hit tracker

First Video Preview of Exclusive Stargate 3DS Features

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Sep 22, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Sep 22, 2017 at 5:05 PM
  1. 25,649
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Enjoy The Exclusive Video Preview Below!
    [​IMG]

Stargate 3DS is getting closer to full shipping launch, in the meantime the development team has released a exclusive video preview of the launch Stargate 3DS features, and review samples are due to be shipped soon, and more great 3DS scene news is coming, so stay tuned!
    OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.stargate-3ds.com/
    Official Reseller in USA via 3DS-Flashcard.com: --> http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/49-stargate-3ds-for-all-games-on-3ds2ds-xl.html
    PRE-ORDER NOW via Shop01Media: --> http://www.shop01media.com/en/SG-3DS-Stargate-3DS-flash-card-Nintendo-3DS?tracking=55d384d869281
    PRE-ORDER NOW via ModChipFrance: --> http://modchip83.com/en/modules-puces/163-stargate-3ds.html

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Sep 22, 2017.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. 10
      hias

hias Loyal Member

Nice fingernails!

Selecting 3DS roms within DS mode in a GUI, pretty nice!
      But it needs a more good looking menu, like EvolutionDS in the old days.

Yago likes this.
    2. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I was kind-of yawning for most of it. "Sky+ does that." "Looks like AKAIO, not bad, but they could have done better."

Then it got to the part about picking the 3DS ROM from the DS menu. I will admit, that's kind-of cool. You have me up to $40 if the review holds up.

The NTRBoot feature put me right back to sleep again. Can regular B9S be flashed to it so you can run InScripted's superior "One & Done" installer? Or are you stuck running Safe B9S Installer and having to run a script that copies Luma to CTRNAND and performs the cleanup separately?

3. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

one thing i want to know is will it support cheat codes like gateway where you can easily create your own.

4. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

propably for NDS games but since the .3ds side doesn't use cfw and is just plug&play, they most likely won't for the 1st release.

Since they are providing an ntrboot method they could make/add support for a cfw that support the card and so add cheats possibility for advanced users. I mean, that possible, but will they try ? if so i'll actually buy one.

5. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

You do know the difference between FLASHCARDS and CFW right?

This like GATEWAY is not CFW, its a FLASHCARD that is plug and play, requires no system modification, your firmware remains in tact.

Like GATEWAY the cheat code feature should be possible on launch as they already have the feature on GATEWAY.

6. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

I think you misunderstood my post, Gateway use a cfw to be able to use cheats. To get cheats code working on 3ds games you'll need to patch some stuff, and for that you'll need a cfw

7. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

again, GATEWAY dont use CFW to use cheats.

Think you are mistaking its Fastboot which is a completely different thing.

If your console is 9.2 or below in which you can just plug/play then you can create cheat codes.

Think you need to know the meaning of CFW, CFW is somethign you install over your normal console firmware..... which yes would be FASTBOOT.

but its nothing to do with creating cheat codes as its not required.

My system is on 9.2 and been making codes for years..... just starting to create codes for the VITA scene.

8. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I think you are confusing the terms "exploit" and "CFW" actually. CFW just gets copied to the card and does things like signature patching in memory. It NEVER gets installed to anything. You don't get the cheat menu by popping the card in. You have to run Gateway mode. And Gateway mode IS a CFW. What you're referring to is a "modern exploit" like A9LH or B9S, as opposed to inferior early exploits like MSET and Menuhax that could be wiped out by running a DSiWare title or changing a theme (respectively). These have absolutely nothing to do with the CFW (Luma, ReiNAND, Gateway) you choose to run with them.

If you are using GW's cheat system, you are running its CFW, even if you're doing so via an inferior exploit. There's really no good reason not to be using B9S though. GW works just fine with it. You could even have it run at boot by default (I don't, I have Luma as the default and Gateway on B, but you could if you wanted to). But it's your choice.

