hit tracker

Feature Request -- Select Active Amiibo from App

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by AliMarMalchen, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 4
    AliMarMalchen

AliMarMalchen Loyal Member

This one doesn't seem too hard.

In order to have better control over which Amiibo I'm going to use, I've been putting the Amiibo that I want in the first slot and limiting the bank count to 1 -- then changing it back later. That's not too fun. It's much better than cycling through 30+ loaded Amiibos until you get to the right one.

It would be fantastic if the App could simply allow you to select the bank/amiibo that you'd like to have selected.

2. 128
    EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter Lesbyterian (N2Elite Mod) Clean-Up Crew

USPS Full-Time MH
    Home Page:
    http://www.TheChocoKitty.net/shop
    Umm, what you're asking the app to do is exactly what you're doing. I'm not sure what I'm seeing is the problem here. If you mean to just keep it at the amiiqo you want, then once you reach the amiiqo you want, just don't change it. If you mean being able to select the slot that's currently in use then yeah, that's a feature that's sorely needed.

3. 4
    AliMarMalchen

Yes - my request is simple -- the app should allow someone to select which Amiibo they want to have as the active Amiibo. If you have loaded up 100 Amiibos on the Amiiqo, you scan it, then you can select ... bank #58 - and that is the Amiibo that you have ready to go when you swipe it on the Wii U Gamepad NFC Reader.

The app is fantastic and works flawlessly. It prompts clearly for what you must do - it loads / saves - it shows what's on there. This request seems to be very basic compared to everything they have already managed to accomplish and a reasonable feature request.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  4. 34
    cookie

cookie Loyal Member

Why not just put the Amiibo from bank #58 in bank #1 and go from there?

5. 4
    AliMarMalchen

cookie: That's what I'm doing. And then I'm changing the bank count to 1.

We should not have to do this -- swipe, tap a button to select active amiibo, tap amiibo. Excitement.

6. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

I'm not sure if this is that easy. I have reverse engineered a part of the commands they use (distinct from the usual NTAG213 commandset which is publically available) and I haven't found a command for changing the active bank yet. So the only option I had was to use the button. I'm also not sure, if the swap of the bank is done in hardware or software.

I would also really appreciate this feature.

EDIT: Ok, there is a command, showing you at least what bank is selected. Not sure if I can overwrite and set it directly...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  7. 3
    Stufff

Stufff Loyal Member

Hi,

I must admit that slot selection is the only missing feature on the Amiiqo.
    Having to roll through dozens of characters is such a pain in the ***.
    I'm really waiting for the 1.3 version of the app if the team can add it. With it, the Amiiqo would be much more fun like AliMarMalchen pointed it.

8. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Since _tim_ has it in his tool, there at least exists the needed command. Still waiting for my bonus USB-Writer to be shipped to try the official way.