hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,610
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 38
      Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Yeah but at the end they decided to realease a new card (for more money) i dont see why they just release the update for those who already have gw and new users should buy the new card

2. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Frankly, I don't get the reason for the delay in the first place. We have chainloaders. We don't need GW to add features. All they need to do is keep the ROMs and cheat engine working.

Of course, a proper .firm launcher might be nice. However, the Luma team would find a way to break that in their chainloader too. I'm convinced it's intentional sabotage at this point. Just one more reason to support BootCTR9 instead of some half-baked tacked-on piece of crap that's arguably an even worse case of rubbish bundling than Internet Explorer.

Oh yeah, the release is up. Check it out. Just copy the B9S configuration for your hardware over, copy "One & Done" over, put the card in your system, get to the homebrew menu, and run OldLoader. Once in Godmode9, hit home, select the "Scripts" menu, select "1 - Install B9S", select the correct script for your system (if it's an N3DS, the first one should work, if it's an O3DS, there is only one option anyway). When it's done, it will reboot into the Luma configuration screen. Configure it the way you want it. Then all you have to do is setup Rosalina to run your homebrew.

Billyme likes this.
    3. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Anyway, once you get it installed, then you can decide what you want to do with your NANDS. SysNAND on 9.2, EmuNAND on 11.2, right? I think I'd use the script in "Extra Options" to transfer EmuNAND to SysNAND, then update the SysNAND in Luma. Also copy over the ticket sync scripts since your NANDs will be linked now. You can use Gateway and Luma with the same games that way. It's just that when you install new games on one, you'll want to go into Godmode9 (hold "left" when booting), enter the Scripts menu, and run the one that synchronizes to the other NAND (I've got one for each direction, so it doesn't matter which you install new games on, just that you update the other one so that they'll show up on both).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    4. 51
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

Nothing to add.

Billyme likes this.
    5. 82
      crocchio

crocchio Loyal Member

STOP with this teatro will not be a upgrade from Gateway, it is sure. not buy the new card star*** not support this people now, it is all free!

6. 25,610
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      As I mention before, this new card is designed for those just entering into the 3DS scene, that don't currently own any GW or Sky3DS and don't have access to compatible R4i flashcart for BootNTR, they just want to do plug&play setup, no mess, no fuss.

You got to remember 90% of 'flashcart' sellers and their customers, are 'extra-service' shops around the world, in shady fleamarkets, or webshops, that sell complete setups, ready to go, some sadly even 'sell' either via a secret 3DSRom site or if in fleamarket, include the backup game ROMs themselves on MicroSD card as 'extra', they don't want to teach their customers about Luma, CFW, eFreeShop, etc.

Only 10% of 'flashcart' buyers infact visit the forums and direct websites and learn about all their options and what to do with their card and all that is possible like homebrew and CFW, etc.

As for GW update it is still coming but about a month from now, and will include various options for people, including possibly an option for those that have compatible DS flashcart, since the GW blue card is not upgradable, many options and tests were tried over the last few months, but after much discussion it was decided this was the best way forward for future business, yes sadly its business afterall, and existing customers have been supported for last 4 years, alot longer than most flashcart companies do before abandoning their product, or releasing a new one, and in the end exisiting GW customers that have not followed the current tutorials linked here and moved on, will be happy with the GW update that is finally released in about month's time from now.

Not much more I can say on this subject, like I stated above the new card is for new people entering the scene, and current GW customers sadly have about another month to wait, and will be happy, or in the meantime follow the guides and tutorials that have been nicely prepared by @LupinIII and posted in the forums here.

GatewayBugReport likes this.
    7. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Well, thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I did discover a bit of a typo in that last release of InScripted. The scripts to switch to Luma and Luma Legacy from BootCTR9 were trying to copy a file that doesn't exist. So I'll need everyone that grabbed R1 to grab the R2 I just uploaded.

Though I have added a new feature as well. An alternate configuration for BootCTR9 that makes it act like Arm9Select. When switched to, instead of loading payloads from the normal places, it loads them from a folder named "boot9select" and looks for files named after the hotkey. So, for example, if you want to move something to X, you can simply rename it to "x.firm" in Godmode9 now (though you'll have to rename the current "x.firm" first). It's set up with the same layout the regular BootCTR9 configuration uses by default. So, now I've added the one thing that was missing -- hotkey customization.

