hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,649
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol for sure. Except I'm not making hard cider. I meant apples, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and water all cooked down in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Mashed, strained, then squeezed to get out all the excess juice from the apple pulp. Pretty much apple juice with seasoning.

However, next time I'm totally trying for some hard cider.

2. 7
      Khant_Ryder

Khant_Ryder Loyal Member

So ... The update should be around in October huh ? Well ... tell that Gateway that I'm still waiting.

People are losing their shits, I'm also losing my shit. But I'm trying my best to understand the things myself.

Just tell the Gateway team that , I'm still waiting. I don't need awesome new features. Just Gateway EmuNAND support for 11.5/11.6. This is all I ask for.

3. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

November bud. They are looking at a month after stargate release.

I predict February..........

Of 2019

4. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

I got a notification from distill alert box saying that the gateway website has been updated but I see no change, weird.

5. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Well, in the meantime, someone has made a new list of titles that will get online features working again on 11.2 (or partial 11.4). Not the ideal solution, but it should make the wait easier to take. You can call it frankenfirmware, but it's easy to undo (just system update your EmuNAND when the update hits).

On a side note, I've been running GodMode9 as a firm (instead of B9S) to check out the new bootloader. It's pretty good. And for the moment, it's the only chainloader that has a scripts menu. If only it loaded a little faster. I've already changed the installers in InScripted to include this as an option on the next release. They'll now provide a list of firms to pick from (just two right now, but it's expandable just by adding .firm and .sha files to the "boot9strap" folder).

6. 4
      wiiguy2000

wiiguy2000 Loyal Member

Quit waiting on this BS and go with CFW Luma. It is way better than Gateway. Seriously.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
    7. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Better is subjective.

I love the cheat system in gateway so I use it for fun.

I hate the fact that they keep users holding on with promises of updates.

Luma does allow me to play on the latest firmware, but no cheats.

Luckily for me I have more than 1 3ds.

8. 25,649
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    9. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

If ntr ever gets as good as the Gateway cheat system I may use it.

The easy in game menu. Creation of cheats. Memory searching. All these make the Gateway system superior. Shame the NTR system can't use Gateway cheats directly.

10. 4
      IlBelTia

IlBelTia Loyal Member

Hi guys, sorry if I ask, but could anyone please make me a fast summary (or link to me something like that) of what the actual Gateway situation is? I don't touch my 3DS since february, but now I would really like to play with it. Is GW dead? If it is and there is any alternative, what should I do to migrate to it from GW?
      Many thanks in advice.

11. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

The truth of the matter is nobody really knows. Vague promises, misinformation, and no communication with the end user is all we really have.

If you don't mind losing the use of your red card and cheats you can transfer to a cfw such as luma. I don't know how safe it is to copy your emunand back to sysnand as I've not done that.

12. 4
      IlBelTia

IlBelTia Loyal Member

Hi, thank you for your reply. I see... In the case I would like to go for this Luma cfw, is there any trustworthy guide to follow? Also, I don't care about cheats since I never used them, but what about save files? Would there be a way to keep them from GW?
      Thank you again

13. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

14. 95
      GatewayBugReport

If I change from Gateway to Luma I'll just lose the ingame menu and the rom loader and get nothing interesting "new" (until someone prove me wrong, but those 2 feature I prefer are not in Luma, even if the ctrpf thing is cool, we need to load a ntr plugin :/)

I think I'll just leave my 3ds has it is and continue to use my Switch until something interesting come. (if a good ingame menu come to Luma please someone @ me when it'll happen)

15. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

If you use my AIO, you lose nothing. It has GW hotkeyed to the B button. You gain Luma (plus ReiNAND, Cakes, and Skeith for that matter, but feel free to change those hotkeys to something else if you like, I provide a script for that). But you also keep GW. I have a new release almost ready, but I was really hoping for a suitable bugfix for the random crashes in BootCTR9 (unfortunately, yesterday's release didn't work with Decrypt9). And I'm hoping d0k3 gets that "shaget" command working so I can add the "pick any boot firm" option for those running Sighax with GM9, because they don't have to stick with chainloaders (one is built into the firm). They could have it launch ReiNAND as boot.firm and they'll still have GM9's payloads menu available.

R6 will include scripts that help you convert save files. They copy the .sav file you select to the title of either JKSM or SDF, your choice. So then you can just boot into GW mode, load the ROM from the select menu, and then dump the save with JKSM or SDF. No need to manually rename in GM9 or remove the card from the system and do it from your PC.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    16. 95
      GatewayBugReport

Isn't that just possible to """decrypt""" the .sav to browse the content of the save with GM9 ?
      It's possible with .3ds so why not with the .sav file ?
      (maybe we don't have the keys yet?)

Nice AIO btw

17. 8
      UzriNetanel

UzriNetanel Loyal Member

gj guys you really screwed gw users..
      at least i moved to b9s months ago and the moving process was already done

18. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Thanks. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask d0k3 if this is possible. However, unlike the .3ds format itself, which is more or less an open standard, the .sav files for the various carts are not (GW, Sky, and Sky+ all use different formats). So that complicates things somewhat. For now, I'm going to try to simplify the known methods with scripts that handle the copying/renaming part for you in both directions (though you'll need to remember to run a ROM after doing a restore to it, so you have a .sav file to select for the script to overwrite).

EDIT: Got a reply back from d0k3 -- "There's already an unfinished GM9 branch trying to achieve this, but it's more complicated then I thought it would be. I have it on my list, and I'm looking into it, but, yeah, no promises."

So, there you have it. I can't say it surprises me that it's complicated. Backup device manufacturers have a history of complicating, and making saves proprietary.

P.S. R6 is out now. It supports installing GM9 as a firm, among other things.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
      GatewayBugReport likes this.
    19. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Oh well. Another deadline passed now we're in October.

Don't suppose Gary has heard anything more about which millennium the next update will arrive?

Shame Gateway can't be honest and just admit that there's no more updates or support.

I'm sure we'll have a lot more coming soon, maybe next month, responses over the next 3 week.

Only problem with tomorrow. It never arrives.

20. 25,649
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @Andy A -- I stated before GW plan was to release a month after StarGate is shipping, and since StarGate is now not shipping to mid-October (currently, based on their last statement), that means at least mid-November before we could possibly see finally a GW update.

I will see if I hear anything from the sales team once the holidays are over in China, the first one (national day) ended today, but the mid-autumn festival is still on and factories and hk sales staff are not returning to work until after Oct 10th.

I sure wish I had as many 'holiday' breaks as they do! :)