hit tracker

G6 Lite For DS - Super Small DS Flash Cart Review!!!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Jul 5, 2006.

1. 22
    The_geezer

The_geezer Loyal Member

ok am i right ( Hope So ) each NDS game takes up 512mb slot so a 4gb card can hold 8 NDS games. and is this only on NDS games. if i was going to just add GBA games would i get about 80 to 120 roms it.

if i'm wrong which i bet i am can someone please explane to me in idots terms about this 512mb tops thing :confused:

2. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

The G6 Lite is 4Gb NOT GB! So 4Gb = 512MB

The G6 Lite comes in 3 flavors:

1G = 1 Gb = 1024 bit = 128MB = .125GB
    2G= 2 Gb = 2048 bit= 256MB = .25GB
    4G= 4 Gb = 4096 bit = 512MB = .5GB

Ok, now for the rom info:

The New Super Mario Bros game is 256Mbit or 32MB. Most games range from 246Mbit to 512Mbit but now there is a 1024Mbit which is being used by newer games.

DS ROM Sizes:

32Mbit = 4MB
    64Mbit = 8MB
    128Mbit = 16MB
    256Mbit = 32MB
    512Mbit = 64MB
    1024Mbit = 128MB

So if you had a G6 Lite 4G you could put an average of 16 DS games at 256Mbit/32MB per game. But if you like the bigger games, which are most of the big releases and best games, you could put only 8 DS games on at 512Mbit/64MB per game. This doesn't include any music, GBA games, videos, etc...

Now if you had a Supercard Mini-SD and a 1GB card you could put 32 DS games at 256Mbit/32MB per game. Or if you're like me you can get a 2GB Mini-SD and put 64 DS games at 256Mbit/32MB per game. Or if you like the bigger games and like I said the "Good Games" its 16 DS games on the 1GB or 32 on the 2GB.

DS games that wil fit based on 64MB per game:

G6 Lite 4G = 8 DS games
    SuperCard 1GB mini-SD = 16 DS games
    SuperCard 2GB mini-SD = 32 DS games

Games that will fit on average:

G6 Lite 4G = 8-19 DS games
    SuperCard 1GB mini-SD = 16-37 DS games
    SuperCard 2GB mini-SD = 32-56 DS games

Right now on my ATP ProMax 150X 2GB Mini-SD card I have 41 DS games, 41 DS saves, 8 GBA games, 8 GBA saves, REIN, NDSMail, Moonshell, and few pictures and I'm still ONLY using 1.69GB! I have a little over 256MB for more games and apps which is only the size of the G6 Lite 2G!

You can see where we are going with this: Save your money and pick up a Supercard Mini-SD or wait for the next round of devices in the next month or two.

FifthE1ement :D

3. 125
    _stryder_

_stryder_ Loyal Member

Not a big deal

I can see why people are getting a little pissed with the memory capacity but lets be real...

You are paying for the physical size of the cart more than anything, not ot mention it has the emu's etc.. ready to go.

I have over 3GB worth of DS roms which i have been Downloading over the past week in anticipation of getting my DS lite (which i bought last week). This is my first DS however I am no noob to the DS scene.

Realistically who plays more than 3-4 games at once?? I have a psp with loads of games and can get 4-8 games on my 2GB memory stick and i only play a couple at a time really.

I can understand people want their entire rom collection with them all the time but it practice this wastes space for other things...

For for me the memory size is acceptable...

Well that my 2 cents..

4. 24
    missingdata

missingdata Loyal Member

Amen, brother!!!:cool:

5. 460
    DeVS

DeVS Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.DeVSTech.com
    Agree, 512mb is more then enough for games for the average person. You will run into the odd ball who thinks they need all 50 games on the DS at once knowing full well they dont play more then 4 of them.

6. 121
    Ryouga

Ryouga Loyal Member

For games yes, that's true (unless games get bigger than 128MB which is entirely possible) or they want to watch series.

7. 268
    City Ninja

City Ninja Loyal Member

Does G6 Lite support Real Time Clock?

8. 121
    Ryouga

Ryouga Loyal Member

No. The only cart on market right now for both DS & GBA that supports RTC is the m3 and not the m3pro.

9. 274
    bootyhuntah

bootyhuntah Loyal Member

Preflashed with Flashme.nds Nintendo DS

I'm wondering (hypothetical question) if I have a Nintendo DS flashed with flashme.nds do I have less compatibility with NDS and GBA games then if I were to buy the new MK4 key or the mini version to use instead of a preflashed Ninteno DS with flashme.nds and used the G6 flash cart? Remember this is a hypothetical question as I don't own a Nintendo DS and am doing research before stepping into the water---so to speak. If there is a link to this info I would be happy to read it, please provide. So basically is it better to go with the MK4 or MK4-mini or even the passcard three instead of preflashing flashme.nds on a Nintendo DS to use with the G6 flashcart? :)

10. 273
    galaxykidgamma

galaxykidgamma Loyal Member

student
    Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/microsonic
    okay, i'm assuming this is basically a list of the codecs included with the ACE mega codec pack or whatever on the cd (at least that's what it was on my m3's cd) so like, these are the formats that can be converted into *.gbm and *.gbs or can it actually read these formats? that would be incredible but i doubt it

11. 0
    wAbee271

wAbee271 Guest

I'm also really interested in the "media player". How does it work? Can you actually put Quicktime files on the thing? Do videos play at 30fps? What kind of playback controls/interface does it have?

Thanks for the great review and pics! :)

12. 268
    City Ninja

City Ninja Loyal Member

so the only way to have a pseudo-RTC is to use the Real Time Saves? the states will keep the information right? it replaces having to save at saves spots (ie Castlevania)

13. 0
    C.in-fvr3

C.in-fvr3 Guest

U dont need a passkey in combination with this? only the g6 lite nds lite edition for my nds lite and i'm ready to download and play games?

14. 0
    godisturbed

godisturbed Guest

What is RTC and should I be bothered if its not availible?

15. 0
    CyrusVirus

CyrusVirus Guest

You do need a passkey device unless your set is flashed. :D

16. 0
    timts

timts Guest

the only way to play without a passkey is to use wifime, which I never tried myself. now I just use an ezpass3 with g6lite.

17. 74
    Kazooie77

Kazooie77 Loyal Member

Do you still need Passme3 card if you did Flashme on your DS-lite???

18. 21
    yozalo

yozalo Loyal Member

g6

i am just wondering do you need a mmc card or sd card.

19. 552
    MR_COW

MR_COW Loyal Member

Neither, no cards. The G6 Lite is 512MB big, and thats all. The internal, no SD cards needed.

20. 21
    yozalo

yozalo Loyal Member

g6 lite touchsceen

I was interested in buying a g6 lite but i was concered if i were to play a game would the touch sceen work.

thx