hit tracker

game dumping using multiman and ftp

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ISO's) Discussion' started by trodgers03, Dec 2, 2013.

1. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Also the 2nd dump is IRD verified this was Battlefield 3 Limited Edition (BLES01275).

Would this work dumping BluRay movies too?

2. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

I don't know :)
    If u have a movie try and tell me

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Will try tomorrow as it's getting close to bedtime now. Early shift tomorrow.
    Thanks again for this find, why didn't I think of it.
    BTW I used MCU 1.8 and the same multiMAN version as you did.

When I put in the movie BluRay it will give me a this operation is not allowed error.
    And the BluRay drive won't show in fileZilla. Too bad.

4. 25
    Ozii

Ozii Loyal Member

Dumping works? :confused-new: :eek-new:

??? What about 5.?

5. 23
    trodgers03

trodgers03 Loyal Member

HOT DAMN THIS WORKS PERFECT sorry for the delay i had to work and just left it running while i was gone thanks a million

6. 245
    Grant Houle

Grant Houle Loyal Member

Does it have to be multiMAN 4.46.04.iso to work or can a newer version be used?

7. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

Sweet, this comes in handy, I keep on getting region rips for outside my region and I would prefer to rip on my own (lol last rip I got was from Brazil and I'm up in North America).

8. 250
    bearded

bearded Loyal Member

I am glad that someone found a fix to allow game dumping, however, I do have concerns about switching from EMU to PT mode while the console is powered on, as the Cobra manual mentions several times this should never be done.

I don't know why it shouldn't be done, but maybe get magneto or another from Team Cobra to weigh in on any negative effects this could possibly have.

For all we know, this could lead to hardware failure of the Cobra device, or the console itself. (most people don't just unplug an internal hdd and plug in a dvd drive in its place while the computer is running, and I think that is essentially what you are doing.

9. 245
    Grant Houle

Grant Houle Loyal Member

Could someone provide a more detailed tutorial? I've followed the 7 steps listed in this thread and I'm not having any luck. When I try to run multiman from the game menu my PS3 freezes. When I restart the PS3 the multiman ico appears instead of the Cobro icon and when I select it, it appears to install, but tell me install is incomplete. When I run multiman from the video menu it doesn't freeze the PS3, appears to install, but again, same thing. I get the message the the installation was incomplete. In either case, multiman does run. So I eject the disc, switch to PT, insert the disc I want to copy, go to my PC and run Filezilla, and as soon as I connect to my PS3 it freezes. HELP?

10. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Are you sure you used the ODE version? I used 4.46.04 or something like that.

11. 15
    NEKSUS

NEKSUS Loyal Member

Please tell me how to connect the PS3 to the PC via Filezilla?

12. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

Try to delete the game data of multiman

13. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

i already have this in the back of my mind. i'm just afraid to switch to pt from emu while ps3 is on. Can we make a tutorial for this? by the way, i don't think we still need ird for this one coz you're dumping from an original disc. by the way gas, expect a gift from magneto. lol!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  14. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

The harm that can cause a dameg to the cobra ode by turning of the console while it's updating the boot loader or the bad soldering .even if we use the wrong cabele from qsb to cobra nothing bad hapend .
    And I dont think magneto is watching this article at all lol :)

15. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

You don't need it to verify the files, but you might need it to build the full 1:1 iso. Just using the files and creating a iso without IRD won't create a perfect 1:1 copy of the disc. Some sectors on the original disc are encrypted, and for some games there are a lot of them and for some there are a few. The IRD file contains that information too. So not using a IRD file won't make an exact 1:1 copy of the game. Most games themself don't care, but up to now only one game needed to be build with IRD to function. That game was Crysis3 without using the IRD to build it would give a error trying to run the game.
    That's the reason why we won't use IRD files to build the game, the COBRA needs to decrypt all those sectors and that causes the performance issue.

16. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

Yeah i understand. By the way, can you also try copying dev_bdvd to an external drive plugged in front of ps3? I think it's possible as long as it's formatted to fat32.

17. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

Yes it works .. but as I said if the game has 4+ GB files you have to join them

18. 303
    parenghames

parenghames Loyal Member

Yeah and i'm familiar with that and i know how to join them. If that's the case, i'll just copy the game in front of the ps3 usb instead of ftping. By the way, what came to your mind that you decided to switch the emu to pt while ps3 is running even if the manual says no to do so?

19. 436
    Jock O'Strap

Jock O'Strap Loyal Member

Singstar also allows to remove the disc without causing quit to xmb, even allows playing ps2 singstar discs on non BC consoles. No surprise that Deank is smarted than Sony.

20. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I don't think it will damage the ODE itself, but the team said not to switch as it would cause corruption or other weird issues when you do it while in game.
    Except for multiMAN as that probably get's loaded in the RAM memory and doesn't access the disc/ODE after that.
    I received the 3k3y Ripp3r today and it works nice. Speed is about the same as with using FTP I guess.
    So right now the only advantages are over using gas awesome find:
    - IRD file creation.
    - Can still use the PS3 while ripping (I borrowed a lot of games from a colleague 30 games so this is a big plus for the coming weeks).
    - Can't harm the COBRA ODE in any way possible. =-)

gas likes this.