hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,397
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 106
      liomajor

liomajor Loyal Member

No one knows if he's already flagged for ban, what it did cause for each one (it might be different for everyone!),
      will "preventing" actualy trigger it or break needed functions? And what is with upcomming updates / changes?

Spending time for that is a waste.

Just get real, if you don't want to get banned, buy a (second) new console and never mess around with it.

Well, staying offline and never use wlan might work too.

Kexploit = Only working until patched

NDS Flashcard = Cheap, safer than HardwareMOD and can't get patched unless changes in Hardware.

2. 22
      Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Loyal Member

@GaryOPA

Any news about the big update ??

3. 25,397
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Last I hear was announcement was planned for next week, and that update was last week, so that means THIS week we should hear something, now from what I gather its an 'announcement' with a video, and maybe more open private beta, with public beta coming soon after that before the end of THIS month.

JFSAINTS, phr3ak, RENI and 5 others like this.
    4. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Thanks for the update Gary. I look forward to hearing something by EOM June.

5. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

So they make last year a beta for Time Machine and Al9Hax (AKA Gateway Fast Boot) that is not only still not finished at this point but has just been overcome by new better exploits, having Time Machine as a s*itty app that never really worked that well as we were told by the team. Something funny because i spend 6 f* months waiting to downgrade from 10.3 because of the fear that Plailect Downgrader still had a strange case when you could get frankenfirmware, expecting the GW tools would be flawless as they told us "NOT TO DOWNGRADE, OUR TOOLS WILL RULE". Still waiting for it, anyway, they are still "beta tools".

And now, after hearing for months how the new BIG update would be only one week ahead of the february announcement (something that after months some enlighted guy of the team finally deleted on their february post on the GW official site) and a lot of updates from the team saying to GaryOPA "yes yes soon soon next week next week next week a guy is ill but soon soon soon on may may may well well well not ready not ready soon ready soon ready soon ready..."

... You go and tell me that now comes a new "Open Private?" Beta that will follow a Public Beta that will follow a Public release?

After one year? After a february update saying "it will only take 1 or 2 weeks"? After not closing last beta? After lot of new brilliant exploits that just blowed up the 3DS? After march april may half of june Gary's updates telling him around the corner?

Do you really expect me to believe after years of stupid soon(tm) support that these guys are managing this situation on a profesional way? For real? Just to no break or brick their 3DS Users? Still that excuse even knowing how they managed the clon affair?

The only goddamn reason im expecting a help from this guys is because i wanted to support for overclocking features for New 3DS on .3ds game files. A stupid feature so easy to put out that its been on CFW for years. And im still waiting for the Bug Tracker and new features petition on this web to have an answer from them, just an answer.

Because time ago i blamed GaryOPA for bringing news that turned out to be bulls*it but now i understand its not his fault, its just that these guys should be ashamed just for the way they keep lying to all of us. All.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
      Paco Diaz likes this.
    6. 14
      Shadiclink

Shadiclink Loyal Member

can't wait for their next announcement.

7. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

So you wrote all of that to say what exactly? It wasn't clear. Are you saying you don't believe gateway has an update? Or that gateway sucks? Or that you will switch to CFW going forward?

If any of those would have been easier, faster to just say so. If you hate GW, fine. Why post to a thread about pending GW updates?

I don't get it

8. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

if you are not happy, use Luma.
      Well you know people sometime want to let us know their thought even when it's unecessary

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    9. 13
      kublai

kublai Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      I hear gateway has changed name to stairway and went to heaven?

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    10. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

I dont need you to get it. My message is simple as hell.

Its necessary, what i feel really sad is that some people here expect to critic the negative messages about Gateway politics just because they constantly need to lick some asses and counterattack with the stupid Luma answer instead of report the bad manners that this group have with their users.

You constantly say "get it over, this is their way", something i accepted since i bought GW cards a year ago. You constantly say "they deliver what they promise", something true since they first appeared until the Time Machine/Fast Boot mess, which is hold in beta for one year, even when GW kept telling me to not use any tool that wasnt from them, and to wait till they launch the official files "soon".

