hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,397
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 34
      AroundTheCorner

AroundTheCorner Loyal Member

I know you're sworn to secrecy and all that, but can you at least tell us - is this going to be much better than what the homebrewers have (including eventually ntrboothax )?

2. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

Lucky indeed! :D Looking for mine to change soon too.

3. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

The countdown starts when the website updates with a download button. Until then we behave like good little GW owners/users.

4. 41
      IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Another month has passed and nothing happened
      Three minutes of silence please
      [​IMG]
      Vamp.

5. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

I think the Gateway team do not know what they are doing. They keep putting a release off and making excuses. Personally i have gone to CFW and dont need the update anyway. Its now becoming a joke.

6. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

FYI Gateway is a CFW.

But yeah I wonder why testing should take THAT many time, are they really doing it ?

Because there is no interest to lie on that.

7. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

emuNAND support should be no different than CFW, yet they continue to claim they are working on their "new major update that will once again revolutionize the (N)3DS scene". This reeks of trying to build hype so they can hopefully sell whatever stock they have left before they close up development. Predictable and not surprising. It just makes no sense for emuNAND to not have been updated. We have a bunch of GW users that cannot use their card "FULLY" without doing some crazy FW editing that was posted on GBATemp.

8. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

so i'm guessing there is still no working gateways for the new firmware this many months in?

9. 41
      IlVampirelloXy

The Emunand is not the problems. The custum firmeware work fine and now are easy to install .. but I have two Gateway whith 128 Gbyte micro sd and I can not update to the latest firmware version. And again I need to convert 3ds 2 cia migrate save games etc.
      Before doing this I would like to be sure that the gateway project is definitely dead.
      From what you read I'd say yes .
      But occasionally someone reopens the discussion and says "one more week"

10. 357
      Gaming Freak

Only person reopening it is @GaryOPA

11. 116
      Ashuraman

Ashuraman Loyal Member

Yes and no at the same time. Gateway is the mix of an incomplete CFW and an incomplete flashcart, basically, it's a CFW/Flashcart mix whose CFW cannot work without it's flashcart and it's flashcart cannot work without it's CFW. As for why testing is taking up so much time i can only assume it's to build hype and sell whatever stock they have left though i PRAY that's not true. Honestly the only advantage Gateway truly has is the cheat system HOWEVER using NTR's Plugin Manager you can easily convert gateway cheat files into NTR cheat pulgins so that advantage is pretty much lost

12. 41
      IlVampirelloXy

Yes and his last dates have already elapesd.

13. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

They aren't his dates. Those dates are the dates gateway gave him. My advice. Stop waiting. Get cfw and move on. This was supposed to be out in April, then May, then June. Its July. Its not the longest time its taken for an update but its damn close enough and you need to give up. Something is obviously wrong and they just dont want to tell people.

It should not be taking them this long especially if testing is already supposed to be done. Im just gonna sell my gateway 3ds and warn people away from buying their cart. Good thing i have a cfw nn3ds

14. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

@GaryOPA should not keep stoking the fire. People are upset as date after date has passed. They keeps asking GaryOPA for updates and he obliges them to some degree. But it just ends up being disappointment again as another date will pass. The best we can hope for is for there to be no new posts from @GaryOPA regarding the new update. Just let Gateway decide if they are going to release or not. Once it releases it releases (or not). I was just pissed in my previous post because at least an emuNAND update would have kept the card functional for what most want to use it for.

15. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

yeah, just need that dat file updated so we could update the emunand and get connected to the online services

16. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Oh I totally get that dont get me wrong. But they arent even working on an emunand update. Not until this new revolutionary update happens. Please note the heavy sarcasm for the word revolutionary.

This is why im saying its time to move on.

The new boot9strap and luma looks way easy to implement. Faster then setting up a9lh was for me thats for sure. Go read the guide for stock 3ds systems. Only two pages and not very long.

17. 357
      Gaming Freak

100% agree Cameron. Im on CFW and love it

18. 28
      stl25

stl25 Loyal Member

@Cameron, I am already on Luma3DS 8.1 with B9S 1.2 N3DS. That is why I made the emuNAND post. With 11.4 emuNAND you can't run Gateway without pulling some Frankenfirmware tricks I saw in a thread on GBATemp. It would have been easy for them to update for latest emuNAND support, but they didn't. This tells me they more worried about selling their remaining stock than actually providing support at this point.

19. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Switched to Luma3DS 8.1 + B9S 1.2 yesterday.
      I still have my Gateway card somewhere and I'll switch to Gateway when they'll release that update, like most of people seem to do here.
      Tired of speculating and posting here, but if people go here to check and sent message then they seem to care about that update

20. 686
      hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      GW had their long run and made their money. Right now with CFW (has been for a while) plus the latest scene developments, there is no practical way for them to make start manufacturing new stock, selling it and making profit again like it was before.

It's only those die hard previous owners who are waiting on a trolled update for months who really want this. I still have a red card, yet I couldn't care less if the update came out or not, as I switched to CFW, a long time ago.

New users will be CFW by default using the official 3ds.guide and the up and coming NTRboothax will open more doors to new users without using hardmods on later FW like 11.4+.

So what, GW has decent cheat support and drag n drop .3ds rom support, yet tbh, it's not exactly a deal breaker compared to what CFW offers using a free and safe solution to get modded easily.

I cannot see what this trolled update can bring to the table that will knock CFW on it's ass, so in the meantime, enjoy CFW and forgot GW.