight to 490 with no issues.

9. 27
    croyd

croyd Loyal Member

I'm having this problem as well with r487, r490 and the one pete_uk built. When I launch the emulator, I just get a blackscreen and have to manual shutdown the PS3. I tried r438 and that works fine. When I downloaded r478, I tried the geohot package but when I launch it, I get an error (I'm guessing due to some signing issue?). I'm running Kmeaw and only noticed the geohot and 3.41 packages for r478. I tried going from r438->r490 and r438->r487 but no dice.

When I was on r490, I tried ftping to the FBANext directory and deleting some of the shaders but that didn't seem to help either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Croyd

10. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

I have also had this issue with revisions I have compiled for myself for the last 2 weeks or so.
    It seems FBA will crash without an error if it cannot find any roms in the roms folder it creates on first boot.
    I deleted and reinstalled FBA and launched, let it crash and waited for HDD activity to stop and hard reset.
    I then FTP'd my roms to '/dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/roms'
    Relaunched FBA and it started fine.

Edit: Twinaphex has just posted a new revision that should hopefully solve this issue. I will post an updated version soon.

11. 847
    pete_uk

This version has fixed the black screen issue for me.
    Can someone else having the issue try it as well please :)

12. 27
    croyd

croyd Loyal Member

I just gave it a try but I couldn't install it. It gives me an error. Sorry I can't remember the error code off hand.

FW: Kmeaw 3.55 Fat PS3

Croyd

13. 6
    Bothrops

Bothrops Loyal Member

The file is corrupted.

Every time I try, it just download until 54% and stop.

14. 847
    pete_uk

15. 27
    croyd

croyd Loyal Member

The new build installs fine but I'm still getting the black screen. My roms are on an external USB drive under ROMS/fba. I never see the FBANext UI at all so I have to reboot the PS3.
    FYI, I'm on a FAT PS3.

Croyd

16. 847
    pete_uk

Which build? The one from last night should not crash anymore if it cant find any roms in the default roms folder.
    If you move your roms to /dev_hdd/game/FBA00000/USRDIR/roms, It will start fine.

17. 27
    croyd

croyd Loyal Member

I tried the latest build you posted. I don't have any roms on the HD. I can try to move it there but I recall at one time, the emulator would start and I can choose the roms on my USB external drive. Does that not work anymore?

Croyd

18. 847
    pete_uk

FBA has never worked like that as far as I can remember. Copied from my main FBA-Next thread:

"Please Note:
    Twinaphex has now configured FBA to use a plaintext CFG file instead of XML in the old versions.
    If your roms are stored anywhere other than the default of "/dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/roms", You will need to edit /dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/fbanext-ps3.cfg."

19. 27
    croyd

croyd Loyal Member

Interesting. I must of mixed it up with one of the other Emulators then.

Anyways, I copied some ROMS to the roms directory on the internal drive and sure enough it worked!

I redownloaded the emulator from the link you provided above to make sure I didn't install an older copy but I still get a black screen when the default rom folder is empty so I guess it didn't solve the problem then.

Thanks,
    Croyd

20. 50
    PS3emulators

PS3emulators Loyal Member

the last build working for me after i edited (fbanext-ps3.cfg) but have little stability, freezing ps3. (ps3 fat 500gb 3.55 kmeaw)