Im not one of those users pissed off for years and years of Soon. GaryOPA knows how much i trusted their product and their team until i exploded seeing how what was delivered didnt helped after months of promises and emails telling me "not to downgrade until out tools are ready"

Im pissed off for something you guys dont see, trying to be fanboys defenders: the way they have managed their support in the last year is a complete mess. Its as simple as that. Its not about believing they wont deliver their update (i know they will) and its not about calling GW a bunch of turds freely, because they started this years ago and they still support the user as i know they will keep doing that till the 3DS dies.

Im just reporting that their behaviour is lame, extremely lame, and its not something about support, its about the way they are treating their own consumers and the Administrator of this page.

Dont you want to see it? Why? Because you need defend them? Because you are tired of GW jokes and GBATemp users criticism? I defended GW their! For nothing, if im honest.

Open your eyes and free your face from their butts, but im not expecting that, i guess. At least from a guy that call himself "GatewayBugReport" while the last bugfix came from september.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    11. 95
      GatewayBugReport

just made this account to report their bugs when they asked for, and I am not creative so yeah, I personnaly don't spend my time on gbatemp, I know it's full of Luma fanboy but whatever.

12. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

We get it, you are mad. It's understandable. I am not defending them, please keep that in mind. However, it's always how they have been. Every person who has had gateway since the beginning knows this. We know when theybsay soon we are waiting at the minimum for a month. Whenever they say soon I always think ok so in the next six months.

One other thing that you need to understand is that Gateway, for whatever convoluted reason, calls most of their releases betas. They are not beta releases. They are the full release. Maybe they say beta meaning it still needs more work. Most companies only release public beta for a short time and then pull them a few days later. When Gateway puts beta....... you should just ignore the beta part.

Now I in no way condone these actions. It is ridiculous. Its also the reason I went with Luma for my black friday n3ds. I still have a gateway original 3ds which I am patiently waiting for an update to. But tye only reason im patient about it is because i have the Luma n3ds.

Be pissed. Rant. Do whatever you want. Just know that the only reason we tell you to understand and be patient isnt because we are defending gateway. Its because we are used to it.

diego93 and KhenemetHeru like this.
    13. 1,437
      powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

The Gateway team are not the best with customer support, much less so now that their profit margin is almost dead with the release of Luma and other CFWs that allow you to play roms without a card.

14. 106
      liomajor

liomajor Loyal Member

GW had a lot chances but is always "soonish" and slow. GW's own adaption to a9lh is horrible and costed a lot support.

The best solution is to mix GW with free g9s installation (like i offer in my tutorial), 11.4+ Support and to add firm protection!

15. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Chinese teams have and never will be successful. To be honest i dont think the team knows what they are doing. This has dragged out far to long now. Im hoping the prove me wrong but im not holding my breath.

16. 95
      GatewayBugReport

17. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Jesus Christ. Grow up. No one cares about your whinefest. I swear the scene went to shit. People like you cry about everything to everyone. You have nothing better to do?
      Isn't it the CFW that is causing online ban wave? That's why I like emunand so I can (hopefully) maintain my online presence.

18. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

Of course, is really entertaining to see how folks like you lose their time answering to my comments in an angry way. Makes you get angry for nothing and demostrates how you really care about my whinefest. :)

Anyway, good luck with non emunand ban. Im still keeping my word, but i apreciate Cameron words. He's not judging, he's getting the point and replayed my words in an undestanding way.

Ive been in the scene since Dark Alex PSP days and i know what respect to users mean as i know really well how some developers dont only not respect users, but humilliate them.

I care about you too, Joker'sChild.

19. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

20. 25,397
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      The only part that Chinese is factory and staff that answer sales emails, and of course shipping dept.

If they were truly chinese like other flashcarts, you would all be buying a second or third or fourth GW cart by now, instead of getting a FREE update after 4 years, or they would have disappeared over two years ago, and changed brand names twice over, like all the other chinese ones and webshops that change names faster than you can count to 10. :)

(Note, I am not being racist here, to those that are Chinese reading this comment, I am just stating my opinion based on facts and experience, from seeing everything how it operates over there, and living there myself for 2 years, and being married to chinese girl for 5)

Cameron, JFSAINTS and phr3ak like this.