hit tracker

flashing replacement liteon: help plz

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by Iamnuts, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 5
    Iamnuts

Iamnuts Loyal Member

Hi All,

My liteon 74850 IX 1.6 has stopped reading disks so I got a replacemnet drive, exactly the same liteon 74850, how do I flash this drive with LT and use the key from the original drive.

Do I use the dummy.bin from the ix16 or do i use the original 74850c.bin that comes with LT, also do i then just paste in my old key.

mtia

2. 6,626
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Read the Jungleflasher guide, since you have the drive key you can go straight to flashing.

3. 0
    rory2005

rory2005 Guest

just dump the hacked firmware of the old drive (jungleflasher get key from ixtreme) and write onto the new drive and hey presto

4. 100
    peapod

peapod Loyal Member

Hi

If your original drive stopped reading disks, then I presume the laser is bad....why dont you just replace the drive board?

5. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

yes he can do that,he can also swap drive boards ie: put the existing board into the replacement drive but,if that dont correct the prob he will have to get the info and flash the replacement.

just power on the drive with tray half open.open jungleflasher,dvdkey page,use dummy from ixtreme feature.when you extract all the info it should load into source file of firmware tool page.

if you look at the user guide for jungleflasher you will see how to load up the lt firmware and how to erase the drive and flash the lt to it.

you just load lt firmware as target,hit the spoof source to target button,your key will appear in lt firmware.then save it.

then you can proceed to liteon erase and erase the drive and choose to write it.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  6. 5
    Iamnuts

Iamnuts Loyal Member

Thank you all for your help, got it done but had to use dosflash to finaly flash the drive.