hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,497
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

It's however you want to set it up. I do not include actual pre-made configurations for the CFWs themselves, I just set up everything on the chainloaders to have Godmode9, Decrypt9, Luma, GW, etc. on hotkeys. Luma brings up a configuration menu the first time you run it, and Cakes and Corbenik also bring up menus by default, so, you can set them to load whichever you want by default. I deliberately do not assign the L button to a hotkey in BootCTR9 since Luma uses that to load whichever one you don't pick for your default.

2. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Ok but what im asking is if this will rum my emunand or if i have to copy me emunand to sysnand as is on the 3ds guide

3. 1
      lilacruby

lilacruby Loyal Member

Was a GW user for almost 3 years (since Oct 2014) and believed for a long time that GW team will always bring us something new.
      At the beginning GW didn't support the FW 9.2.0 yet...pfff

GW works perfectly until this time I updated the Emunand to 11.3 accidentally in February, and now, near to the end of August, I just gave up waiting and moved from themehax+GW to B9S+Luma3DS.

I will blame neither GW team nor Gary. Tbh I don't care about if there's still an update coming at all, as now I have more consoles than 3 years ago. The worst feeling comes always when waiting for something hopeless. Sometimes you're just waiting for a result, whether it's bad or good.

Waiting for a "revolutionary update" for GW is just like waiting for someone who will never come back, at least for me.

4. 23
      Jokerchyld

Jokerchyld Loyal Member

GW be like...

upload_2017-8-23_21-13-1.png

Attached Files:

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    5. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

And there it is. Update will be October 31. Prediction noted o_O

6. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I'd say before October 31st. I just won't say which year!

7. 82
      crocchio

crocchio Loyal Member

i m a old gw user too. now i have 2 n3ds whit CWF *last mount 1 with CFW and 1 with GW card. i don t if will be out a ne gw update but now i have not interest about. the important is not buy A NEW 3DS CARD not support this people, the hack is free and is so easy to install a cfw.

8. 6
      Yago

Yago Loyal Member

To the Gateway/Stargate staff that reads this forums:

According to GaryOPA, you are working on a product for Switch. Maybe, if you want anyone buying it, you should release the magnethax update for Gateway. No Gateway user is going to buy that $80 bullshit and new 3DS users will install a free CFW. And, sadly, your solution does not prevent bans.

Maybe you want to have a little bit of reputation for when you release your new NSwitch toy.

9. 25,497
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      magnethax with gateway is not possible, their blue card can not be flashed and made compatible, any GW release including magnethax would require you to buy a compatible DS flashcart to use it, kind of silly really, when big GW update does occur, it will include as many options as it can, but options like magnethax will require you to purchase another product.

As I mention before the new StarGate flashcart is really for people that don't already own an ds flashcart, gateway, or sky3ds, its marketed towards new comers to the 3DS piracy market, and truth be told 90% of 3DS owners out there with flashcarts, have no idea about forums or cfw installs or wanting to read guides, they just want to order a product, plug it in, drag over the 3ds roms they have downloaded, they don't want to read forums, run a bunch of different programs, or learn about all the nice things CFW and other options can offer them, that dept. belongs to the 10% of other customers whom are posting here and on GBATemp and learning everything they can about the 3DS.

10. 6
      Yago

Yago Loyal Member

I am pretty sure that they can update the red one. They must only update the card and change the offsets for the rom loader.

Billyme likes this.
    11. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Big update? So its not just another emunand update?

12. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Given that most Gateway users are on a9 or b9s already I don't think it will bother too many people what happens.

If the cheat system or rom management, dependant on a Gateway card inserted, were made system hooks into any cfw would be what people are looking for.

Sky3ds and the new Stargate sound pretty much the same to me. I've never used the sky3ds but it sounds like the kind of easy card new users would want.

Having to setup an EmuNand just to use pirate ROMs is too much like hard work for most people. Given that with NTRBOOTHAX I can have a 3ds on cfw in under 5 mins with freeshop for games Gateway are now looking obsolete

Stringing users along for the best part of a year is just disgraceful. I've had to stop recommending Gateway cards to friends just because most of them want upto date systems they can use online whenever they want and not when others say they should be allowed.

I can honestly say I've gone from anger at Gateway to sheer disappointment in their lack of respect for those who supported them.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    13. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

You don't have to. :rolleyes:

Although it was the smart thing to do.

14. 8
      LeoMane

LeoMane Loyal Member

So the blue gateway card will never work again? Even with an update I won't be able to back up DS games anymore? Just 3DS?

15. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

It works just fine through Luma. You can even use it via GW, but you need to install the whitelist (flashcardtimewarp, or whatever other dozen names it has gone under...) You can just never hope to use it as an NTRBoot card.

16. 32
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

I would have to see proof it's not flashable, honestly, as they have updated it previously, and you can run wood on it. Plus the ntrboot devs said they're going to look into supporting it.

Anyway, it works in Luma for running DS ROMs so whatever.

17. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

How do you prove something CAN't Be done? You have to prove that it CAN be done. And no, GW has NEVER updated the blue card.

Besides, running wood on it has nothing to do with changing the bootstrap.

18. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

The white card though it was updated and it can be done so i cant see why they create a new cart instead of updating this to just plug and play...

19. 45
      Zaraf

Zaraf Loyal Member

So no official update since Feb. Are the updates officially dead? Or has there been some word about this?

20. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Enjoy reading 37 pages of people arguing if this update exists. Gary keeps hearing it going to be soon and that is as close to official as we're gonna get I'm afraid.

GatewayBugReport likes this.