hit tracker

[FIX] USB SELF POWERED - By Alfredo Guilenea

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Alfredo Guilenea, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

ARMITAGEIII <b>Mustang SuperSnake</b> Loyal Member

because Y cable dont stop the noise signal ,then ps3 will keep shutting down ,i see similar problem in high end computers with medium cheap PSU ,the problem is not the power required, the problem is when you power on the system ,noise make the self protection system to work detecting a electrical problem and shutting down all to protect itself

2. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

Alfredo Guilenea <b>Ferrari's Engineer</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Spani Loyal Member

BINGO!!!
    thats exactly what happends.

3. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

by the way ,very good job and keep helping ppl here man youre the boss with that mod ^^ ,i could do it in my own ps3 but you know ,if it work as is ,better not touch it.

4. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

Alfredo Guilenea <b>Ferrari's Engineer</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Spani Loyal Member

GREAT WORK Djirko
    im happy that someone test it out and confirm that is working.
    il update the tutorial and add that you can use 15uH 10% 335mA
    did you test it with the 22uH?
    im pretty sure it will work also.

did you had Freezing problems before you use the tutorial?
    is ok to confirm that this also fix the freezing problems and kill 2 ducks with one shot?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    thanks Amitage!
    glad to finally help with something important here.

5. 6
    Djirko

Djirko Loyal Member

My customer wanted to get his ps3 back as soon as possible, so i had very little time to play with it so, i didnt test it with 22uH inductor, but i will try on my next one. I dont know about freezing, because before this fix, it didint boot at all with self powered drive and i didnt have anything else at the moment to test that ps3, so basically i didnt get a chance to check if it was freezing before the fix or not.

6. 94
    jdut

jdut Loyal Member

tech info
    Home Page:
    http://www.xlan360.fr
    Hello

i have a strange behaviour of my hard drive using The Last Of Us (TLOU)....
    Loading a previous solo game take about 5 mn ... i can see the progress indication on the lower right corner .

it takes ages to go to 5.00 % and it restarts from beginning a lot of times .
    loading 100% of the save game take at least 5 mn
    hdd has been defragmented and it's a usb 3.0 7200 tr/mn ( with no improvment )

i was just wondering if noise problem can explain this huge loading times on that game ( especially hard drive restarting from 0.00% )...

Unfortunately , i don't have any usb pen big enough to hold TLOU iso ( 35.9Gb ) .

I was just wondering if one of you has tested TLOU before and after the mod with the inductor ?

Thanks for reading me

Jérôme

7. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

If other games works ok.
    Then your problem is the ISO and not the cobra.
    You should rebuild the iso using genps3iso

8. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

same problem here i use a usb3.0 western digital 500gb , and the iso come from a rented copy , i got stuck in the university bug (a very old one) ,then rented a diferent disc ,make a new dump ,and all work flawless . Tlou is a very bugged game even with updates ,but mine keep restarting the load from 00.00% ,is because one load is the engine ,and the second load is the "content" load.

dont think is the noise problem with the ode

to know if the game load its ok ,just load any savegame ,then go back to main menu
    and continue that game again ,then the load time should be like 5 seconds.

9. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Do you use any of the USB cables provided with the ODE? If so loose them and try again.
    Also make sure you build the iso without IRD this also causes long loading times.

10. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

i still think that problem is the ISO and not anything else.

TLOU was one of the first game that i try with the ODE

11. 94
    jdut

jdut Loyal Member

tech info
    Home Page:
    http://www.xlan360.fr
    thxs Alfredo and Sdeath

i will rebuild my iso without ird and let you know the results

EDIT : rebuild iso without ird and game load within one minute ... guess once again you were right :)
    thanks

EDIT2: when you rebuild the same iso without IRD , don't forget to delete the first iso with ird . Otherwise , cobra manager will hang and produce a black screen instead off displaying isos from hard drive

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  12. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

The USB cables can have the same symptoms and also cause freezes.
    But in this case the iso was at fault, still a good thing to get rid of those USB cables, mine worked fine for months then started to cause massive freezes.

13. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.NewGameX.com
    Hello Alfredo Guilenea,

I reached 100 PCS Cobra ODE QSV model last Friday, will arrive 500 pcs more in one month. Today, I installed 7 pcs Cobra ODE QSV by me and saw freezing problem for 2 pcs in advance, now the 2 pcs Cobra ODE lie down in a corner.

I had seen your topic for a few days ago and remembered your solution way, tomorrow morning test your style. I didn't use microhenry inductor so far at all and I'm a little worried to find microhenry inductor here.

As result the question is that: which one is the most appropriate to use of them; inductor 18μH or 15μH or 22μH ?

Thank you in advance.

14. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

Hi kalkhedon. You would not have any problems with none of the 3 kind of inductors.
    I use 18uh because i have like 800.
    i allready sold 10 cobras. And all of them the client use the toshiba or wd hard drive. And i dont hve any complainst at the moment.
    All diferent models.
    I tested in 2k5. 3k and 4k and they work on all of them.
    Also i tested on a 2101A (that is my personal ps3).

And works also.

You dont have to worry about it it should work with any of the 3 kind of inductors

15. 49
    mich_e_l2000

mich_e_l2000 Loyal Member

hello Alferedo
    really your fix gave me hope again coz I have 7 cobra QSV boards freezing the whole ps3
    I will try your fix and let you know later about my test

but I would like to know ....what is the conductor ...is it looks like resistor ????

I have also 2 bricked pieces .....do u have any fix please for them ????
    and after that fix ...will I unplug the internal power supply ??? or I have to give it external power ???
    thanks a lot

16. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

The conductor is just a coil. here in argentina they are call Bobina de inductancia.
    here you have one on ebay
    http://www.ebay.es/itm/Inductancia-bobina-de-18-uH-axial-/190812648194

and here you have the color code
    http://www.elexp.com/t_induct.htm

you can go to a electronic supply store or a profesional electronic with the picture of the inductor and ask them, they have to know what is call in your lenguage.

im still hoping that magneto test this and tell us something about it.
    it would really be of help. and if magneto can show me some schematics of the board. so i can repair a few damaged boards that i have.

what are the problems of that 2 bricked boards that you have?
    i can try to help you with that.

17. 49
    mich_e_l2000

Thanks so much sir ,
    I will ask my local electronic parts supplier to buy some of these

I have 2 bricked pieces , just give me red led for just a second then the led completely turn off , and ofcourse do not resond to any updates,,,, I think they are bricked by me coz of so much trials to know why they are freezing and tried to load the previous bootloader 1.1 so they are now bricked .... is there any way by which I can reset them ?.

18. 529
    diablothebest

diablothebest Loyal Member

19. 49
    mich_e_l2000

I tried that tutorial but software give me the usb id as 0000 0000 , it must be 0471 df55 ,,,,,
    But it gave me just zeroes , so the tutorial can not continue

20. 312
    Alfredo Guilenea

that is weird.
    i think we need to ask magneto and see if we can flash them by force.
    because all the boards including the QSV. have a JTAG connector. we can ask him if that port is for flashing the memory on the chip. probably they use them to Flash the memory directly with serial.