hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,497
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

If SciresM release Atmosphere before the Gateway update, I'll switch to it.

I don't really like Luma, we'll see how good this real cfw will be :)

2. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I've not heard anything about this Atmosphere. What info you got?

3. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

if there ever is an update, will gateway update the a9lh dat file? would you happen to have any information on this @GaryOPA ? just curious

or maybe an updated method to b9s?

4. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

5. 53
      ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

Here are my 2 cents.

I do hope that GW comes with this rumored update. 6 months is a long time to not hear from the team but Gary has apparently spoken to them and has stated that the update is real and coming.

I don't see any reason to doubt that.

GW was the one and only cart for a long while but now there's competition. They may have waited until the other team's carts arrived as to back engineer it and see if they brought anything that GW could and should add to their own.

I have no problem with waiting for quality and since Maxconsole has also put their site's reputation on this ... I believe.

I have read both sides of the argument concerning buying a flashcart vs. not buying a flashcart. I feel that the people who bought the GW flashcart are entitled to an opinion here. The argument is silly and the people (posting) who are against the flashcart purchase are just trolling.

Just one opinion from a GW customer.

6. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

I have been on these forums now for over 10 years.
      I have seen flashcart company's come and go from the original R4 to the Ninjapass.
      What Gateway are doing is very very silly for any business.
      Personally i think CFW is the way forward.
      The Gateway team should be ashamed of themselves for taking so long to release an update.

hanz and KhenemetHeru like this.
    7. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

What on Earth needs to be updated here? It's perfect. With NTRBoot, you can go from a stock system to CFW and sighax in 2 minutes (If you already have a flash card configured and a folder made up and ready for drag&drop). The b9s installation part has caused exactly ZERO bricks.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
      KhenemetHeru likes this.
    8. 8
      LeoMane

LeoMane Loyal Member

What's the max SD size for the blue gateway card for wood? what verison of wood do i need for my 2ds?

9. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Why do people still ask things like this? There isn't an SD card in existance that exceeds the max size of Fat32. Other formats in use have exponentially larger capacities. Fat32 max size for a single file is 4GB -1 byte, but the max partition can easily be 2TB or close to 8TB (depending on the tools you use to format with). Actually, if you use a system that can format Fat32 with 64k clusters, it can theoretically fit 16TB.

In short, stop worrying about it. Just don't format it using Windows. Use third party software or something *nix

10. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Because some people aren't very technical people. For instance I've been doing this a long time but I didn't know that about fat32 partitioned sd cards. Thats awesome.

11. 8
      LeoMane

LeoMane Loyal Member

I guess i asked because i cant get wood to boot up on my 2DS. With a 16gb card. and woods originally for r4 which apparently supported a max of 2gb. is there anyway i can get wood to run on my blue gateway card / 2ds?

12. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    13. 8
      LeoMane

LeoMane Loyal Member

I don't have to jailbreak my 2DS or anything do I?

14. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

There's no such thing (jailbreak means something different and it would take too long to explain the difference), but yes, you do have to hack it.

You have to have CFW with kernel access to downgrade your white list to use the GW blue card. At that point, you may as well be using Luma anyway (and messing with the whitelist isn't necessary at that point).

On a stock system above FW 4.3, The blue card is blocked.

15. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

That part of the guide has always been optional. I never saw why that was in the main installation part of the guide. You can do it if you like, but it works either way. Your EmuNAND will work just fine if you don't want to copy it over. Most CFWs even support up to 4 of them.

Instead of deleting EmuNAND, what I did when A9LH came out was swap them. I put the 9.2 on EmuNAND since it's still the most *hax friendly FW, so that way there was no need to wait on a new *hax payload every time there's an update. Then when the GW update didn't come, since GW wants to use an EmuNAND anyway, I copied my SysNAND to EmuNAND before upgrading from 11.2. Then I backed up my card and created a second EmuNAND to move my 9.2 EmuNAND over to. But that's just me.

The main consideration is that the DSiWare and GBA titles have to go to your SysNAND. Neither of them requires the latest firmware by any stretch, though. An updated SysNAND lets you have those and the latest games on one. Keeping SysNAND on a lower version while updating EmuNAND just means keeping those two things separated from the rest of your games. Some people might prefer that to alleviate clutter, though.

16. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Im kind of a noob so i dont really understand. What i want is the easiest way to run gw without many steps. I now have an o3ds with 9.2 emunand and sysnand but i use the browser to run it but i cant update.

17. 8
      LeoMane

LeoMane Loyal Member

is it possible to get a gateway version of this?

18. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

From what I've heard the answer is no as the part of the card firmware has to be overwritten, which is unfortunately non updatable in the Gateway blue card.

It cost me £18 to get one of those cards so they're not too bad.

19. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Well, what I'm about to release is going to have the fewest steps. I call my new installer "One & Done" for a reason -- your card takes one trip to the PC, you run one script, and you're done. I've got an NTRBootHax swap card layout I call "Shove & Shuffle" as well. Kind of based the name on that "Shovënpucker" episode of "Mr. Pickles" ;) Not my preferred method because it takes two scripts, but if I have to go to them, it gets it done.

If you already have an exploit, you can probably use it with "One & Done" easily. Though I also include a simple way to setup SoundHax (it even renames the downloaded otherapp payload for you via drag and drop). I include the homebrew programs the guide uses -- udsploit and Safehax. However, if you're on 9.2, the included .3dsx version of OldLoader (also included) should be all you need to run to get into Godmode9. At that point, you just hit home, select the "Scripts" menu, and there will be 3 options. The first one is B9S. Just select it, then "O3DS" and, about a minute later, the device will reboot and you'll see the Luma3DS configuration screen.

I'm almost done typing ReadMe files, but I still have the configurations themselves left to do.

20. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

So i can update my sysnand to 11.5 and my emunand will be still working on 9.2?