GatewayBugReport and GaryOPA like this.
    8. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

for once it's not soon™ ? :p

Well we are not in a rush, let's hope it'll come around a month from now, better have a "long wait time" with the truth than a soon that never come.

9. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

So the new card is made by the Gateway Team.
      I wonder WHY it was not officially announced here?
      @GaryOPA can you answer that?

10. 25,610
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Scroll back up around 20 pages, it was announced here first before any other site, and as I mentioned before its a mixture of coders from sky3ds, an ex-engineer from Datel (that worked before in scene, and last worked on PowerSaves) device, and sales/support staff from GW team, the current GW coder still slowly working on things by himself, the new team is alot stronger, bigger, and better supported than before, GW was very small, and coder was as always a 'loner' and worked by himself for many months for each update, the new card will have faster updates and more support, plus they have the 'technical know-all' and the resources to move forward to the next step being the Switch, and already have started early planning and laying the ground work for that, but doubt we will see anything Switch related, even teaser video until early Spring 2018, after the online network is live, as Nintendo is still busy changing alot of things on Switch, even v3.0.1 totally changed the 'key layouts' and started to use eFuses, which prevents 'downgrades', so there still alot of work to go on in that area, for now if you hoping anything on Switch from this team or others, or free solutions, keep it on v3.0.0 or lower, anything higher is tough luck right now, but getting off-topic, for StarGate support, news, announcements please see this new section:

http://www.maxconsole.com/forums/official-stargate-3ds-support-forum.250/

First batch of 30 to 40 units for reviews are in the progress of getting assembled and should be going out after monday to reviewers, and pre-orders to official suppliers around the world is in production and shipments are scheduled about 2 weeks after the reviews are released.

TTYL

11. 3
      oji

oji Loyal Member

StarGate is a dead project, for a newcomers it's much affordable to buy some DS card which is supported & priced at 10 to 20 bucks, the process is so easy that there's no need for something else (especially at $80+) to gain a piracy access. I doubt there'll be a StartGate support for a 3DS lifetime, the community stuff is widespread so it's a matter of a month for us to get a "sorry, no more support we put our efforts to Switch" message due to low sales. But still looking forward for a Gateway release, just of a curiosity.

12. 8
      Consolero

Consolero Loyal Member

I just want to spend my 2 EUR-Cent comment about GW and their support! I think I am able to do since I am handling with those equipment since more than 25 years. Pro Fighter/SWC for SNES, GB-Doctor and Doctor64 from Bung, Mr Z for N64, several GBA and NDS Flashcards like M3 or Supercard DS TWO, many many more and of course GW for 3DS since release.

GW made an awesome job but their timeline is really bad. They always delivered what they promised, even if it took some months longer than expected. Also the life-time support of the GW-card is really great. You really can not compare with flashcards from DS because 3DS is kind of open system and receive FW-Updates from Nintendo to update their system. The DS never had this "issue".

I also think the upcoming card will sell well because what most dont recognise: yes, it is possible to use "backups" without 3rd party hardware but it need some time to get in and for whom is mainly a handheld console? for kids and most of the daddies worldwide do not want to spend much time in software modification or even have the knowledge that its possible. They just spend some bucks which could be two 3DS cartridges by Nintendo or just the new flash cartridge and they dont need to care about any updates.

I just wonder myself that GW did not released meanwhile an update to support 11.5. this shouldnt be a big work for them and keep the most users happy.

13. 6
      BananaSlamma

BananaSlamma Loyal Member

so basically support for the gateway card will stop in favor of the new stargate card?

14. 15
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

@GaryOPA you've lost any respect on this website in my eyes. Your bullshitting all your members it's time to stop to be honest.

Rohul1997 likes this.
    15. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Neo get off the forum if you want to be like that. People like you are whats wrong with this world. You're all for blaming everbody but the actual person or group that caused the problem. How many times does it have to be said that Gary does not have anything to do with gateway besides being in contact with them.

