hit tracker

Final Nintendo NX Design Leaked?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 6, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Sep 6, 2016 at 5:56 PM
  1. 25,657
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Is GuyTheFighter's Photo that he Tweeted, the real Nintendo NX design or not?

The latest Nintendo NX rumor is taking the Internet down in firestorm of news and tweets, when this photo by GuyTheFighter is tweeted out along with Japanese release date and Yen price for the much talked about upcoming Nintendo NX console/handheld hybrid.

[​IMG]

There has been alot of fake Nintendo NX designs already, with some so clever they were produced using a 3D Printer to make it looking totally real, now we have new one, that is being debated right now, if it is real or not from GuyTheFighter that also tweeted along with the photo showing what looks like a controller device that expands to contain a screen. he also gave a NX release date and yen price for it.

So there you have it, release is March 25th, 2017 and price is $39,999 YEN which at today's exchange rate comes to $390 USD, but is hard to say from this photo how it works, does the screen slide out and become a mobile, or is it some super-duper flexible OLED that expands from the inside, and what about the cartridge port?

Personally, I think this photo is some clever Chinese clone of gaming controller attachment for mobile phones, there is some that are very similar to this one, that clips around a mobile phone, and one of them could had easy been photo-shopped to look Nintendo-like in style. but we love to hear your comments on this latest Nintendo NX rumor, that is taking the 'net by storm today.

NEWS SOURCE: GuyTheFighter (via) Twitter

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 6, 2016.

1. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

It looks to me like the vita in a way. It'll be funny if this is the actual design of the NX. The phone attachment you mentioned is another similarity.

2. 25,657
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Sadly, after much discussion with various Nintendo insiders and developers, the photo is basically what the NX will be like when it ships.

The 6.2" touch-screen, has on it two micro-usb ports, one on each side, that is what the left and right halves of the split controller plug into.

On the back, you can't see from this photo, is micro-hdmi port, and charger port, and accessory port (mic/camera), and cartridge slot is little below the back at an angle since the device is very thick, between 14mm to 23mm in thickness like rumored earlier.

When you unplug the two halves of the controller, you can then plug them into each other, directly, like shown on the left bottom part of picture, or with a empty spacer for a more easier to handle controller as shown on the right bottom part of the above leaked photo.

Then the detached 6.2" touch-screen can then be plugged into a docking station for angled viewing, charging, and direct hdmi connection.

Price is right also, around $349 to $379 launch price in the USA, a bit higher in Japan.

Release date is right also.

Stay tuned to MaxConsole as we try to bring you more on the insides of the NX itself, for actual power-specs.

3. 189
      Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

So. No split D-Pad then :p

4. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Nintendo, not in a million years. I'd be very surprised if they'll ever be able to recover from the disaster that was WiiU, especially with this sub $400 handheld follow up. Guys, Nintendo is probably done after this one.

5. 25,657
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      If they were smart they would allow the 6.2" touchscreen to work without the controllers as touch-game-only and touch-mobile-phone, and touch-browsing-tablet.

6. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

So the price of this is expected to be almost $400. Is Nintendo out of their fucking minds?! Why would I pay more for the NX when I could get a PS4 Pro for just a bit more or get a PS4 Slim for quite a bit less? The amount of derp Nintendo has to think they can compete with that price point is astounding. The Wii U was clearly a console that sold itself on a "me too mentality" As a PC user I do see a lot of people claim it was better than the ps4 since everything on it was exclusive basically, but people admit that it only sounds good if you already have a platform that can play everything else. On it's own, it was pretty bad, and I feel sorry for people who could only get a Wii U and not anything else, because it was very much supplementary to a gaming experience. The NX looks to be going down the same road. With only first party titles most will not own one until way later in it's life span because with only first party titles it will take quite a while to build up a decent library. At 379 or even 349 I couldn't in good faith recommend it to anybody other than those who ONLY like Nintendo's games.

WoIverine likes this.
    7. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      So like $429-$449 here in Canada...yeah right Nintendo, put the crack pipe down, I'm done with you.

AlbedoAtoned likes this.
    8. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Man...their shareholders were already up in arms over the WiiU, they're seriously going to lose their s**t 1st quarter 2017. lol

Nintendo's great IP deserves so much better.

:/

AlbedoAtoned likes this.