hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Loyal Member

Finally, someone gets it.

Cameron likes this.
    2. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol. I get in trouble frequently for telling the complainers to shut the fuck up. Thought i would try the do you want a bricked system instead?

Unless you meant for the cheats. The cheat system really is the best. Doesnt get any better.

Gaming Freak and GuyInDogSuit like this.
    3. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

ILuvChinpokomon Loyal Member

A9HL offers the same cheats, it's just not as easy to pull off as in Gateway. But i don't get what people even need cheats for, there's computer programs you can use far more easily to manipulate save files, just plug in the SD card. So really, no reason at all to be using Gateway.

I also disagree with you about waiting. It is absurd to have to wait 6 months! Just because you wasted that time doesn't mean the rest of us want to. We paid money for GW, and expect decent service. The other developers in the CFW community put out releases far faster, and they're free! Luma3ds, Rxtools (when it was active) Cakes, pretty much everyone is faster than Gateway. In short, the competition >>>>>> Gateway, there's no excuse.

This is why I've ditched Gateway. 11.3 was in February, and it's April and still nothing from GW, whereas Smealum had a fix that same month, and another one to fix 11.4 which just came out.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    4. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

There aren't "computer programs" out there for every game.... And how does a9lh even offer cheats? NTR doesn't count.

5. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

There are programs for the most popular games, and how does NTR not count? You can easily install it via CIA. Admittedly NTR is not as good as GW cheats, but i mean if you want to stick to an outdated firmware with shitty support just to cheat on a specific game....that's your call.

6. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

Because the codes for it wouldn't exist without Gateway to begin with.

7. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

Who cares? NTR offers cheats which work with Luma. Do you actually think people give a monkeys that GW developed the injection? That's not enough to warrant loyalty to an inferior CFW.

Edited by Rory2005, warning given for swearing, we have a younger audience too that does not need to read this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
    8. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

I mean the cheats are PORTED FROM GATEWAY. Did you even think before responding? Why are you even here?

9. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

Dude, what nonesense are you babbling? NTR works without Gateway.....end of story. I'm here to let people frustrated with GW (as i was) know that there are better options. Why are you here, to shill for an outdated CFW?

10. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

Where do you think they get the codes? Pull it out of thin air? They port them from Gateway.

Better options? The only thing that makes them better is that they're free. People are free to choose whatever method they want. I use both. Are you telling me I'm stupid for that?

11. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

And like i said.....no one cares. Thanks for coming up with the codes GW, but we don't need your CFW anymore.

Uh no....actually what makes Luma better is that it offers firm0/01 protection which GW doesn't and it has an active community with regular updates that don't require 6 month waits. You can use both if you want, but it's actually safer to use just Luma, because if you're not careful Gateway could leave you on stock firmware.

12. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

That's nice.

13. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Obviously i have shortened your post just for some point to touch on.

And as I have repeatedly pointed out in multiple forums and multiple threads.
      1) Do you want a bricked 3ds?
      2) At best gateway is a backup device for games you physically own. At worst it is a device made for piracy which is illegal in most of the world.

On point one. I dont know about you but I dont want my 3ds bricked. I dont have 100 to 150 dollars to shell out for another 3ds. Not to mention that 4.5 3ds consoles are hard as hell to find. Gateway had a problem with the initial 2.0 beta that cause 3ds consoles to brick. A lot of them. They then offered to fix them because the code they wrote caused it. They dont want that to happen again. This is probably the main reason there is no release yet. Remember they have to make sure everything works and to make sure it works properly with no adverse effects.

Point two..... wow so you paid money for the gateway? So did I. So did most Toms, Dicks and Harrys. Essentially you paid for an illegal pirating device. Thats how it would be seen in any court all over the world. So gateway made an illegal product and only barely justified it by calling it a back up tool that could play back ups of games you physically own. Go to court with it. Really. You would get laughed out of there so fast or arrested for piracy so fast it would be astonishing.

