hit tracker

For peoples who bricked their 3DS and don't have a nand backup

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Davhuit, Apr 29, 2015.

1. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

And so, who now have two black screens, you might be able to fix it by holding "L+R+UP+A" during the boot, which should give you the recovery screen.

We already knew about that (so it's not a new method) but as people often brick their 3DS trying to update to the last version (with a rom or other methods, for example), of course, recovery mode doesn't find any new updates and can update the 3DS.

But seems you can fix your 3DS is you try to update with a higher update.

Here's one example : http://gbatemp.net/threads/bricked-my-n3ds.387735/#post-5471163

The guy tried to update to 9.2 and bricked his 3DS, but managed to update in the recovery mode to the last version (9.7), and now, his 3DS is working fine again.

Not the best, of course, but it's better to have a 9.7 working 3DS than a bricked one, as you can always trade/sell the 9.7 one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. 1,053
    gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Loyal Member

another tip is RTFM in future, your lucky this method exists, whenever you do any sort of hacking/modding ALWAYS have a backup plan should things go wrong i.e made a nand dump and only mod stuff if you know whats going to happen or your prepared for the worst

3. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

I guess some peoples are a bit "impatient".

I read several tutorials/watched several videos/asked several questions before I received my gateway so I was pretty sure what to do but I guess it too much time for some peoples :/ (took a few hours to do so).