What I have seen from the video shows no signs of a CFW tied to the card like there is with GW. So, this is clearly not going to have a cheat menu of it's own. If the card manufacturer wants to work with me, I can provide them with a one-step B9S installer which would help them to provide things like Luma and NTR Selector, though (instead of using Safe B9S Installer, which does not copy Luma to CTRNAND, and performs no cleanup).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    9. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

And to clarify, I mean as far as the 3DS scene defines those terms. From a purely technical perspective, yes, B9S is the CFW. A9LH and GW's ghetto version Fastboot were not, though, if you want to go there. They were not proper firmwares in their own right. They merely corrupted the firm partition information to run a payload. B9S is the first thing you could call a true CFW. And yes, what gets referred to as a CFW in the 3DS scene is technically just a memory patcher and would get called a "homebrew enabler" in other scenes. However, the 3DS scene is what it is. But regardless of whether you want to call them patchers or CFWs, the simple fact is that GW had one and the Stargate does not appear to. It will need one if it is to have cheat codes.

And again, if your SysNAND is still on 9.2, that's your loss. 9.2 has it's uses, but it's better off as EmuNAND #2 at this point, with SysNAND being fully updated and your first EmuNAND linked and partially updated to 11.4 (with the 11.6 friends module installed) for use with GW. And B9S is arguably easier to install than Menuhax.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    10. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

CFW = Custom Firmware, says exactly what it is, its a modified firmware that you install over your original firmware.... just like FASTBOOT.

Gateway is an exploit within the existing firmware, it makes no changes to it at all.

And no, you wont need CFW in order to use cheats, you just need a method to modify and write to the games memory..... recall devices such as ACTION REPLAY which worked on consoles that required no modification or even CFW.

Same logic, considering that GATEWAY did not require CFW in order to run, it only required a compatible FW that its exploit could work and then its cheat tool could also be used.

Using the same logic, the STARGATE 3DS has its own exploit, which should also be able to handle cheat codes same way as GATEWAY did.

While you are running STARGATE same as GATEWAY you are running the exploit/software off the cards chip to bring the features it provides.

I was just pointing out that CFW is not the method that GATEWAY works to supply cheat code features, note that it was based off the Spider AR exploit that used the QR scanner to modify the games memory...... that didnt require CFW as it was present in 9.2 OFW.

GATEWAY managed to take this and work it into its card.

11. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Um, no. Fastboot was never a CFW. It is not a proper firmware, just an exploit that corrupted the firmware. By your definition, B9S is the one true CFW. But do you really want to go around relabeling EVERYTHING within the 3DS scene and confusing everyone in the process? They're all homebrew enablers technically. Luma, ReiNAND, and Gateway are identical in that aspect. NONE of them make permanent changes to the firmware, yet they are all called "CFWs" within the 3DS scene all the same. Fine, it will need a homebrew enabler then if you want to split hairs. You're going to have to run a payload at some point. This cannot be avoided.

And no, Gatway did NOT run software off the GW cart EVER. It only loaded ROMs off of them. What was running was "Launcher.dat" on your internal SD card. I can prove that. Eject the cart once GW mode has booted. The homebrew enabler is still running fine even without it. You can launch a CIA game just fine. The cart merely serves as a protection dongle and storage device.

If that video shows anything, it is that Stargate does NOT have it's own "exploit" -- the technically correct terms being patcher or homebrew enabler since that's where you want to go with this. It uses stealth mode just like the Sky3DS+ because if it had a menu, Nintendo would have it blocked within a week (never mind it would show up as an unlicensed title, which people would then get banned for running). That's why only the DS mode has a menu. And that's why it has an option to set the 3DS ROM from the DS menu (because Nintendo has given up on blocking those and hasn't updated TWL_FIRM or the whitelist in ages). The DS games can get cheats off of that, but the 3DS mode games certainly cannot. The entire point seems to be being a hybrid of the Sky3DS+ and the DSTwo so that updates won't break it. You want a cheat menu, you're going to have to use NTRBoot to install Luma and NTR Selector.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.