hit tracker

Finding Pointer Codes With Gateway RAM Dump

Discussion in 'Game Cheat Codes Discussion' started by xJam.es, Jan 25, 2016.

1. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

must be how im finding the code then, I am looking for Infinite Oxygen for Resident Evil Revelations.

I have the codes and default value but noticed in a later level the value changes.

I thought maybe make the first code and do a dump, then play to the next level where the value changes and make the code again and do another dump.

When i copy them over, again no results.

I have tried on the normal dumps, and extended dumps.

Its odd that the old tools show pointers (none are green) but the second in the list works upto three restarts of the level.

I might return to it later, working on a timer code atm. also got to update max cheats with all the custom upgrade parts per slot mod/infinite. luckily these dont use pointer codes :)

2. 161
    xJam.es

xJam.es Loyal Member

Back pointers in tempAR are pointers which are found in 1 file but not the other - that means although it may be right at the time, it is not consistent when the game as been restarted. You cant use them in cheat creating which is why they are excluded from Gateway RAM Tools o_O

3. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

ahh, hmmm i wonder how i can make infinite oxygen code, it cant be impossible

4. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

when it comes to pointers what the best method to find say infinite ammo for the entire game rather than each level/character.

I have decided to come back making some codes but i find the tempar and gateway ram tool only lets you compare two dumps, so in theory i do my first search, find the code, create a dump then restart level and repeat to find the pointer.

but this pointer is for that level/character only.

If i do a level create a dump then say search on another level and do a dump then compare the two - it gets no results.

5. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

dump level a, dump level b and search for pointer
    if there is no result then play around with the settings: increase offset, include negative pointer
    if still no result then there is no pointer

6. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

thanks for the reply, ive tried increasing the offset but shows no results.

also lets say i do level 1, then go to a different level it wont show results, but if i do level 1, restart and do it again it shows results.

but saying that, i have noticed for each level it has max 4 addresses for say ammo but the game has say 8 characters and loads of levels.

7. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

characterA ram dump, characterB ram dump in the same level
    it would be the same method to search for pointer no matter which stage,character or game you are playing

8. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

yea thats what i thought but i keep increasing the offset and no results, i will keep trying because i now know the default value for the code im after so i can find the address with little effort.

9. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

just make sure you enter the address correctly, it won't find anything if one address ends with xxxxxxx0 and the second ends with xxxxxxx3

10. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

yea i copy/paste the codes.

it brings results if i compare dumps off the same level, do a search find the code restart level find code again.

but if i say find code for a level then change character and find code on same level no results.

if i find code for a level keep the same character then goto a different level no results.

so im wondering maybe a different tool that lets you compare more than two dumps might work like

level one dump compare with level on restarted and other level

11. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

I thiught xJames tool already could add many ram dumps
    but, it won't any difference even if there are other tools, if you can't find any pointer in 2 ram dumps then you won't get any in 20 ram dumps

12. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

the gateway ram tool for some reason if i changed character found the code and made a dump and try finding a pointer i get an error claiming the two dumps are not valid gateway dumps.

13. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

yeah some ram dump says raw in the tool and can not be convert to full ram dump file, maybe xJames has a solution to that

14. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

well this is still puzzling me.

I decided to stop trying to do infinite ammo and decided to start looking for infinite health.

using the same process, find code, make dump, change level, find code, make dump and compare - ive found the pointer for health that works for all levels/characters.

but will it heck give me the pointer for ammo, it will for individual levels/characters.

15. 15
    kamesenin888

kamesenin888 Loyal Member

I need some help, sorry to bump a year old thread, I am trying to make an HP code for gateway but I it shows 3 address but I can only find the pointer of 2, the third one I dont know why it doesnt find it, can someone help me? the game is Dragon Ball Heroes Mission X

16. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

been a while since ive done 3ds, but have you tried increasing the offset and have you tried using the gatewaytools to extend the ram dumps and/or use gatewaytools to search for the pointer.

also make sure the address your searching for belongs to the ram dump its looking for.

17. 15
    kamesenin888

kamesenin888 Loyal Member

Yes I havev tried increasing the offset and the address belongs to the ram dump, its strange ive tried everything to get the pointer, even dumping with ntr and I can only get 2 of the pointers the third one is like it doesnt exist, its for dragon ball ultimate mission X for hp modifier

18. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

i dont follow what you mean, 2 of the pointers, are all these for different codes all together?

19. 2
    Razorrd

Razorrd Loyal Member

I've been playing Dragon Ball Fusions (US Uncensored) and trying to create my own cheats for it as only a a few codes were fixed to work on the uncensored version with Action Replay. However, no matter how many dumps I use no pointer can be found and when checking for negative is checked none of the green ones actually work. I have also tried the built in pointer finder in Gateway RAM Tool and same problem. I assume these codes are possible to create as NTR has them in a functioning plugin. I'm just playing around with the game as most of the codes I'm looking to use are already in the functioning NTR plugin I mentioned with exceptions to a few. So, with those familiar with the game I will explain my situation in more detail below.

First, I was looking for infinite Ki. I found the Ki for the first character an actively altered in the battle and after confirming that it was right multiple times, made note of the address then I dumped the entire games memory. Then I went into a different battle where the location of the code had changed and found it for the first character again and tested it time and again so then I dumped the memory again making note of the appropriate address. I then loaded both memories into RAM Tool and converted them to raw and loaded them into TempAR and no appropriate pointers could be found and when searching for negatives green pointers were found, but didn't work. I did experiment with manually searching to find a pointer both shared and attempted to make a code out of that, but I was just messing around with this part as I'm not 100% sure if what I did was right. I followed this process multiple times for multiple dumps. I did the exact same thing for Ultra Gauge and same problem, in fact even checking negative pointers no green pointers came up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

20. 2
    Razorrd

Razorrd Loyal Member

Anybody have any tips on this?