hit tracker

Games Master: Bayonetta is the first 'truly next-generation' action game

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 19, 2009.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Reviews are rolling in for Bayonetta in Europe and the title is being very well received. Games Master has lavished some major praise on the title, claiming that it is the first truly next generation game and sets the standard for everyone else to follow.

<blockquote>Bayonetta the highly anticipated action game from Platinum games has been getting some great review scores from the critics. Game Master UK has published another great review for Bayonetta in their Christmas issue by giving the game an excellent 93 out 100 score:

“The first truly “next generation†action game and the standard everyone else has to follow. [Christmas 2009, p.70]â€</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.vgarabia.com/2009/12/19/game-master-uk-bayonetta-is-the-first-truly-next-generation-action-game/" target="_Blank">VGarabia.com</a>

2. 588
    lostn

lostn Loyal Member

What is a 'next gen' game? Do they define it? Assassin's Creed claimed the same thing.

3. 1,817
    sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

The game is just like DMC. It's tons of fun, but I still prefer the GoW or Ninja Gaiden style of character progression versus the "you have to play each level over and over again to be able to collect everything" style.

4. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Well the game seems fun enough, this chick is officially one of my favorite video game chicks, joining Samus, Lenneth among other ass kicking femmes, BUT what's so different about this game? Nice graphics which a lot of games have, a battle style that is very reminiscent of DMC and GOW (that is of course NOT a bad thing). Anyways, as fun as the demo was it's not telling me that the game is doing anything that different over others.

5. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    I tried the Dante's Inferno and Baynoetta demo'es the same day, and i think Dante's Inferno was much better.. not to mention it had better GFX at instant 60 fps.
    It felt like a real arcade game, and thats RARE on consoles since Dreamcast days.

6. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Same here, they're both really similar though, I think Bayonetta handles more swiftly shall I say, I would say that Dante is stronger... but GODDAMN that woman's hair is something fierce... and gruesome.

I think the main difference between both games for me is the story line, or more the topic and setting of it because both deal with some rather fantastical stuff. The most surprising thing though, was how well an EA published game is running on the ps3... THAT was freaky.

7. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Yes, its freaky that Dantes Inferno engine was perfect on PS3. There was no lag anywhere, and it looked very good several places.

I dont like these games that much, but i liked Devil May Cry 4 and Too Human.
    Maybe i buy Dantes Inferno.

Todays consoles is more powerful of course than the older, but there is too damn many games running at only 30 fps nowadays. It was refreshing with Dantes Inferno, Resistance 2 and COD 6, and how fluid they are compared to most other newer games.

Some years ago it was most common with 60 fps games especially on Gamecube and Dreamcast. Xbox did sadly get alot of 30 fps games, and it looked like alot of devs continued with that. :(

8. 3,748
    MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

I have played the god of war series/remakes, DMC series, dante's inferno and this game can only be described as the epitome of action games.

Its over the top, the storyline is interesting and mildly humorous, the action scenes are beter than any blockbuster, the lead character is likeable....

....and MAN the game literally plays like a hot knife through butter. There are tons and tones of moves, which connect to each other in such a natural way that you cannot put down the gamepad. None of that grating moments of god of war battle where you feel like you are fighting a losing battle or the awkward running and moment in DMC, and defnately not the hodgepodge of dante's inferno.

Bayonetta is fighting game perfection. Even I am shocked at how much I love it.

9. 512
    mcmanic

mcmanic Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Bayonetta is a great game, truely mental with massive bosses and some serious gameplay. DMC looks tame in comparision

10. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I think the chick looks like an arse and gamesmaster hasn't been relevant for at least ten years :p

11. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Final Fantasy XIII and Gran Turismo 5 are real Next generation game.

12. 1,587
    Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

Agreed with you every goddamn word, my friend.

This game is a blessing for combo freak; Devil May Cry 4 pales in comparison.

This is simply the best action game since Devil May Cry 3:SE.

Bayonetta and GTA:Episodes from Liberty City are the games of 2009 for me.

13. 430
    The_Nothing

The_Nothing Loyal Member

GT5 is a piece of overrated garbage. Played the demo, terrible. Boring, no crash physics at all, freaking bumper cars. Thats not next gen.

I'll take Dirt 2, Forza 3 over it.

But yeah, Bayonetta is really something else. Its no wonder why it was given a 40/40 rating in Famitsu. Not even Final Fantasy XIII got a 40/40 from them.

Also other websites like CVG gave Bayonetta a perfect 10 rating.

So its not only Famitsu who feels like the game is amazing. This will probably get better reviews then God of War 3.

14. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

Bayonetta KICKS ARSE!!!!!

Sarah palen is a great char for killing demons...

Game looks sick though and is a nice change of pace from shooters and racing clones we have been getting the last few months.

Im sick of racing sims and crap and its been a long time since dmc4 came out. Perfect timing well last month would have been perfect timing but close enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  15. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    Umm both are nice for the genre but neither brings anything to the table thats going to attract gamers that didn't like the first 12 FF's or the first for GT's. Bayonetta and Dante's both offers something rare...not entirely unique but something that hasnt been done to death already.

16. 613
    CharmedonWB

CharmedonWB Loyal Member

Basically, this is not the first time a developer has claimed that such and such game is the definitive next gen game...this is yet another hype machine at work

17. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

One thing though... did anybody else find Bayonetta's "taunting" to be just plain weird? I was hoping she was going to be all b*tchy or sexy about it... but those movements are just weird. What's the point of taunting in this game anyways?

18. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

best definition so far for most over hyped "next generation" games... :eek:

19. 4
    joneback

joneback Loyal Member

It is a nice game but I still prefer the Ninja Gaiden style of character progression versus the you have to play each level over and over again to be able to collect everything.

20. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

i think with a certain accessory u can regain health with taunting or something.

anyway the games pretty good.

basically dmc but with a female.

good visuals, plenty of action.

8/10 is my verdict.