hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,605
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 320
      sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

In my view they will never put the source open. If they do a CFW will add the functionality and instead of the Gateway Flashcard the internal SD will be pointed at to load the 3ds file. I dont think it would be so hard with the right code. But if they do open source it, it would be great and we can dream - right?

2. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Gateway put a lot on effort when they was the only solution, then when open source cfw was a thing they build up an in-game menu to be different.

It should be hard to mount a spoofed gamecard, but gateway did that because of $ so they had to make it, even if it was hard, now today the motivation isn't the same, people use cfw and ect...

I bet if free cfw wasn't a thing, their card would be much more advanced.

So if they make it open source, they can only gain from this, scene work for them, and we will be sure that they will remove the bad code, everyone would gain from this.

Too awesome to become true :/

3. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

Har har! Stargate said they'd have their cards out in Sept. Now it's pushed to Oct. The cycle continues...

4. 95
      GatewayBugReport

@GaryOPA oops I missed the part of your post where you said "last update of the red card, new stuff will goes to stargate".

I am actually interested to buy one, ONLY if there will be a "cfw side".
      Because I just want a ingame menu, could you ask them that ? :) (if it's a actually a card accepted by the launcher.dat of the red card, i'll be interested for sure.

5. 25,605
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      It takes time to roll out production of new cards, plus demand has been higher than originally estimated by the sales team, so production runs had to be increased, not to mention there is alot of hardware jammed into the little box, its alot more complex that previous cards, but you will see soon once the reviews start appearing on the websites, in the meantime they working on teaser video to release for it on their official site.

6. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Severely. What you want is the InScripted AIO. If you're already running B9S, just copy the configuration over. If not, I include installers. Still copy the configuration over first, then use the appropriate installer to get B9S installed ("A9LH to B9S" if you're on A9LH, "One & Done" for just about everything else). If you need an entry point, Soundhax and MSET methods are included. Gateway is pre-configured on B. If you want to move it, I include scripts to change the hotkeys.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    7. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Hey Gary, you should make me a reviewer for maxconsole and tell them to send a stargate card my way. Lol just kidding bud. I wouldn't mind being a reviewer for maxconsole but in sure you got plenty of people for that already.

I'll honestly be surprised if anything comes out for gateway before the end of the year. This coder is good if he is the only one that gateway has ever had but he has gotten lazy.

8. 5
      GIBSON

GIBSON Loyal Member

The Gateway has been dead for a long time. With the new unlocking I did I can upgrade to the latest version with no problem. I can also play online.

Attached Files:

9. 5
      GIBSON

GIBSON Loyal Member

I was waiting for the next update of the Gateway, however, it has been more than 7 months since the last update of the site. I could not wait any longer and decided to re-unlock. It was the best thing I've done so far in my 3DS.

10. 4
      Gaia.

Gaia. Loyal Member

Will the Stargate have the cheat function ? I think the thing that Stargate is actually more like a Sky3ds card is a disadvantage. Sky3ds always sucked in every kind of way. I remember how annoying it was to always click on the buttons and that it couldn't even come near the Gateway Red Card. Gateway has so many good features so why would they cooperate with the most shity company.
      Does it at least have all the features that Gateway offers?

11. 41
      mcloverkorea

mcloverkorea Loyal Member

Thanks a lot. I just skimmed through your post and I think I will have no problems with it. I'm using A9LH V2, if there's any problems, I will ask questions on your post.

12. 25,605
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      I will keep you in mind the next time a nintendo product comes up for review. sadly the two units of stargate3ds allocated to us have already been assigned reviewers.

Also the new 'r4i-b9s' card the one preloaded with ntrboot has also been already shipped to a reviewer, that should be posted soon.

As for GW coder he is very good, but always been slow, and in some ways he is basically bored of the 3DS and the whole GW stuff, the thrill is gone, not to mention business wise the update payments are much smaller than they used to be when the card was selling in hundreds of thousands, instead of few dozen it is now, even with the previous updates, GW sales were down, once Sky3DS hit the market, it took out 90% of GW business, most resellers switched over to stocking it, and would not reorder more GW units, as good as the GW product is with all its features, most 3DS owners that purchase these flashcards just want plug&play roms, just drag&drop and play, no menus, no cheats, no patching, no extra stuff, that side of the world is 10% of the customers and out percentage most have gone CFW.

13. 25,605
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      You will have to wait until the StarGate reviews are posted, and the teaser video on their website, which should all be occurring near the end of the month and first week of october. --- but as far as I know there is no cheat function, but I could be wrong, and I am not sure if there is none at launch if it can be added later on, there is alot of neat hardware packed into the StarGate, its alot more complex than just the button pushing Sky3DS so hopefully we will be seeing alot of similar GW features on it over time, but again I have no solid info on this yet from them.

14. 95
      GatewayBugReport

if they ever do add cheats support they'll win a customer, that honestly why I bought a Gateway.
      CFW side will make users happiers.
      But well after all it's a brand new product, let's just hope that they'll provide regular updates to make it better and better.

15. 25,605
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    16. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Well, the ability to pick the 3DS ROM from the DS menu has my attention. But please tell me the NTRBoot part isn't stuck running Safe B9S Installer. That would suck. I've worked hard to create a one step installer that performs the entire installation via a standalone script runner. So that part looked like a step backwards to me (and probably anyone else that's run my "One & Done" installer).

You should get me in touch with these people. Tell them I'm willing to make a deal with them. I've got the easiest to use B9S installer around, and the world is slowly waking up to that fact. I can provide an NTRBoot version of my "One & Done" installer that performs the full installation and cleanup in one step for them to flash to the device. I can make it just the B9S installer running automatically, since obviously most people aren't going to care about the other two options anyway. I could also include the B9S portion of InScripted, including the only chainloader configuration that lets you fully configure it's hotkeys via a script. If they want to integrate CFW installation and customization in a smooth and seamless manner, that's something I can help them with. Naturally, I'll want a cut of the profit. And I'll need a card to test with.

17. 108
      TheMaster

TheMaster Loyal Member

What files work with Stargate? .CIA or .3DS i can see that .NDS work but I thought I was hearing that it is only going to work with .3DS files can someone clarify this for me?

18. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

From looking at the video of the Stargate card it basically looks like a sky3ds crossed with SuperCard DS2. Given that I have a sky3ds, the games for homebrew hacking were just impossible or extortionately priced, a SuperCard DS2, had it for years and is still a great card, and a Gateway card it's easy to say that.

I can't see the new card having cheats for the 3ds games only for the ds ones. I can see the Stargate card taking some of the Sky3ds business but not much from Gateway. As it's an NTRBOOTHAX compatible card may make it popular for people who want to hack 3ds's but they won't cough up that kind of money.

The awkward installation for Gateway coupled with no communication and, as the last year has shown, non existent updates has turned people away from Gateway to cfw.

If my card was to fail would I replace it with another Gateway? Would I recommend it to someone looking for a game card? A year ago I would have said yes to both. Now probably only the first.

If the coder isn't interested he needs to either sell the source code, I'm sure someone could crowd fund the purchase of it, or as has been suggested release it as open source for it to be integrated into cfw.

19. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Awesome! Except I only have a ps4, xb1, and the 3ds. Im trying to get a hold of a switch but life comes first.

Edit: sidenote im making homemade apple cider and the first batch was too weak. Tasted like watered down apple cider.

20. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

My father used to make that stuff. Made it too strong. 3 pints had him on the floor. It can be lethal