hit tracker

Gateway 3DS releases Video Proof of NEW 3DS Native v9.2 Support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25,614
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    It is almost here, the big 9.2 update from Gateway 3DS

You all have seen by now the Sky3DS and R5 in action on the NEW 3DS handheld, but now here is Gateway 3DS showing off how it will work soon, once the final testing is done on the big native 9.2 update

[​IMG]

It only been TWO weeks since the Gateway 3DS team announced they hit a major milestone in making their 3DS FlashCart work on the latest NEW 3DS model and the horrible 9.x firmwares from Nintendo, and now here is the first video proof that soon we will all be enjoying the Gateway 3DS Flashcart on the latest consoles and firmwares.

What more can be said, like GW says a video is worth a thousand words, so stay tuned for the BIG 9.x RELEASE coming soon! :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    themuse, lemanuel and Penchinon like this.
  2. 119
    Penchinon

Penchinon Loyal Member

Multi ROM support is excellent, and most of you should be relieved by the confirmation of support for foreign software. Release should be soon I take it?

3. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

only 2 words needed... FUCK YEAH!

4. 6
    lionyouko

lionyouko Loyal Member

Fuck, do not make us wait more two qeeks! Everyday I came to the page expecting to found something new. GWTeam, release this update fastly!!!!

Xenogears V likes this.
  5. 15
    NickMc53

NickMc53 Loyal Member

Is it still unclear whether or not the new release will have emunand? That's the only big feature I didn't catch. Trying to figure out why they would tell interested parties to stay on 4.5 if they could.

themuse likes this.
  6. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

well i guess i am now , now that GW released their new video, everything confirmed working except emunand(not shown) , which i can't see why it wouldn't work since everything else is working , someone told me AU ships with 9.0
    so either garys post about it "shipping with the same fw as jap" is wrong or the jap consoles are shipping with 9.0 too now,
    can anyone confirm?
    now if only i can find somewhere to import one from to US

7. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

yes if gary could try and get some sort of confirmation about emunand for us that would be great,

but i sure do hope they hold the release till after EU and US rollout of N3ds with any luck we can get launch day N3ds with compatible FW
    but i am not going to chance i think , i might just import an AU console now

i can't see any reason for emunand not to work .obviously this is another kernel exploit, no reason it would not have emunand , GW will need it to keep 100% compatibility

8. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

... and there was much rejoicing.

But I guess we don't have to worry about emunand until the next revision. For now the current firmware is enough. But we may need emunand if the exploit gets patched.

9. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

sky3ds is doomed. They lost at the poker game thinking they could win.

10. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

Should be said "A video is worth a thousand thumbs"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. 25,614
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Yah, my english is so super bad, now after living for 5 years in spanish only country.

12. 4
    Ted

Ted Loyal Member

Currently I have a 3DSLL running native 9.2.0-20J system and a gateway 3DS card which has 2.6 firmware.
    I want to ask that can I update my gateway3DS card to support 9.2, only with the 9.2 system 3DS? Or I need any other device to update the firmware of the gateway 3DS card first??

13. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

I had an old colleague who teaches english classes out of Spain, he loves it there and he's gonna keep going back to teach there. He says its beautiful, he learned about there ways and went site seeing. He doesn't want to come back to the US.

14. 500
    RazorX2014

RazorX2014 Loyal Member

Computer/Console Repair
    im sad to see the new 3ds looks pretty much the same because my 3ds has a vertical line on the right side of the top screen which can only be off the bottom screen because its smaller and the plastic edge is not flush so i guess its marked the top screen i dont know if other people have this issue but if you do it looks like it will still happen on the newest one too.

as for emunand i can take it or leave it clearly the gateway cartridge works aswel as cia's so if thats on the official 9.2.0 firmware then bring it on.

15. 119
    Penchinon

Penchinon Loyal Member

My JP N3LL arrived with 8.1 firmware, but it may depend on when the unit itself was manufactured. In other words, although I ordered my machine about two weeks ago, if the seller had bought the unit from the first shipment and just not sold it until now, it would be possible for other N3LLs to come with 9.x natively if they originated from a later batch.

I purchased mine from a seller on Amazon, ended up costing me about $240, and now I'm seeing they have sellers there putting it out for $210. Should be easy to acquire.

That seems rather pointless, considering the foreign releases for the console besides Australia look to be about four months from now, by which point there will certainly be firmware updates. The cost of an N3LL isn't significantly higher than an NA XL, and if for whatever reason you're interested in playing NA or EU region ROMs they did confirm the new release will still be region free.

16. 33
    louagn18o3

louagn18o3 Loyal Member

It is fappening !!!!!

17. 5
    Wind_Drake

Wind_Drake Loyal Member

My New 3DS XL arrived from Australia with 9.0 on it. Case anyone was wondering.

themuse likes this.
  18. 7
    Wengier

Wengier Loyal Member

I just ordered a New Nintendo 3DS from Australia to North America too. Just hope everything works fine, especially any NA-region games.

19. 15
    crashn

crashn Loyal Member

where to get the bigger 3ds from australia to us?

20. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

play-asia is a possibility

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.