hit tracker

FTC warns that Warranty-Voiding Stickers on Consoles are in-fact illegal

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 12, 2018.

By GaryOPA on Apr 12, 2018 at 8:00 PM
  1. 25,322
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    All big 3 'gaming companies', Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft have been 'warned' by FTC for their usage of 'Void Stickers'
    [​IMG]

The biggest fear of those that love to open up their 'consoles' to mod or change parts inside, may soon be over as the big 3 have warned to stop using those nasty 'Warranty Is Void If Removed Stickers' which are in-fact illegal, so don't worry, be happy, rip them off!
    So good news for gamers that love to mod in the USA, now we just need similar changes in EU and other smaller markets! :)

NEWS SOURCE:FTC warns that, yes, those warranty-voiding stickers on consoles are illegal (via) Gamasutra

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 12, 2018.

1. 954
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

Not sure how I feel about this one. I LOVE that consumers get to have more control over their own devices by axing this rule. However, I believe that it's more important to let a company have control over their warranty (within reason) so that they aren't getting stuck servicing a lot of devices that were abused by idiots that won't take responsibility for the fact they OPENED their sealed box and broke it.