hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,648
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Gateway doesn't work with the newer sysnand. If I remember right the highest sysnand for use with Gateway was 9.2 with EmuNand 11.2

2. 641
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Yes, you can. You can run 11.5 SYSNAND with luma+b9s, and use 11.2 EMUNAND for GW. Just don't EVER boot GW into the 11.5 sysnand (it will corrupt your sighax). There's no reason to anyway (that I can think of).

EDIT: Then again, if you have an NTRBoot DS cart, it's easy to correct that mistake now :D

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    3. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

And how i go to my emunand from sysnand 11.5 to load backups?

4. 641
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Gateway always loads emunand (unless you boot to the GW menu and force sysnand to load instead). You set up bootCTR9, in the /luma/payloads/ folder and name it something like down_bootCTR9.firm. Of course you need the default .ini for it pointing to Gateway.firm. Once you do that, just hold DOWN when you power on and luma will load bootCTR9, which will boot Gateway.

The proper files and instructions are linked to both here at Maxconsole and at GBAtemp. I'm done replying. You need to learn some Google-Fu.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    5. 4
      wiiguy2000

wiiguy2000 Loyal Member

Seriously... What is going on? Why has there been no update in 6 months?

My son updated the emunand and I have been boned. Do I bother waiting or use this CFW I see people posting about?

6. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

Go with CFW... do it now! Been a loyal GW user for years, and at this point, if Gary posts any kind "soon" responds instead of an actual release, it will be met with... [​IMG]

7. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I think even Gary has given up on trying to find out when the update will be released. The word "soon" seems to have some hidden meaning to the Gateway team that escapes normal people.

8. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Their "soon" wasn't about a new update but about a new flashcard, if they was at least alive they would update their website to gain more credibility, but nope, which mean everything is on their new card.

Even if they made an update, I don't see how it could be a "revolution" since they spend their time on that flashcard instead of their "old" product.

Anyway today is the month where they said they'll publish their download files for their new card, wait & see.

9. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Let's be honest now. Who cares about 3ds flashcards? Sky3ds is the only one that works with current firmware. Gateway have managed to push everyone to Luma now. Almost a year since the next big update was announced and we're still no closer to release than we were in February when the claimed it would be soon.

With Luma, BS9, freeshop, and NTRBOOTHAX all flashcards have been nulled. We need more than promises to keep us on them now.

10. 641
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Then get rid of yours then? That'll show 'em :rolleyes:o_O

I'll just continue to happily use both. Until the release comes, my emunand stays at 11.2. Big deal. My sysnand is 11.5.

11. 37
      royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

From the looks of the stargate card that's what I want rather than these Gateway cards. Anyone want to buy these 2 off me? Never used XD (that's 2 sets of the red/blue cards)

12. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

The website of Gateway got "an estimated 135,900 visits over the last 30 days."

And Luma3ds got 114760/204667 n° of download on their 2 latest release.

There still a lot of people that are checking their website, and the number is around the n° of Luma download.

Meaning that there is still people checking.

Source:

http://www.trafficestimate.com/www.gateway-3ds.com
      http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=AuroraWright&repository=Luma3DS

13. 3
      Natzore

Natzore Loyal Member

I love how this thread has slowly shifted from "when is the update coming?" to "guys how can I get rid of Gateway CFW and install Luma?"

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    14. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

Abandon ship!!! This thread has too many holes! I went to the Luma dark side... and they do, in fact, have cookies :)

15. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

If I go to 11.5 cfw and use the gateway 3dsx file through homebrew will that work and take me to my emunand?

16. 641
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

No. Here, you lazy bum. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gateway+b9s

17. 25,648
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      At this stage 'soon' for GW release I think will be late September, early October, after the new flashcard reviews have been posted on various scene websites and pre-orders have shipped for new GW/Sky merger card, then we will see an update release to bring it uptodate for v11.5 with maybe a few extras throw in (minus NTRBoot) to support existing GW users.

18. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Feom 9.2 sysnand i load homebrew with singhax and after that the gw 3dsx and im in emunand. If i do that on cfw it wont work?

19. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Newer exploits start earlier in the boot process, so the chainloaders can't run a .3dsx file. IIRC what you're talking about may actually work if you boot a 9.2 EmuNAND that's still running MenuHax, but you risk the YSOD freeze-up every time you run *hax. The converted .firm payload that will allow you to launch GW at boot will work 100% of the time. On my setup, you simply hold B at startup to launch straight into Gateway. Well, my new release is ready to post. It should be up soon for you to download.

diego93 likes this.
    20. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

With this kind of comments you still dont understand you make your own users feel like a bunch of idiots, except all those lickers that come defending this nonsense, you should really at least try to pretend you care about them.

You have been lying around the Stargate card. You already suspected no update would come until it got released or even later and you still lied to all of us. You have tell your users to wait and dont do nothing while you knew something wasnt going on well and it turns out you still expect users to just wait and wait forever?

Its been so much stupid promises based on nonsense that they dont give a fuck anymore, except the usual suspects of this post.

Do you really give a shit about them? If you did you would have enough balls to tell to leave this kind of shit behind but your defenders still dont get you make profit with this, which explains everything.

After your shitty promises and rockets for waiting i decided to take my New 3DS to Luma and Ntr.

The only thing that kept me from not doing it was the only request i made to GW on this forum, on the request post: New 3DS Overclocking, something EVERY CFW outthere already did.

As i finally saw how to load GW + NTR on B9S all this shit of waiting is over.

Make your self a damn favour and relink the users you are beating around the bush to some decent tutorials to leave this crap behind (to your supporters, tell them whatever you want, they will continue to defend you like north koreans to their boss).

PD: "Maybe a few extras..." Wasnt the update supossed to be big? Wasnt it supposed to bring lot of user Request from this forum? Wasnt is supposed yo change all the Gateway mechanims? Wasnt it supposed to leave behind EmuNand? Wasnt it supposed to be nearly completed? Wasnt it supposed that no new card would come? Wasnt it supposed that the official coder was completing all this stuff? Wasnt it supposed you expected all of us to still believe the way you change your guesses about Gateway new updaye every week?

Now im supposed to expect my usual haters to tell me im kid and an idiot and Gary is just a victim?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
      RENI and Wargla like this.