Thats where it all comes together. See people like you and recently paco diaz believe with your whole heart that just because you paid money for something you are owed. However its an illegal device....... you paid for something illegal and you knew it was illegal. That makes you, however petty, a criminal. Not only that but since gateway is an illegal device the team could just pack up and leave anytime they wanted. They dont owe you anything. You got what you paid for. It plays 90 percent of cartridge back ups. It plays all the cia still. You can still play online. So you cant access the eshop. Boo boo, you will get over it.

Gateway doesnt owe anybody anything. You think the gateway sales are relevant enough for them to stick around after 4 years? They arent making any money anymore, and yet you demand that they support their product. For how long? My 3D Vizio tv no longer receives firmware updates because it is a model no longer sold. Does vizio owe me those updates? Do they owe me a new 3d tv? I have had it for 3 years.

Oh..... i have one maybe you kids might understand. So you bought an iphone. Maybe you havent been able to upgrade to the newest version for lets say 4 years. Apple no longer releases updates for your phone. So you take them to court, but guess what? You get laughed at because your phone only has a one year limited warranty and apple reserves the right to support or not support your phones. Its in the contract you sign when buying the product. Not the contract from the cell phone provider. The actual contract you enter into with apple for buying an apple product. One you dont even have to sign. You enter into it just by buying and using the phone. After whatever time they deem they dont owe you. But you are saying they do.

Same concept with gateway except oh yea.... gateway is technically illegal. They dont owe you crap.

GuyInDogSuit and Gaming Freak like this.
    14. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

And since I cant edit, obviously I dont mean you specifically chinpokomon. All the yous are meant in general. You specifically went to a9lh. Its a great move. It is superior. But NTR cheats still blow lol. No ifs or buts about it. Have a great day!

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
    15. 25,271
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Too much fighting recently, there no reason to have any name-calling or insults or rudeness, its your choice if you use Luma or Gateway, but neither group should force the others to switch, if they want to or not, that is their choice, if they are tried of waiting for Gateway, then the option is there, but also don't say Luma is faster in updates, v6.6 was Nov. 12, 2016 and v7.0 was 8 days ago, that is an 5 month wait! :)

16. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

What a pathetic post that completely misses the point. First of all don't give me that "do you want a bricked 3ds?" crap, the point is other developers come out with a solution to safety proofing from bricks before GW, every time, hence GW is inferior. My frustration is that they've always taken forever to make an update, even when they were making money, when it really shouldn't take that long. Obviously at this point i no longer expect anything from them, given that I've switched to Luma, I came here solely to inform other GW owners of a superior option.

Secondly, illegal or not, the understanding upon purchasing a GW is that there will be decent support for it, otherwise the purchase is a waste of money, capiche? No one would have bought a GW if they thought it'd be useless by the next update. So don't come at me with such weak and disingenuous arguments. Obviously GW doesn't legally/technically owe us anything after purchase and i never argued that they did so don't strawman me. But such minimalist support is a crappy way to do business and more akin to being a scam artist. That's how real grown ups see it, so take your crappy iphone analogies elsewhere.

Paco Diaz likes this.
    17. 37
      ILuvChinpokomon

No one's forcing anyone to do anything, I'm just advising people who are fed up with the wait. Also, Luma is faster with updates that matter. They didn't need one from 6.6 to 7.0 to be fast because even now 6.6 is still working.....

Cameron likes this.
    18. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Lets all just wait and chill.
      I to am annoyed with the delay but nothing I can do.
      No more comments please.
      Each to there own.

Paco Diaz and GuyInDogSuit like this.
    19. 27
      TubeBar

TubeBar Loyal Member

I'm running Luma on SysNAND w/ GW support. I've been waiting to update to 11.4 as I really don't want to lose GW support. I think GW is dead. I think it's time to yank out my GW and just go w/ Luma.

Personally I liked GW support as it loaded 3ds roms w/o any hassle to install CIAs, easy backup save files etc. IMO it has some advantages over Luma but think it's R.I.P.

20. 14
      GuyInDogSuit

I think it's too early to say, honestly. If we weren't getting updates from GaryOPA, then I'd say it's time to worry.