He is the point of contact, he tells you what the tell him. That doesnt hurt his credibility. It hurts gateways for lying to gary. Im sick of all of your bitching and moaning everyone. You all are acting like a bunch of spoiled fucking idiots whose worst things they can come up with is to blame the guy who runs the forum for doing his job and talking to gateway.

Shut the fuck up, for real! You all know where the door is so get the fuck out if all you can do is blame gary. Its gateways fault. 100 percent. Gary tells you what they say to him. Thats it. He isnt doing it on purpose. You want to blame somebody blame the fucked up members of gateway.

Report me I dont give a fuck anymore, at least I wont have to put up with you whiney cry baby bitches.

Edit: @GaryOPA thanks for all your hard work buddy. I appreciate you trying. If this rant gets me banned so be it but it was awesome to have a caring head moderator who actually gives a shit. I wish you luck.

kineticUk and JenkinsJinkies like this.
    16. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

Im not reporting you kid. Im just happy you went mad, it was taking its time. Now you know how its to be totally upset about something dirty and unfair when you are putting your hopes on it.

But there is a big difference between you (as your other partners that have been hitting me) and us: We dont lie.

If you dont want to see that true, thats your problem. Since march its not like he's been really wanted to lie to us... But a lot of thing he has said in the last months... Arent you really smart to see he was contradicting himself all the time with the own info he was telling us? You just need to read again a little, not too far in fact.

There's more holes and turns in his arguments with no sense that in the last Resident Evil final chapter movie (and god be witness, that one was trully spectacular on problem).

You want my advice as I've said too many times? Stop cleaning the wrong ass. The real time that has been lost is the time all the users that respected Gary and his own advices to wait for the Gateway team updates since the Time Machine affair, wasted expecting a help that never really came. And i repeat: Never, as their tools are still in lost in time... Beta time.

How many times do you need to wait to get smarter Cameron? 1 more year?

In fact, i am the one that sooner or later will get banned. I trusted Gary as much as you. Ive talked with him privately and i though he was really a nice guy. But i lost my patient for months the last year until i finally resolved my fear with breaking my 3DS if i used Plailec tools for 9.2 downgrade expecting GW would help and im still trying to understand how the Time Machine works without bricking a console.

A week ago, after months of requesting a single stupid feature like N3DS overclocking, i lost my patient again. And hell, again the scene won and GW prove to be a goldminer.

Keep going mad and send me a PM when you discover yourself how much time did you lose waiting and defending nonsenses and how you will never take that time back because someone you use to trust never told you "ey, stop waiting". Then, we will understand each other.

PD. A shame OP still says, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

Like we say in spanish: AND A SHIT.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
      Cameron likes this.
    17. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

@GaryOPA why would one buy a new card that has anything to do with the Gateway team when customers have been waiting forever for an update??????????

18. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Because there are people who like ease of access and dont want to take the slightly higher chance of bricking their console with cfw. That or they simply dont understand what to do with cfw at all. My mom has a word for it and still uses it on me to this very day even though i am 30 and have my own family now. Techtarded she calls it. Not understanding technology or why certain thing with tech have to be done a certain way.

Plus from what it looks like pages ago these are people who used to be gateway and sky and were unhappy with the way things were being done.

Who really knows though but the first paragraph is the reason why.

19. 15
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

Just a quick update about the latest Nintendo 11.3/11.4 firmware support on Emunand.

As indicated before, we are working really hard to release as soon as possible our new major update that will once again revolutionize the (N)3DS scene. As it is now getting very close, we might have to delay the Emunand latest Nintendo firmware support. We will keep you posted very soon, and be sure that as always, we will offer full support for all Gateway user,even for day one buyers from 4 years ago!

Thank you for your continued support.

As always, enjoy! There’s still much more to come! Support the true innovators!

More to come soon.

We are very close.

And as always enjoy.

20. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

whoa. who the hell is that and what is this deplay you speak of? also... the firmware is 11.5 at the moment and i'm sure 11.6 wont be far behind.

is this just a copy and paste from febuary???